First REAL large indoor grow.

• Thread starter Planewreck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Been doing it outside for 25 years.Bought a house with a big enough spare room to give it a whirl.I invested in a 10x10x80 grow tent and 4 mars hydro ts 3000 lights.Starting my plants today.
First real large indoor grow

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
I received and installed my ventilation system today.First thought damn thats a big box.Then i picked it up.....damn got some weight to it too....this things humungus.I took a sawzall to the ceiling and made an 8 inch hole.I put a peice of old school chicken wire with a 8 inch dryer vent going straight into the attic.I was going to post pictures but cant seem to upload any.Third thought...damn on high this things flat moving some air.Lol,stoned as Cheech the whole time i was doing it.

mancorn

mancorn

I received and installed my ventilation system today.First thought damn thats a big box.Then i picked it up.....damn got some weight to it too....this things humungus.I took a sawzall to the ceiling and made an 8 inch hole.I put a peice of old school chicken wire with a 8 inch dryer vent going straight into the attic.I was going to post pictures but cant seem to upload any.Third thought...damn on high this things flat moving some air.Lol,stoned as Cheech the whole time i was doing it.

Are you venting into your attic or thought your attic outdoors? As the former will result in a huge mold problem for your house.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Are you venting into your attic or thought your attic outdoors? As the former will result in a huge mold problem for your house.
I was thinking the same thing. Do NOT vent into the attic alone. You need to move that air out of the house if you're going that route.

Also, holy shit. Setting a tent up that size must've been a task. I'd just run in the damn room lol

Either way, signing up for this ride. Bought the ticket, seat's assigned, my ass is planted 😎

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
I was thinking the same thing. Do NOT vent into the attic alone. You need to move that air out of the house if you're going that route.

Also, holy shit. Setting a tent up that size must've been a task. I'd just run in the damn room lol

Either way, signing up for this ride. Bought the ticket, seat's assigned, my ass is planted 😎
Didnt consider the mold....simple for me to install a vent stack exiting the roof tho....looks like im off to Lowes today.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Ok heres a live temp test of 4 mars hydro ts 3000.They are turned up to 100%.The temp sensor is mounted on the center tent pole mid height.Since learning of my impending mold problem and redesign in progress i left the fan off.The tents bottom vents are open(just the rectangular ones) the rop right hand coner vent is open its an 8 incher.
20210117 165629
20210117 165717

20210117 165746
Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Ill wait and on every hour ill post the temp pic.

Top Bottom