First Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter plm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
plm

plm

Greetings, this is my first attempt at outdoor growing, I planted this a month ago, and I really haven't had the time to tend to her since I was abroad, yesterday I paid her a visit, and I found her like this, my first impression was, damn she is lacking N and microelements, and need to mention that I didn't used any special soil, no ph, no feed, no flush, nothing so far, just planted the seed directly outdoors and this is the result.

Please give me some advices on what to do next. Thank you in advance

First outdoor grow
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Let it do it’s thing, maybe give it some liquid nutes, but do not expect much from that plant. That soil it is in looks awful. It is probably far too compact for the roots to easily move through the soil. It also looks like it’s pretty depleated if available nutrients. I also can’t tell if it is getting too much or too little light, and it looks like it’s not getting a whole lot of water. All of these things will hinder the growth of your plant. Leaving your plant alone for an extended period of time is never a good idea, lots of things can happen in the interim that will cause your plant to suffer and stunt it’s growth. At this point I would say do some planning now for next year and look forward to that season.

plm

plm

Appreciate the input, the water intake is fine I assume as it's raining every 4-5 days, and the soil can keep the water like sponge that's no issue, the lack of light, nutes and the soil is problem I agree, thank you for your opinion, I will continue feeding and that's it for now, I don't have high hopes as it's my first outdoor grow so far, but next year I will definetly plan better.

I

ICanGrowNow

Appreciate the input, the water intake is fine I assume as it's raining every 4-5 days, and the soil can keep the water like sponge that's no issue, the lack of light, nutes and the soil is problem I agree, thank you for your opinion, I will continue feeding and that's it for now, I don't have high hopes as it's my first outdoor grow so far, but next year I will definetly plan better.

Would you be willing to spend time with it? I found a Grove of baby pot plants in a motel once by the local stoners room, killed 4 of them learning an uprooting technique that produced a survivor lol
5$ Walmart soil will work, if they have a decent garden center find a 5gal pot if not hydroponics shops have even fancier fabric pots.
I fear the stressed out plant will manage to attract more problems!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Often the pH is whacked in outdoor soil. That will lead to lockout, and a plant that looks like that. If a general veg fertilizer doesn't perk it up, you need to check the pH. Getting late in the season to even worry, if you're northern hemisphere.

plm

plm

Northern hemisphere lat 45 degrees north... mountain climate, the rainy season is coming, as if it wasn't enough this rainy summer...

K

Kbye

Yank it out of the ground. Research over the winter and try again next yr.

S

Slothh760

Get some coconut water its an awesome organic liquid fert. And its Suttle enough to not burn yet strong enough to see results after only a couple days.

Coconut water contains all essential nutrients as well as calmag and will leave your plant chasing the sky. A group of growers i associate with swear by it and this is my first year using it but i see why they do

plm

plm

I went by today to check on it, I cleaned the surface of the soil of other weeds as well as the dead leaves, gave her foliar feed also topped it. Not expecting much and I don't have my hopes high, I just want to watch and learn how it develops as it's my first outdoor grow.

the rrock

the rrock

greetings young lady(or sir) I'm glad your giving this plant a chance to thrive, without that you wouldnt know what this plant may yield plus like you said>nada beas experience
keep it up jr.

plm

plm

1 week ago I topped her and she responded well apparently, things are looking good after I fed her, we'll just carry on like this and see what happens.

plm

plm

Flowering time, due to low temperatures at night, the foliage is slowly changing its color into purple shades.
This was a first test to see how a plant will manage in the mountain climate without any help at all, but next year I will sure to pick different spot with bigger light exposure and use my own soil mix + water it frequently, and make sure to veg some 1-2 months indoor before transplanting out, I learned much this run.

I think it will be ready in 2-3 weeks, I don't have high expectations anyway as I have enough material to burn from my indoor grows!

20181005 170453
20181005 170622
20181005 170642
Top Bottom