First RDWC Grow - Taking the Deep Water Culture Plunge

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I'm sure the ones in the solvent are no longer any good but I can pull some out next time now that I know they are in there. Won't those seeds be prone to hermie themselves with no stress?

Buzzking

Buzzking

I’m making RSO from this plant today, 5 ounces in this batch. I don’t have any other strains to mix in and just relying on my homegrown 100% for this batch.

Making oil, I noticed this plant was stressed out way more than I thought, and she hermied and there were quite a few seeds. Is what it is and I am even more thankful that I was able to get This plant to the finish line. Got a sample in for testing and will post the results here later in the week.
I know all about stress and the hermie @SweetLeafGrow. Still trying to smoke my way through the 25 ounces plus ounces of seedy bud I grew. Good news is it does get me high and more good news, getting good at de-seeding again, reliving the 70 & 80’s! 😂

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Finished the RSO and was pleasantly surprised. I ran 5.5 oz and yielded 29 grams of RSO, that works out to be ~5.25 grams per oz. The medicine seems potent enough and I'm getting zero anxiety so far. Still waiting on the lab results, hoping they will be available today sometime. I checked my account and they have snapped a photo of the flower I submitted so I am definitely in the system and I figure the results will be done sometime today. Here is the hi-res photo taken by the lab-

Apples and Bananas hi res closeup

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm sure the ones in the solvent are no longer any good but I can pull some out next time now that I know they are in there. Won't those seeds be prone to hermie themselves with no stress?
Yes, if you stress them again the same way, you should expect similar results.

If you do not (which you wont!) it's a crap shoot. Same as picking up any other fem seeds. They got feminized by stressing the mom.

Treat them right, and if they still hermie too bad don't grow them again. Also, there are degrees of hermies, you might have a great grow and still find a few seeds. On any genetics. It happens.

Electrolights

Electrolights

e you will like this strain and can grow it agai

@SweetLeafGrow what did you end up using to boost alkalinity and keep your ph stable? Im trying to make my res last longer yet didnt have good luck with "silica blast" although it might just have been a bio film and not a silica film.
try athena's balance, i havent been worried about ph at all keeps it steady even with all the other problems ive had never had a swing, it is silica as well though

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

try athena's balance, i havent been worried about ph at all keeps it steady even with all the other problems ive had never had a swing, it is silica as well though
You mean this?

So I've actually made my first batch with it last night. Took ph from 5.6 up to 8.6. I added 1.5ml per gallon. Seen about 50ppm increase in nutrient solutions. I also added some ph up which it up to 9 ph lol. . then i brought it back down to 5.5 with ph down.

Im actually trying to figure out what to title my new thread. Was gonna make a post tonight. . still might

20220918 142339
Last edited:
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

You mean this?

So I've actually made my first batch with it last night. Took ph from 5.6 up to 8.6. I added 1.5ml per gallon. Seen about 50ppm increase in nutrient solutions.

Im actually trying to figure out what to title my new thread. Was gonna make a post tonight. . still might

Yea, the Tree Trunk did similar things to the ph. I added it at the rate of 2 ml per gallon and then use it instead of ph up if needed. Moe and Aquaman refer to it as a buffer for the ph and it seems to work very well. I think by buffer they mean it stabilizes things. Ph in my new grow has been super stable once I got a couple days in and I did use the Tree Trunk in my initial res but have not had to use it because when my ph does go out, which has not been often, it rises to 5.9 so <1 ml of ph down and I'm back to 5.8.

Electrolights

Electrolights

You mean this?

So I've actually made my first batch with it last night. Took ph from 5.6 up to 8.6. I added 1.5ml per gallon. Seen about 50ppm increase in nutrient solutions. I also added some ph up which it up to 9 ph lol. . then i brought it back down to 5.5 with ph down.

So when I add balance it’s at 1.5ml a gallon as well with my 15-20g of water letting it sit and mix in res while I clean everything then dump core then grow/bloom in, usually brings it to 6-6.5 after rest of mutes are in and I drop it to 5.5 with down, I’m running with 1.5 EC and the plants are used to 2.5 wasn’t even burning them , only lowered ec to promote root growth since I had some issues with rot but got it all out now

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I would be derelict if I failed to recognize and thank @Moe.Red and @Aqua Man for their amazing help in getting me to the finish line with this grow. Not only did I reach the checkered flag, but got lots of flowers and winning time. Can't thank you Bro's enough!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Got my lab results today, super happy with the results.

26%+ raw THC with almost a 4% terpenes! wow! Several of the terps are good anti cancer so this one is a keeper fosure. Special thanks to @ImpulsiveGrower for this impressive cultivar.
View attachment 1291677
View attachment 1291678
Man that’s super legit to see it on a pie graph and seeing the numbers. I probably asked this before but how much is it to get a test done and how much is needed for a sample??? I plan to do some testing too and especially for the new crosses I’m working on 😈 so ppl can look and get an idea of what my crosses have to offer.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

This lab charges $100 for the Cannabinoid and the Terpene test and they want a 1.5g sample. They gave me a deal for $50 for both tests because I am a self provider but I had to ask for that and I am not sure if they will honor that in the future but I will for sure be asking! There is another lab that I used before here in the state and they charge $68 for the same test and they don't test for as many terpenes. There are two other labs in the state that I plan to try and see if they will consistently give me a self provider discount. It's spendy to pay full price but it gives me great piece of mind knowing what is in my medicine.

Edit-

FYI, since the federal gubmint still looks at us as criminals, the testing is way overpriced, mainly because we cannot mail our samples to the lab. They actually have to send a courier to physically pick up your sample and that can get expensive with long distances involved. Look for labs within a 200 mile radius and see if their couriers travel to your location, even if they are in a different state. I think the more competition, and federal decriminalization will ultimately make the testing much more affordable, as it should be.

Last edited:
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Thanks bro! This may change but as for now I'm going to be running a strain by Brother Mendel called Tropic of Censer in the next hydro grow. My plan is to start a seed (done) and pull some clones for the hydro system. Going to be running 4 this time so I need this seedling that I have started to get big so I can root at least 4 clones for this new grow, want all the same strain and preferably off the same mother for uniformity in the grow.

I'm going to have a bit of a gap in grows this time, got lots of things in the works yet to share, and I'm right in the middle of my kitchen remodel. Once that is finished I should have some good rooted clones and be ready to rock and roll!

I have grown this! I have also grown his Ghost in the Machine, Breakfast in Paris and Licorice. One of the first ppl I got involved with when we became a legal state. Great fellow, stellar genetics. Enjoy! 😍

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks for the info @CannaGranny, would love to hear more about the Tropic of Censer, I've not been able to come across anyone who has grown these strains. I've also go a seedling of Mendel's Aether going, super excited about these strains. Do you have any photos?

I've also got some freebies from him, Laffy Affy and AF Coup, again, I know next to nothing about these strains. Would be fun to try em out and see I guess!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Thanks for the info @CannaGranny, would love to hear more about the Tropic of Censer, I've not been able to come across anyone who has grown these strains. I've also go a seedling of Mendel's Aether going, super excited about these strains. Do you have any photos?

I've also got some freebies from him, Laffy Affy and AF Coup, again, I know next to nothing about these strains. Would be fun to try em out and see I guess!
I do have some pics I believe on my laptop, will look into that. The Tropic of Censer is an interesting plant due to the high cbd profile. One of the ones I used for my Daughters seizures and ppl dealing with pain. It was a medium bearer and loved by ppl dealing with daily pain. The buzz was deep and relaxing. I also recommended it to ppl being treated for the ugly c word.
One of the things I appreciate about the Brother, time goes into everything before it’s released. Unlike a bunch of breeders throwing out first gen seeds with no testing etc behind it. He gives specifics on growing each strain from the scarring of the seed to germination specs if needed and he stands behind his stuff. I’m sure you know he has several major accomplishments under his belt. His methods are straight up scientific and his stuff is fire!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Awesome, thank you! Yea, I had read about this line of medicinal strains and your review gives me great confidence in my choice here. I am treating the "ugly c" and so yea, the CBD very much interested me and all the strains in this line using the infamous male, Tropic of Censer(Purple Cut) to breed with. I'd also be interested in hearing about the Licorice Whip which is also in this medicinal line.

He gives specifics on growing each strain from the scarring of the seed to germination specs if needed and he stands behind his stuff.

I have looked and been unable to find much strain specific info, even at his website. I did, however, try his seed germination method using 1:1 RO water and H2O2 and it worked marvelously.

Top Bottom