First Screen of Green Questions

• Thread starter Irie420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irie420

Irie420

So I've got all my plants back on track again. I've decided with these annoyingly low legal plant numbers a scrog is probably the the way to make the best use of my space. I put together a pvc frame and used mason line to weave my own screen with 2" spacing. The screen is fixed 6" above the soil. Sound a out right? I've got just a couple questions for the experienced Scroggers here. First up how full should I get this screen before I switch to flower? My plants are all from seed and are all indica dominant (2 chemdog, 2 crescendo, and a ak47 X ww cross). I have no firsthand knowledge of how much they'll stretch when I flip to flower. To top this off it's also my first LED grow (gavita 1700e) so as far as how the stretch phase will go I'm doubly clueless. If I had to guess, with the current rate of growth I think it's safe to say I could have this screen 100% full by the end of the month. Is that what I should be aiming for or would it be beneficial to get it say X% full and keep weaving them into the net throughout stretch? My other questions are hopefully alot easier to get answers to. All the guides I've checked out will refer to training the plant through the screen as weaving or tucking and will use the terms pretty much interchangeably. Am I looking too much into this? Am I aiming to "weave" the stems alternating between going over AND under the screen? Or is tuck, always just putting the plants growing tips under the next section of screen when they've grown enough to reach it? Does it even matter or am I reading too much into specific wording? Other than lacking a little clarity on these few things I think things are otherwise going pretty well. I recently took off mostly everything under the screen starting at the very bottom and working up. There's still a bit there as I didn't wanna go overboard defoliating and I only stopped when I filled a 5 gallon bucket completely. Anyway thanks for any input anyone can give me here

20210713 165646
20210712 175559
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I get my net about 75% full then flip tucking for the first week then letting em stretch up so u get decent colas👍Top pic is when I flipped Og kush bottom is nearly done also I put my net a little further up as it’s way easier to water and deal with run off ect.your plants look super healthy btw good job mate

1FE689FC 2FD6 4299 9F63 0047771BA762
22EA941B A11D 45B1 B259 DCF86F819EB2
Mugwort

Mugwort

So I've got all my plants back on track again. I've decided with these annoyingly low legal plant numbers a scrog is probably the the way to make the best use of my space. I put together a pvc frame and used mason line to weave my own screen with 2" spacing. The screen is fixed 6" above the soil. Sound a out right? I've got just a couple questions for the experienced Scroggers here. First up how full should I get this screen before I switch to flower? My plants are all from seed and are all indica dominant (2 chemdog, 2 crescendo, and a ak47 X ww cross). I have no firsthand knowledge of how much they'll stretch when I flip to flower. To top this off it's also my first LED grow (gavita 1700e) so as far as how the stretch phase will go I'm doubly clueless. If I had to guess, with the current rate of growth I think it's safe to say I could have this screen 100% full by the end of the month. Is that what I should be aiming for or would it be beneficial to get it say X% full and keep weaving them into the net throughout stretch? My other questions are hopefully alot easier to get answers to. All the guides I've checked out will refer to training the plant through the screen as weaving or tucking and will use the terms pretty much interchangeably. Am I looking too much into this? Am I aiming to "weave" the stems alternating between going over AND under the screen? Or is tuck, always just putting the plants growing tips under the next section of screen when they've grown enough to reach it? Does it even matter or am I reading too much into specific wording? Other than lacking a little clarity on these few things I think things are otherwise going pretty well. I recently took off mostly everything under the screen starting at the very bottom and working up. There's still a bit there as I didn't wanna go overboard defoliating and I only stopped when I filled a 5 gallon bucket completely. Anyway thanks for any input anyone can give me here
Nice looking setup that you said you made yourself? I’m on my fourth grow and first SCROG. I’m curious...your net seems so low relative to soil level. Have you done that owing to wanting to keep plants short?

Top Bottom