First off Thank you to this killer community! grow 4 has begun

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Aqua makes a good point. Comes down to if you want to take this to the end with an almost guaranteed nice harvest if you stay the course or push it a little to learn and maybe get more but risk messing up a good thing? Your call.

I’m thinking more of adding just red than bringing the existing spectrum up equally. Not sure if you have any ability to do that with that fixture. But getting to know you I’ll bet you will be light shopping before to many more grows.

But then you have the heat issue… maybe a bar style light with remote driver so you can get the heat out of the tent. Try to win an SE3000 they are always doing giveaways.

You could Also add supplemental light bars for example I have UVA and Far red led bars next to my main lights.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

i am a risk taker. I have a blurple (300 watt) that i can turn on just reds. I now have an a.c. unit blowing against the back of tent keeping my temps cool now. only thing is the blurple is a smaller light and wont give out a nice spread. anything under it would get its max untensity

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Maybe just try half the tent. That way you will see if it is effective or detrimental and if it is just turn it off.

I have always been able to beat my led tent with metal halide for veg and HPS for flower. Red light is an autumn thing and spectrum is important for tuning a grow. HPS leans heavy red.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Here is an update on the 2 Girl scout Cookie Autos that were originally in this grows, tent. They have been outside (first attempt at growing outdoors) for 50 days (in tent for 25 days). Our temperatures here have been steady 85 degrees plus AND VERY humid (75% plus). One plant is nearing harvest with about 50% cloudy and 50% clear. Same plant has all 3 blade leaves, leaf tacoing and signs of stress. BUT is very frosty, bright redish/orange pistils. I had to bring them inside today because of a bad storm that blew one plant over. I have put them through all other storms.
Overall not very impressed with this grow considering it was all done in sunlight. The hode spacing is far apart. besides the main cola, the other buds are spaced out. Does STINK lol. I guess we will see how it cures.

20220713 201034
20220713 201011
20220713 200935
20220713 200848
20220713 174341
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Newest Update: Had to bring in my Girl Scout Cookie Autos because its 95 degrees outside and the leaves were not happy. i feel that the buds arent as frosty as i thought and im wondering if the past 2 weeks of 90 plus degree temps played a roll. i brought plants indoor under a cheap bloomspect 1200watt (true 300 watt) for the last week. They are loving being indoors.
Lastly my clone/mutant/top from a durban poison...I had to build a quick diy scrog because it has atleast 2 months left before it starts flowering (i am assuming sept. or october because i have never grown outdoor photoperiods. This mutant put out 6 or 7 main branches from the mutation point. I have to keep tgis plant below fence level. lol
MUTANT DURBAN POISON IN VIDEO
Pictures are my indoor runtz getting frosty as hell with atleast 4 weeks left

20220716 152001
20220716 151851
20220716 151623
20220716 151612
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I am thrilled to have some of the people commenting on this grow and helping me out. rather then make a new post im hoping someone here can answer something for my next grow im preparing. i have 3 options of seeds to germinate for my tent after muntz are done. I have Chocolope, Strawberry Coughand amnesia Haze (and a bunch of autos that im running outside). Question is, My tent is a 4x2 and 5' tall. I have a MarsHydro Tsl 2000 currently (wanting to upgrade and want to reccomendations). I can bri g my lights basically 6 inches from the top. If I wanted to grow an untouched plant, no scrog, no lst or hst, how long would i veg for. I was considering running 1 of each and not touching them. Im making my soil/compost/sand/perlite/cococo mix tomorrow and wondering if i would get more bud from 3 untouched plants or 6 scrogged plants like ive been running after 50 days of veg. sorry for all the wlquestions but you guys are helping me with my best run yet with these runtz and my outdoor durban posion mutant/clone

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I have been doing ALOT of in depth reading about trichomes, and good window of time for harvest etc. Since before my first grow last year I always heard "when you think its ready wait a week or two". in my previous 3 grows I felt like I lengthened my flowering time. I have my 2 Girl scout cookie Autos that I had to bring in because of oir heat wave. I knows its rifht around the time of harvest. i know being an autoflower, everyday is a big deal (little recovery time). One of my plants pistils are basically all deep red/orange. my tricomes are all cloudy but in back of my head i keep hearing "wait a week or 2". Should I wait based off of the pictures? i did my best with shaky hands to get as close as possible without blur.
Thanks guys/gals

20220717 214134
20220717 214121
20220717 214102
20220717 213817
20220717 213548
LittleMissGreenFingers

LittleMissGreenFingers

Great thread :) Finally signed up after a year reading/learning/growing. Thank you all for the knowledge you unknowingly gave me. I just wanted to suggest Pink Kush for your wife.. It is CBD mostly 30:1 but it is so pretty to grow, dark purples.. and i actually found it really helpful with my pain and anxiety. Im now trying a variant of that which is 1:1 THC/CBD... the name is escaping me right now but im expecting great things. Id also suggest some Jack Herer, just finished my 8&9th grow and they came out amazing. Big heavy tight buds. Happy growing! it really is addictive once you get going

Edit: ran out to find the seed packet. the 1:1 is Purple Kush. Im also running LSD-25 alongside it. Im after pretty colours and flavour. The LSD is also really purple

Last edited:
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thanks for the suggestions. We have run a jack herer auto and we loved it. so far from my grows durban posion and bruce banner are up there. . i got a sativa pack of 3 strain i git started... Chocolope, Super Lemon Have and Strawberry cough. I rigged the most low budget setup because im out of space lol. and then i have the current Runtz, 2 gelato autos. Today i started germinations of 2 Blueberry 2 Amnesia Haze and 2 Northern Lights that someone gave me for a half ounce of some "I-Candy" (one of my new favorite taste profiles) Lights. I have space for one more photoperiod because my Durban poison is taken up alot of space. If someone wants to suggeat a Exotic/colorful/high resin cool plant to grow for outdoors (auto or photo preferably photo) i would love a suggeation. would be in a 10 gallon pot and our flowering feom what i understand starts mid to late sept. Im in VA right on the water so its VERY HUMID and right now as example oir heat index was 112 and humidity was almost 80%. thats oir conditions till september (90s and high humidity). if the suggestion for the cool plant would be best indoor, ill make room for it somehow after the Runtz run.
Now back to the previous person that commented, this forum and site is AWESOME. I would have given up after my first or s3cond run. i couldnt for the life of me get my watering down and killed so many plants. and now im producing some pretty damn good herb. One of our employees worked in Colorado in a dispensery and says that my current grow looks really good for being a new grower. i know im on the right path but am ready to step it up even if that means growing on 1 or 2 at a time. all suggestions welcome
*Pictures are my low budget rig for now to get through seedlinh stage. room is 60% rh (getting another humidifier tomorrow) and 72 degrees.
The nugs are from a trim i did of my Girl Scout Cookies that needs to go back on dry rack. GSC Has an AWESOME smell that i can pinpoint. sweet for aure but quite unique (cant wait to see end cured result) and picture of plants is most current runtz beefing up and getting frosty as fu##
Bless Up and sending good positive vibes

20220721 215508
20220721 215500
20220721 221331
20220721 221229
20220721 220102
20220721 215923
20220721 220002
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Update... My new Mars hydro sp 3500 came intoday. i haved decided to hang both, though i raised my original mars hydro closer to 18 inches vs 12" from canopy. I plugges both i. and ran both at 100 percent and canopy temps got to 90 whi h i norammlyy maintain at 75ish. should i jist run my new one at 100 percent. its a much better ligh and 100 watts more id be giving on week 6 of flower. or is co2 bags an option. i can mage a rig to pmy my ac unit directly into mt y tent vs being outside next to my intake fan

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

Update... My new Mars hydro sp 3500 came intoday. i haved decided to hang both, though i raised my original mars hydro closer to 18 inches vs 12" from canopy. I plugges both i. and ran both at 100 percent and canopy temps got to 90 whi h i norammlyy maintain at 75ish. should i jist run my new one at 100 percent. its a much better ligh and 100 watts more id be giving on week 6 of flower. or is co2 bags an option. i can mage a rig to pmy my ac unit directly into mt y tent vs being outside next to my intake fan
There is a ridiculous amount of PAR test videos on YouTube for the Mars Hydro SP3000, I would definitely start there if you’re strugggling with your hanging height and light intensity.

The two videos I briefly watched used hanging heights of 18 & 19.5 inches with the light intensity at 100%, they were averaging between 800-1000 ppfd at the canopy.

If it was ME… I would drop the light to somewhere between 8-12 inches and lower the light intensity to probably 50-70% to get better efficacy and less heat out of your light.

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

latest update for those requesting: Got both lights running at 12 to 14 1inches. and runing now at 65 percent. i took off scrog which allowed me to get into each plant better and defoliate and enlven cut off some pointlesstiny popcorn buds. Shift plants around that i felt needed a bit more intensity. taking of scrog reallly seems to give plants alot nore breathing room. hope this is one atep closer to making it my best grow yet
Just keep an eye out for light stress. Dim them if they start to show stress, those lights are powerful!

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

heres the latest video update with everything squared in, scrog net off which allowed me to better clean my plants, defoliate and trim tiny buds i had missed. LOTE more room and space between plants and buds, i turned some plants that werent getting the most lighting. ill touch back in a week. thanks for all the positive messages and feedback

20220725 201008
BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

heres the latest video update with everything squared in, scrog net off which allowed me to better clean my plants, defoliate and trim tiny buds i had missed. LOTE more room and space between plants and buds, i turned some plants that werent getting the most lighting. ill touch back in a week. thanks for all the positive messages and feedback
That’s awesome 👏

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

so since i have some really awesome people on this thread that have helped me alot. I have nothing better to do as of my plants this evening however i started germination of a bunch of seeds (8 cool autos for outside) and 6 for my tents and closet.
My medium on my current run (frostiest and healthiest yet) i do equal parts Oceans Forest Soil, Happy Frog Coco, an BlackKow Compost. plus a bit more perlite. i have been continplating sand or stones or again suggestions. ive already made my mix for my pots tomorrow, but am willing to add somethings that could help even more. ive gotten much better at watering and really feel the plants loved the compost. so any addifions would be to help step it up more. Thanks guys

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

PEST INFESTATION!!! Mainly on my outdoor auto plants. my indoor plants has a bit of gnats but nothing destructive. however i would like to spray them if possible. Can you spray all organic pest control on week 6 of flower.
My Mix would be from a video on YouTube by Liqui-dirt llc called killing spider mites and aphids dead. Ingredients and steps are below of ingredients that would go into 2 liters. (all ingredients with a new sprayer would cost me $60 with many uses besides alcohol which uses 1 cup pe4 2 liter

MIXING STEPS (OIT OF ORDER BUT NUMBERED IN PROPER ORDER)
STEP 2: Dr Woods Natural Castile Soap Peppermint (1/4 cup)

STEP 1: Dr Woods Tea Tree Castile Soap (1/4 cup)

STEP 4: Alcohol 70% Isopropyl (I Cup)

STEP 3: Hydrogen Peroxide 1%
(1 tablespoon)

small pump sprayer (write soap on it)

2 quarts of water

MUCH LOVE AS ALWAYS❤️💛💚

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Im not a bug guy but i wouldn’t spray plant at this stage. Id probably wait and just bud wash

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

what about the soil for my tent plants? amd foliar spray on my autos outside that are 31 days (2 plants) 21 days (1)? truthfully my main concern are my outdoor ones.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

what about the soil for my tent plants? amd foliar spray on my autos outside that are 31 days (2 plants) 21 days (1)? truthfully my main concern are my outdoor ones.
Root treatment with some like BTI may work coupled with lots of stickies. Not for mites but for gnats and things like that.

But im not very well versed in the bug world… been fortunate thus far but i have a feeling its coming lol

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Root treatment with some like BTI may work coupled with lots of stickies. Not for mites but for gnats and things like that.

But im not very well versed in the bug world… been fortunate thus far but i have a feeling its coming lol
i have never had bug issues cause i have always run indoors in very clean enviroment. I honestly think the stickies i have are really helping and frankly i feel gnats or feuit flies show the plants must be sweet lol. I just strted growing outdoor 3 months ago but mid june to mid sept we either have rain or 70 to 90 percent humidity which sucks. but if im not being tried and challenged then where is the fun. I am leaning towarda photoperiods more especially with cariety of plants there out there and more time to f8x issues if they arise. With My Autos, each day is compared to a week of photos. very limited tume to keep healthy plants and or fix a problem quick enough to maxinmize yeild. But at the end of the day if u got quality buds in jars from the work of my own 2 hands and nature, im blessed and happy with just that.

Top Bottom