First Prize is $1 What's Your Guess?

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

Coco grow is the only clue I want to share so not to steer any assumptions. What is happening here?
First prize is 1 whats your guess

First prize is 1 whats your guess 2

Arwood

Arwood

Root rot? I’m thinking nutrient uptake deficiency, bugs, or it got too hot in there and dried them out.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Over feeding, your rate is probally not bad for the first half of flower but once you hit the midway point you will need to drop your ppm. I’ve done the same thing a million times lol.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I’d agree with above.
tox. And mites.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looks like toxic nutes to me, especially nitrogen. What mosh said.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Over feeding, your rate is probally not bad for the first half of flower but once you hit the midway point you will need to drop your ppm. I’ve done the same thing a million times lol.
Bingo! Run them like hell in veg, then start progressively starving them in flower, it's the only way!
Every nutrient in flower needs total evaluation, and should be done only on an as-needed basis.

I've finally got that much down, with many plants that shot out of the gate, become prolific, but then were eventually over fertilized.

That continuum CANNOT be maintained, because as the plant ages though it's developmental stages, it's nutrient needs during mid to late flower diminish profoundly.

Last edited:
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Bingo! Run them like hell in veg, then start progressively starving them in flower, it's the only way!
Every nutrient in flower needs total evaluation, and should be done only on an as-needed basis.

I've finally got that much down, with many plants that shot out of the gate, become prolific, but then were eventually over fertilized.

That continuum CANNOT be maintained, because as the plant ages though it's developmental stages, it's nutrient needs during mid to late flower diminish profoundly.

Do you mean in hydro or in soil as well?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Do you mean in hydro or in soil as well?
ESPECIALLY in soil, hydro can just be dropped then maintained at lower PPM probably. I'm going to leave that question for someone else, perhaps someone as qualified as Aqua, or someone who's got a little more advanced experience than me on the hydro department, but most certainly in soil, and certainly everything (hydro included) once it gets to end stages, because cutting back nutrient & drought creates a few mechanisms that work to your advantage...

For one, the plant cannibalizes itself at the end, and that's nothing short of a good thing, because the plant is "self-cleaning" the toxins that we otherwise don't want in the tissues, and directing them into extending life, building life. When the plant cannibalizes it's excess nutrients, it's a form of "self purification", in a sense.... Then the drought conditions further concentrate those efforts.

UV A/B comes into play here also, it's a contributing factor in the alkaloid complexity, and quality of the THC, I believe. If the genetics are capable... But cutting down the nutrients in mid to late flower really help maintain a clean and pure end product. You will taste the difference. This is one of the factors that separates otherwise potent average flowers, from highly exceptional tasty ones....

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Let’s end this right now........2 issues going on.

1. Over fertilization- by the deep green color so late in flowering, it’s a safe bet your ppm is way too high and has been for a while. Your 2nd pic in the first post is a good representation, crispy leaves basically.

2. Mites- I am 100% positive your 1st posted pic is serious mite damage, I should know as I fought them for years. This is the classic plant appearance.

At this point, late in flowering - just remove any and all leaves with a lot of damage caused by either issue. Stop fertilizing, and finish the plants off. I’ve had plants look a lot worse over the years, and still the smoke was great, but yield usually suffers a bit.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Let’s end this right now........2 issues going on.

1. Over fertilization- by the deep green color so late in flowering, it’s a safe bet your ppm is way too high and has been for a while. Your 2nd pic in the first post is a good representation, crispy leaves basically.

2. Mites- I am 100% positive your 1st posted pic is serious mite damage, I should know as I fought them for years. This is the classic plant appearance.

At this point, late in flowering - just remove any and all leaves with a lot of damage caused by either issue. Stop fertilizing, and finish the plants off. I’ve had plants look a lot worse over the years, and still the smoke was great, but yield usually suffers a bit.
Bingo.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
That’s the correct answer. ^
where should he send the 1$ bounty?😂👊

3 balls

3 balls

Not a single bad guess, considering nothing to go by other than one crappy picture. Zero mites, we've gone to battle many times and this room had the unusual luck of never having any. Over feeding is the correct answer although other strains in this crop managed well (week 6), and this strain has responded well to as close to identical circumstances as it gets. I'm convinced the underlying problem is lazy, bad habits I developed, or poor husbandry, the correct term as Trustfall calls it. Pathogens passed on through generations of cloning have turned this once vigorous champion of a strain into a limp along.

Top Bottom