First off Thank you to this killer community! grow 4 has begun

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

though I'm new at this with my first grow starting October 2021. I had always done auto flowers until this last grow where I ran 2 Durban Posions. I ended up killing one. overnutrients by complete accident. Though I thought it wass a helpless plany, It made a FIRE pound of butter. The second plant has been in dark 4 days straight and being chopped tomorrow to hang for 10 days.
Well moving to today I am now on my 4th grow. running 6 Runtz
Fem plants indoors. and 2 autoflowera (Girl Scout Cookies) plants until my dry closet becomes available. I have decided because of how much I love having variety of herbs at all times and not a huge quantity of one strain, that im going to always run 2 to 4 autos and then 6 photoperiod plants. I'm only going to Veg for 6 weeks max amd take all the suggestions I was given feom previous issues I had.
1.) lights were moved up and I am actually using tye intensity changing capability vs running 100% amd simply raising light. (got severe light burn last grow)
2. as much as I wanna keep feeding heavy I'm cutting back to 1/3 on feeding days.
3.) I added a Humidifier and have my Temps and humidity perfect for these first 30 days around 70/70
4. watering lighter more frequently (I hear both sides tonthis but it helped last grow.
so far so good.
The plants in front are 10 days younger yet look the same size. 4/30/2020 I planted feint 3 in Happy Frog, Fox Farm Soil and 1/3 Black Kow compost and perlite. The 3 in back were planted directly in soil on 5/8. All are in 2 gallon mesh because I wanna do smaller plants.
a question can a 5 week Veg time, yield 1 to 2 ounces?. I average 2.5 ounces on my autos so I'm trying to compare.
lastly any reccomendations on reliable seed banks that offer exotic, colorful dank ass seeds. I have only been using ILGM and they have been good but selection on exotic strains are limited.
my wife wants something with black or red or purple leaves and colorful Buds. any suggestions for either strains and or good places to order in US. thanks as always guy helping me significantly learn daily.

First off thank you to this killer community  grow 4 has begun
First off thank you to this killer community  grow 4 has begun 2
First off thank you to this killer community  grow 4 has begun 3
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Don't let that jackass ruin the rest of the forum for you, I would like to think he's the minority here.
well on that note... plants are verging string. had to bring my 2 autos in because it's been 95 to 100 degrees outside and immedietly stunted my plants. but tye runtz are loving tge environment and all tye changes from previous things I've been told on here throughout other grows. think I may have found sweet spot with intake, dimmer correct on exhaust, humidity at 70 and Temps at 78. lights at 75 percent intensity, 20" above canopy

Screenshot 20220604 220157 Photos
Swagmasterflex

Swagmasterflex

well on that note... plants are verging string. had to bring my 2 autos in because it's been 95 to 100 degrees outside and immedietly stunted my plants. but tye runtz are loving tge environment and all tye changes from previous things I've been told on here throughout other grows. think I may have found sweet spot with intake, dimmer correct on exhaust, humidity at 70 and Temps at 78. lights at 75 percent intensity, 20" above canopy
They look great! It's crazy how different strains love different environments, mine are the same way. Make balancing a tent run lol! I've got WC and dosidos in the front and skunk #1 in the back.

20220603 202717
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I'm gonna try the smaller pots, more plants this time. my first grow (didn't know what I was doing), I grew 5 autos in 5 gallon pots. they actually came out great but when I took root ball out there was so much wasted space. so I switched to 3 gallons, the grows later and still same thing but not as bad. so I'm going to try the 2 gallon, Veg for 50 to 60 days and go from there. I just gave them their first real good feed since they been planted. So cross fingers and see what's to come.
pictures attached was my first ever grow. I was very pleased BUT harvested wayyyy to early.. but you can see 5 gallons were way to big atleast in my opinion

Screenshot 20211024 195113 Photos
Screenshot 20211024 195244 Photos
20211022 220438
20211021 190936
Aviary image 1635569800891
20211019 205637
Screenshot 20211024 195454 Photos
indogrow420

indogrow420

hey vb2 how much did those GDP Auto yield? they look fire

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Man it was my first grow ever and my best ine yet lol. 10 ounces of bud and a shit ton of trim for 3 lbs of butter. I just finished trimming my 4 th grow ever, first attempt at photoperiods (Durban Poison) and got 2 ounces on the dot off one plant. I am producing 2 ounces off of autos in under 100 days and the Durban Poison I just ran 50 day veg/ 60 day flower (again first attempt at photos) I nearly killed one plant that I just turned the whole plant into coconut oil and the got exactly 2 ounces of bud.
So should I stick to autos and just do 6 different strains? practice on my photoperiods?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I lean heavy towards photos. You will get better with every grow. Durban is a specialty for me I’ll help you if I can.

Did you notice the air cleared in here? That will continue permanently.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

yes. and I appreciate that. so I just trimmed tye one plant and will attach pictures. I got exactly 2 ounces of bud and alot of trim. I'll add pictures and maybe you can tell me you're thoughts. 50 days of Veg and I believe 60 days of flower. 4 days un dark. wet trimmed half and left on stems to dry and dry trimmed other half. it is DELICIOUS and a damn great buzz. and it literally hasn't even started curing. into jars today.
I'm confused about ine thing in this grow. I was thinking Durban Poison would flower atleast 9 weeks. and after 60 days I had 15 percent amber. could that have been stress induced? or possible that it actually ripened that quick?

20220609 185023
20220609 184949
20220609 184928
indogrow420

indogrow420

nice yield,, If im not wrong I think finishing earlier than stated is pheno related?
I could see you make monsters with Photoperiod seeds! or run just 1 or 2 in veg tent till its a monster and after your autos are done throw it in the flower tent

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

so is 2 ounces for 110 days on one indoor plant that got severely fucked up at the end decent? this is an honest question. I hear and see these people getting 10 ounces plus of plants. I unfortunately can't Veg much longer tyen maybe 60 days with LST AND Scrogging cause of height issues. only thing I could think is Veg longer, top nore and as it gets taller lower my light intensity. I don't know I love to ivercomplicate shit lol. It's why I'm a landscaper by trade...I'm OCD as FU## Lol

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I like the idea of throwing autos into tent and just doing one monster plant or 2 since tent is is 4 ft long and only 2 feet wide

indogrow420

indogrow420

im a new timer myself but I say 2 oz on 1 plant is ok , atleast u have alot big buds and not alot of small ones, smaller pot more space for more plants and if u said the roots still had alot of space just picture them in a 2-3 gal I say its good yield... if it got defficient or sum in flower the stress can mess up yield alot definately on an Auto.
i hear with auto transplanting is no good , with photo guys veg n top over and over and make a crap ton of tops and that creates a nice even canopy with lst.

Im still learning and my first grow indoor was a mess, gave me like less than an Oz lol it was an auto bubblegum in a 1Gallon under the wrong spectrum light
your plants looks 1000 times better than any plant I ever grew lol so this is still goals for me xD

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I need to scroll back up and reread but spectrum can be your friend with height issues. Blue photons signal the plant it is in full sun and stop going vertical.

After genetics lighting is the most important factor in growing larger amounts in the same footprint. It’s an energy in = size out kinda relationship. But as you bring the lights up other weak areas will pop up like temp humidity too much or too little nutes things like that.

If you have good lighting and environment you can completely squash those harvest numbers in future grows. Must kinda depends what you want to put into the hobby. It sure is fun to grow buds bigger than your forearm.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I have the money and time and desire. I have access to any nutrients in bulk with being a landscaper. I give them atleast 30 minutes a day minimally and can give them up to 1 to 2 hours a night max.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I'll attach a picture of my tent with my current Runtz Griw. Back row was planted 5/8 and front row was planted 4/30. we can keep this thread going lol with mY current situation. plants are looking great and healthy, tyen woke up to leaves looking weird. I googled and searched and saw too many possibilities. maybe I can fund an answer on this thread. Runtz feminized s3eds, planted in 33%Fox Farm Soil, 33% HappyFrog Coco and 33% Black Kow Compost plus some extra perlite.
Current conditions 78 degrees 52 percent humidity, light at 75% at 22". I asked it on another thread but got no answer. Thanks for all the help

20220609 192655
20220609 193247
20220609 193251
20220609 193307
20220609 193258
20220609 193238
indogrow420

indogrow420

im no pro but read alot and do a few grows,, dont take this for a 100 but ju tryna be cool n try to help u kno haha,,,

the leaves are canoing but if temps are good, maybe PH , have you checked leaf temp? if your organic i dont think ph is the issue , did you give them feeed or they still feeding off the soil

I had some plants that I messed up their ph, I was using some fish emulsion and read that its very acidic and when I got my PH meter I tested one feed and the ph was at 4 lol but they loooked similar to that droopy top and twisted leaves
the plant on the back in the right corner looks like it could usee a touch a cal mag or epsom salt , make a foilar and mist them all

Last edited:
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

thanks for all the observations. today I gave them there first full feeding and I did add cal mag as I noticed that too. my Humidifier was also in that back right corner till today.. wondering if it being next to Humidifier effected it too

Latest posts

Top Bottom