First sign of flowers?

• Thread starter Ninja2005
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ninja2005

Ninja2005

What do you think guys? First sign of buds?
Approx 9 weeks now since seed

First sign of flowers
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

AK.........if ya dont know then dont give out wrong information........
not even, your plant is still throwing parallel nodes, your just starting flower if anything. Plants start to zig and zig at the top during stretch which is the start of flower. Are your plants inside? are they now on 12-12 or are they autos?

AKgrow

AKgrow

My bad. I was just saying that it's the first sign of flowers. Just like OP asked. And just like you said "just starting to flower if anything". Take it from here

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

no worries, i have just had really happy plants in veg look like that, pre flowers and everything

tobh

tobh

Supporter
not even, your plant is still throwing parallel nodes, your just starting flower if anything. Plants start to zig and zig at the top during stretch which is the start of flower. Are your plants inside? are they now on 12-12 or are they autos?
parallel nodes vs alternating nodes has nothing to do with flowering. all they indicate is plant maturity, and one can typically expect to see the transition around 60 days from seed sprout. All the OP is seeing is preflowers, which depending on light cycle (wasn't disclosed) or variety (also wasn't disclosed) could or could not be indicative of bud onset. Before you call someone out for giving wrong information, make sure you're not doing just that.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

good call tobh in for the win! is there somewhere i can find out more? I have noticed a clearly different structure on plants going into flower esp. seed plants. but also have had plants lose their parallel noding in veg....Flower structure from a seed plant seems to zig and zag while almost spiraling. Prolly are a ton of different variables that play into this; genetic, age, seed or clone, environment, stress

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
unless it is an auto, you will not see flower till you flip it. time from seed doesnt really matter so much. it needs a dark cycle of at least 12 hours for a few days or a week or so then it will flower. the pre flower is showing its gender

what you see, most commonly called pre-flower, happens with age. usually around 5 - 8 weeks, but varies greatly.

Fro5ty

Fro5ty

I have been having these when my clones started having some growth to them. As long as the light schedule is 16/8, you should be fine and the real buds should come after you flip them too 12/12.

I was panicking too a couple of weeks ago 😆

growsince79

growsince79

But how is this possible lol

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

But how is this possible lol
View attachment 1190607
what are the conditions of this plant? is it seed, auto?
the top where it starts to spiral is when it was flipped into flower, i bet all the parallel nodes are thrown while the plant was in veg.
the suckers at the top are starting to spiral, after the 6th set they work around the bud. i bet when that cola is dry and you take the lil buds off the main stem that its spiraling and ziggy and zaggy. A small or large plant cannot change its noding after they have been thrown, so seeing parallel nodes on the bottom is standard esp on seeds. in larger plants it is much more obvious because the spiraling is more present than just on the tops.

hmmmmm, so it seems that there are just too many variables that effect the noding to be able to tell flower as a general rule of thumb. but with knowledge of genetics you can accurately decipher signs of flower from the noding?

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

your right, what are the conditions of this plant? is it seed, auto?
the suckers at the top are starting to spiral, after the 6th set they work around the bud. i bet when that cola is dry and you take the lil buds off the main stem that its spiraling and ziggy and zaggy. A small or large plant cannot change its noding, so seeing parallel nodes on the bottom is standard, but in larger plants the look is much more obvious because its more present than just on the tops.

hmmmmm, so it seems that there are just too many variables that effect the noding to be able to tell flower as a general rule of thumb. but with knowledge of genetics you can accurately decipher signs of flower from the noding?
They start alternating when they are mature enough. Some strains start alternate at 4 weeks and some might not start for 4 months. Flipping early forces some strains to grow up fast. Others might not make a pistil for 3 months.

Last edited:
Top Bottom