First ScrOG attempt.. How much am I f***ing up

• Thread starter DevonD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevonD

DevonD

I decided I’d test out the Screen of green method on a couple of plants. The plants had a rough early childhood but have now rebounded and I’m thinking this will be the best method for my setup.

I’m just wondering if I’m messing anything up or if anyone has any tips?

Here are the pics
First scrog attempt how much am i fing up
First scrog attempt how much am i fing up 2
First scrog attempt how much am i fing up 3

DevonD

DevonD

Strain is zookies

Light is a 600w (100w) marshydro LED 24” Away but I’m thinking of putting the 315 cmh in

DevonD

DevonD

Jiu jitsu do you mean topping or Fimming? Sorry new grower not too familiar with all the terms yet

FourthCity

FourthCity

The idea of the scrog is to get multiple branches on each plant spread out to where they are the same height and form an even canopy. Your plants don't have branches yet so its far to early for a screen (except maybe for those running dozens of single cola plants in rockwool and running multiple screens, or something like that). You need to get the plants bigger and "train" them to bush out some before the net will be useful. You can train plants any number of ways, tying or gently bending branches is a good place to start. Try to always make sure the center/main cola is not the tallest, this will help promote growth on the lower branches and give you more of that bushy shape.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The idea of the scrog is to get multiple branches on each plant spread out to where they are the same height and form an even canopy. Your plants don't have branches yet so its far to early for a screen (except maybe for those running dozens of single cola plants in rockwool and running multiple screens, or something like that). You need to get the plants bigger and "train" them to bush out some before the net will be useful. You can train plants any number of ways, tying or gently bending branches is a good place to start. Try to always make sure the center/main cola is not the tallest, this will help promote growth on the lower branches and give you more of that bushy shape.

Once you have the side branches coming up through the net, gently bend them down and train them horizontally as well. This causes any new shoots to grow towards the light. You can do this a number of times before you flip to flower cycle. The plants will stretch during flowering so plan accordingly and don't go too long in veg.

You "could" keep the net in place and work around it, but it would likely be much easier to remove it for now and gently tie down the main stems so the lower branches grow out just like a previous person stated.

Raisin8420

Raisin8420

I no expert and I haven't actually done a scrog yet lol so you can take this as just minimum experience speaking... but iv been training lots out to do one next run.... heres what one looks like at the minute...these were topped first then cropped over (which is a bit more than gently bent but same idea)....when bending if you roll the stalk between your fingers a lil bit then gently bend it over, and tie it down, then let her veg out a bit more the lowers will shoot up, then you can maximize tops and spread in the net by tucking them under across the net as you grow.
The left most branch is the lowest,and is now as tall as the tops on the right. Hope this helps. Good luck with the grow!
20200113 215043

20200113 220232

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

This the funniest attemp of scrog i have ever seen.. hahahaha😅😅😅
Dude... hahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Dude not but for real, you need grow her out some more, top her and then start training them under a screen

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Im sorry for laughing but dude... hahahahahahaha that shit funny man! 😅 😅 😅
This how my scrog lookin right now, I vegged and trained her 7 weeks before even putting the screen in. Topped only once then LST once and let all branches reach up and then put screen in. Check my journal if you want details.
20200115 173448

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

This the funniest attemp of scrog i have ever seen.. hahahaha😅😅😅
Dude... hahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Dude not but for real, you need grow her out some more, top her and then start training them under a screen

You do need to grow them out more, but you don't have to top them to use the scrog method. Many people do, but probably just as many don't. Some strains respond well to topping. Other strains don't do as well when topped...

DevonD

DevonD

Such a common thread with growers is to shit on someone else and then show how cool theirs is.. like I said I’m a new grower no experience whatsoever so I appreciate ADVICE. Thanks guys

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Such a common thread with growers is to shit on someone else and then show how cool theirs is.. like I said I’m a new grower no experience whatsoever so I appreciate ADVICE. Thanks guys
Relax dude, shits funny af! I genuinly laughed out loud! Im not a shrink im not here to cuddle with your feelings, if I think its funny then shit man Im gonna laugh and tell you. Now remove that screen for a while and let them veg a week or two more

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

This is what I do just a idea I let them get 5 to 6 nodes high then top and then let my two main tops get a couple nodes then I tie them down and start train like this cheese then from there I will eventually train this under a net like these

20200115 110401
20200115 110413
20200115 110437
20200104 103624
20200112 131440
20200115 110625
DevonD

DevonD

So last night I raised the screen I’m probably just gonna cut it and I fimmed both. Gave them a bunch of water and they seem to have responded well. What do you guys think about using the 315 CMH do you think it’s too much too soon? I have a couple more seedlings in there but I can put them to the side if need be

02trueblue

02trueblue

Man get 'em under that CMH, they'll love it! That's what I use to veg. The seedlings are OK under the CMH too, just keep them to the side for the first week or two.

I cut, top, fim.... but mosty LST. Just keep bending/pulling the branches outward so she get nice and bushy. You'll see when the net will become useful.... once you don't want any more vertical growth it's time for the net. Having those horizontal branches will make more tops sprout from them.

Top Bottom