First REAL large indoor grow.

• Thread starter Planewreck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Yea thanks to all you guys so far.Im a first timer indoors.....if we dont count an afghan mother plant kept in a closet for two years.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Ok even im not believing this shit.They simply are not hot at all.

20210117 180016
Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Finally a change.When i have issues dont think it will be heat.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
No plants yet just testing light heat.The drivers are outside the tent.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agree thats to cold... gonna want like 80f lights on and around 70f lights out. I understand your justvtesting but the temls make a huge difference in plant growth and health.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
That thermometer is in the room next to the tent.ambient temps are the same.
Agree thats to cold... gonna want like 80f lights on and around 70f lights out. I understand your justvtesting but the temls make a huge difference in plant growth and health.
Agreed and understand.I was looking at an led thread earlier today and just had to know myself.Mars Hydro TS 3000s pull 450 watts each at the plug wide open and increase room temp by 2 to 3 degrees in two hours without ventilation.I was worried about heat issues and if the starters are outside the tent theres no heat....mad scientist here....just had to know.

Last edited:
Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
I love all the advice tho guys.This was more to settle my mind down and maybe solve a myth or two.Much appreciated keep it coming.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Final verdict.If your leds are to hot you may want to look at these.Each light comes with 2 meanwell drivers and oddles of cord so you can put them and the dimmers outside a tent easy.
20210117 195034 Burst01

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When searching for LED i go with the most diodes at the same wattage. Makes them more efficient and less lost through heat. Very general statement but to lazy to go through it all.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
When searching for LED i go with the most diodes at the same wattage. Makes them more efficient and less lost through heat. Very general statement but to lazy to go through it all.
The lower the amps, the lower the temps.

That made more sense in my head.

It's more like:

The lower the amps (per diode), the lower the temps.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
They use 450 each light.Thats 1800 in a ten by ten.Im thrilled that the heat is outside the tent.One less head ache and i bought a killer 8 inch filter and fan thinking i was going to have to combat heat and i dont.Thanks to the quick thinking of some this thread may have saved either my wife or my life i am already beyond grateful.A freind of mine to whom ive given some clones turned me on to these lights.Ive personally seen and am still at times consuming it.I started a diary on here im going to put forth a supreme effort to make this work and even have a couple of ideas im going to try in the process.Please just wish me luck.Thanks.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They use 450 each light.Thats 1800 in a ten by ten.Im thrilled that the heat is outside the tent.One less head ache and i bought a killer 8 inch filter and fan thinking i was going to have to combat heat and i dont.Thanks to the quick thinking of some this thread may have saved either my wife or my life i am already beyond grateful.A freind of mine to whom ive given some clones turned me on to these lights.Ive personally seen and am still at times consuming it.I started a diary on here im going to put forth a supreme effort to make this work and even have a couple of ideas im going to try in the process.Please just wish me luck.Thanks.
You'll need the fan... not so much for heat but air exchange as plants in late veg through to late flower can suck up the co2 like a ......... ill leave the apology to you all.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
No apologies needed i never considered the mold and sure as hell was going to vent it in the attic....its huge i think...old house....ill be fine....lol.No shit thanks.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
No apologies needed i never considered the mold and sure as hell was going to vent it in the attic....its huge i think...old house....ill be fine....lol.No shit thanks.
There's the issue with mold but it's more about CO2 ppm.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
You'll need the fan... not so much for heat but air exchange as plants in late veg through to late flower can suck up the co2 like a ......... ill leave the apology to you all.
When it stops raining/snowing ill get up on the roof and install a vent/ hood with a one way valve and bird screen already in the the vent.I aligned the hole in the to the one im going to put in the roof...so only one bend.Once in veg i plan to use bottled co2.May actually be able to pull off closed loop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom