First ti me grower indoor, Big Bud. Cheap lights. Home made soil.

• Thread starter crazychris48
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crazychris48

crazychris48

Just started this girl hopefully, cheap light. What do I need to do? Home made compost soil. I want to put 3 in a closet. Big bud, got free.

First  ti me grower indoor big bud cheap lights home made soil
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I will tell you from experience.Yuo will grow weed. You will get some bud. That cheapo 50w light will not give you a great or even mediocre yeild. It is not powerful enough to grow three plants.
look like you are off to a positive start though.

Billymgb

Billymgb

I don't remember where I read this, it may have been on this site, but somebody grew some nice bud and got good yield on the cheap. He used like 5 or 6 led bulbs that shine straight down reg screw in type and he said he got them at a dollar store. Anyways google growing weed on the cheap I am sure you will find it. Good luck and keep us updated.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I don't remember where I read this, it may have been on this site, but somebody grew some nice bud and got good yield on the cheap. He used like 5 or 6 led bulbs that shine straight down reg screw in type and he said he got them at a dollar store. Anyways google growing weed on the cheap I am sure you will find it. Good luck and keep us updated.
That pretty much described my first ever grows. CFL lightbulbs on a 2 way splitter connected to a plug in shop light from Home Depot. It actually produced almost an ounce on a plant. I had 3 sockets, so 6 light bulbs total and I kept them about 8" from the tops of the plants.

I was just telling someone else, getting experience growing the plant is good. The more you do it, the more you have seen, will understand and know the requirements of time and patience. As you get more and more into it, your equipment quality will catch up with your appetite to grow. I encourage people to go for it.

For the flowering phase, you will need to find a place of absolute darkness. No light under the door, from the crack in the corner, a bright touch screen.... nothing. That means an enclosed area, which will have stagnant air if you don't have a fan moving it around inside. That is critical to avoid mold and heartbreak. Something that can measure your temps and humidity will be helpful because you really want to be able to control your environment. Environment, lighting and genetics are the 3 keys to a good harvest.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Honestly there is no way that you will be able to successfully finish 3 plants under that one light. It is too small and does not put out anywhere near enough light. However there are some tricks which will help you maximize your harvest with such a small cheap light. I have actually harvested descent quality under those cheap Bluple lights but it will be low yield. If I were you I would only run 1 plant and save the other beans for future grows. Trying to do all 3 will for sure be a waste of your seeds. You need to top that plant as soon as its big enough. After the first top let it go a little while so it can recover and then top it one more time. This will give you a total of 4 main colas. As soon as the plant starts pushing new growth after the second toping then flip your light to 12/12 immediately. Your plant needs to be small when you flip to 12/12 light cycle because remember that it's going to stretch and keep growing for a while. With such a low output light the target height for your finished plant should be around 20" in height. Anything bigger will be a waste of time and energy. In order to have a finished plant that is 20" tall this mans you will need to flip it when its only around 8" to 10" high. It will feel very odd switching to flower when so small but trust me your quality will be way better this way. The goal is to grow flowers NOT leaves. That LED has a very small flowering light footprint and the goal is to grow a plant small enough so that the entire top of the plant can fit inside that small footprint of light. Once your plant starts to develop white hairs all over then you need to lollipop it to maximize bud growth up at the tops. Strip off all of the leaves starting at the bottom and work your way up. Only leave maybe around 8" of growth at the top of each cola. There is no need to leave any of the lower growth on the plant because that cheap LED has poor light penetration. This means your LED is not strong enough to push the light all the way down through the canopy. Since this is the case you can strip the lower stuff. With an LED like yours you will have to focus all of your efforts on just the top buds only. Once you get closer to end of flowering you can drop the LED really low and put it as close to your canopy as possible without burning/curling. This will help maximize your trichome production on those top nugs. If you fuck it up don't be discouraged it took me quite a few years and many mistakes until I started understanding how it works. Best of luck on your grow!

m8ty

m8ty

I don't see how those plants are going to make it when the light is that close to the tiny plants, I suspect they are already dead from too much light. And technically they are already over water because of that big bucket and a tiny plant.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Dont give false dude. You just said the other person 5 or 6 screw in lights, at a low average of 30w a bulb the other dude still had 3 times the watt output. Though new Boogie has the best advice here.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
First time grow, Homemade soil, Cheap light.... To be honest, to me it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, you would have a much better 1st grow experience if you waited until you can afford a slightly better setup

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I ordered a hydro mars 600. The 2 other plants will stay outside as long as the temps remain over 55. I will put all 3 under the new light when it arrives.
Mars Hydro is going to have a Black Friday sale, maybe consider cancelling the order if possible and then reorder on the 27th

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Sounds like you'll be able to grow 3-4 plants.

Even when conditions aren't optimum, it's always better to grow a few spindly plants than grow nothing at all, if you live in Illegal Land. A few grams doesn't sound like much, but how many grams would there be if you don't grow? And practice is always good.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I ordered a hydro mars 600. The 2 other plants will stay outside as long as the temps remain over 55. I will put all 3 under the new light when it arrives.
Don't put those baby plants outside while waiting for your light. We are in November right now and they will start to flower almost immediately. The plants will likely already have transitioned into flower by the time your lights arrive in the mail. That will for sure screw up your grow you will have to start re-vegging and it will stun it. Keep those plants clustered tight under your cheap light at 18 hours until your new light arrives.

crazychris48

crazychris48

Don't put those baby plants outside while waiting for your light. We are in November right now and they will start to flower almost immediately. The plants will likely already have transitioned into flower by the time your lights arrive in the mail. That will for sure screw up your grow you will have to start re-vegging and it will stun it. Keep those plants clustered tight under your cheap light at 18 hours until your new light arrives.
I moved them inside.

crazychris48

crazychris48

Don't know why that green is showing up, can't see anything growing with the nekkid eye.

IMG 20201111 233207958
crazychris48

crazychris48

What about aluminum foil and led christmas lights on the sides?

Top Bottom