First soil grow continued ATF Feminized

• Thread starter Rudolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rudolf

Rudolf

Hello all. I am starting this grow diary as recommended to me in my first thread: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/introduction-first-time-growing.138210/

I am about a month in from seed pop. The feminized Alaskan TF is still alive. I have started other seedlings and have upgraded my lights to a SF4000, taking out the Chinese lights. After I bought the SF light I tested it, and the numbers were more than double my "cheap" lights. Sad.

I intended to use the SE7000 but it is too big for my 4x4, and the tent was heating up like a hot potato. I measured current light as: 31000 lux, 36.5 DLI, 561 PPFD. The light is currently about 45in away from top of plant. The LED is currently totally dimmed. I think I should probably up it. I thought earlier the plant was getting too much light, hence the caution.

I'm going to be honest. Looking at some of these other threads where people complain about slow growth, and their plants are 5x the size of mine a month in, it is pretty disheartening. But on a positive note, I thought my plant was going to die a week ago and it's still alive.

I think I'll go brighten the light till DLI is above 40.
Current soil is Fox Farm happy frog, mixed with some perlite and worm castings. I added mycorrhizal fungi. I have been using SUPERthrive in the water as well as some calmag.
I have been extremely light on the fertilization, but have tried fish fertilizer, fox farms super bloom, and Advanced nutrients B52 separately and not consecutively.

Mostly I am just watering with superthrive water. My (de-chlorinated with Camden tablets) water pH is 6, and I know that's a bit low for soil, but I did read that cannabis likes acidic, and that worm castings acts as a buffer... I also have been seeing some damn gnats. Only a few, but I have a sticky up. I also put some of the mosquito bits on top. I read the other day that I can add perlite to the top, so I might do that. Anyway, at this growth rate it shall be a long but hopefully fruitful journey ahead.

First soil grow continued atf feminized
First soil grow continued atf feminized 2
Rudolf

Rudolf

Not sure why the plant does this at night but goes back down during the day.

B

Budzyz

To start off with you have to address the first issue and that is your soil. Something is wrong here. Looks like overwatering to me. However, nitrogen toxicity mimics these symptoms sometimes as does UNDERWATERING . Here's my fail proof method for starting plants. I use straight happy frog and water for 8 weeks period. Nothing else. Start plants in small cups . Transplant to medium pots when you see roots in the holes in bottom. Again straight happy frog. Then into final pots (5gal) two weeks before flip. I use general hydroponics FloraGrow, FloraMicro, CalMag and FloraBloom. Follow chart on back. I get perfect results with this soil and these nutes every time. You get yellow leaves toward the end of flower but no problem. The grow strong. Flush two weeks prior to harvest. Always flower at least a week longer than the seed company says it takes to flower. Usually two ...
7344F857 14D9 4B4C BBFC D59C96C9AF13
ILGM gold leaf . Week 8 of flower . 10 days to go
4B535399 6189 47DF AAF1 65658DF939CD
ilgm white widow. 8 weeks into flower 18 days to go...
778AA377 77D3 436C 8FBF A0E597FFB6F7
white widow babies
C5B93175 7DA3 4A96 B1E2 0D202BC2A855
what's left in the flower tent. 5 of 15 plants have been chopped. GL and WW still budding

292B55C0 1D57 4E25 ACF2 F3531D24B944
5562D912 A9BB 41D8 8BCF F39D5CDEA31F
Rudolf

Rudolf

074CCE2A AF9B 4091 BECA 07D8F2E696DA

Not having luck with germination either. I find the white leaves odd.

I just raised the lights. I have no other explanation for the bleaching.

Last edited:
B

Budzyz

Get a cool fluorescent grow light that you can put close to the plants. Next get some Ocean Forest potting soil. It's specifically made for cannabis seedlings. Trust me it's worth the price. Water only for at least first 4 weeks. No hot lights too close you'll burn them . You don't want the stems to stretch out so use a cool light you can put right above the tops. You'll succeed

Rudolf

Rudolf

I have some ocean forest. I already blew over 1k on LEDs from spider farm and I find it hilarious my plants aren’t behaving any differently.
At least the seedlings aren’t stretching now.
They’re just dying immediately, so I suppose that’s an improvement.
If I had known I was going to go through 30 seeds and only have one plant living I never would have started this project.

Rudolf

Rudolf

Raised light, and leaves no longer lower when lights are on. I found out the switch on the controller is actually off and that it wasn’t dimmed at all so of course I was frying my plants.

Rudolf

Rudolf

I threw out the coco-loco soil outside. Later tonight I will dump this pot. Basically giving up at this point. I have about 10 seeds left, and after that I'm selling everything.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

So, you didn’t take anyone’s advice on overwatering.

Then you drown your plant and seedlings.

Then you quit and sell everything.

Gotcha.

Top Bottom