• Tagged users None
Z

zyt3x

Hi folks, i'm from croatia, Istria, to be precise, and
i want to make my first growth this time. I have some
skunk seeds, and i generally know what I have to do,
but i was wondering if it would be better to germinate
the seeds first or to use the double-pot method, and
what size the pots should be, as they will be on my roof.
Anyway, this will be my first growth ever, so i would appreciate if someone would explain the terms soil, sexing the plants and fertilizing to me. Thanks a lot.

budboy299

budboy299

I would germinate the seeds first where you can control the enviroment to some degree.
You would hate for some animal or bugs or flooding rains to ruin your first grow. Once they are established move them outdoors. It really does grow like a weed and once it is a decent size, you almost can't kill the plant outdoors. Usually the plants that are hurt the most outdoors are due to our own interference in their normal growth.
Biggest thing is to only water when they need it and not over water. This is almost as bad as underwatering and letting them die of thirst.

H

hailstone

Soil in Croatian seems to be tlo and fertilizer gnojivo.

Sexing the plants means finding out whether they are male or female.

Pot size outdoors should be as big as possible, at least 15 liters. Of course you can use less but then you'll get less stuff to smoke too.. However you say that you'll be growing on your roof? Then you might want to use a smaller pot size to help keep the plant small so that no one will see it. But that isn't the only option to keep the plant small. You could, for example, top it or tie it down or...

Z

zyt3x

aha... so, thanks you folks explained the terms.
Hiding the plants won't be a problem cause i live pretty isolated, but i wondered, when is the best time
to plant the seeds(it are normal skunk seeds), i mean which month, and when the
plant is about 6-8 inches, can it be all the day on
the sun or should i move it indoors a part of the day? insects won't be
a problem, i have read some tutorials about it and understood them pretty well. Anyway, what should i do when it starts raining?? :-)

Z

zyt3x

btw, which fertilizer do i have to use, when do
i have to use it, and how should i increase the dosage ???

D

Down South Sage

It is really hard to mess seeds up using the old elementry school tecnique of wetting a paper towel and placing seeds in the wet paper towel then place them in an open ziplock and put them on your fridge top.Most good seeds will sprout tap in 24 to 36 hours.

P

ProGroWannabe

btw, which fertilizer do i have to use, when do
i have to use it, and how should i increase the dosage ???

Follow the intructions on the bottle......almost.

Start young plants on ferts after they show their first set of true leaves. Once you see the pointed leaves, take the recommended dose on the bottle(s) and multipy that by .125. That will give you 1/8th strength. Feed them with 1/8 strength for the first few feeds, then increase to .250 (1/4) strength. Proceed slowly from there. Most ferts will burn your plants if you get them up to the full recommended dosages on the bottle(s).

D

dkmonk

I usually don't even fertilize until they have a couple of internodes at least if they are in a soil mix, because of burning them. I think the soil usually has enough nutrients in it for the plant to grow for 2 weeks or so.

idk i just get too scared when they are so little, i hate killing things.

P

ProGroWannabe

That's a good point that you make dkmonk and one that I SHOULD have been more clear on--I grow in coco, not soil. So I have to feed really early. Sorry for my lack of clarity there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom