First ti me grower indoor, Big Bud. Cheap lights. Home made soil.

• Thread starter crazychris48
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hands On

Hands On

This is not my photo

20leds

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

What about aluminum foil and led christmas lights on the sides?
Christmas lights would be a waste. No real usable light output. Aluminum foil is a good idea you can definitely bump up your lumens by reflecting and bouncing back some of that lost light. Since your plants are still very small your best bet would be to find a Medium to Large cardboard box. Cut the top and bottom flaps off so the box is open on two sides. Then you can use double sided tape or 3m spray can glue to attach the shiny foil on the inside of the box. Once the entire inside of the box has been foil covered then you put your plants down in it and drop your light inside. Don't put the light right on top of your plants its not necessary. Lift it up higher so that the spread of the light can bounce back off the sides of the aluminum foil. Having the light trapped in on all 4 sides is best. Just like a mini grow tent it will help boost your light intensity and it should be plenty enough to keep those little ones vegging until you get your new light. Good luck.

crazychris48

crazychris48

I used half of a cardboard box, put aluminum foil on the top foot, 2 mirrors on the other sides. I got the salesperson at mars to reduce the price to $72, it was over 96 through Amazon. I don't have the patience to wait until black Friday, so I went ahead and ordered it today. It may be cheaper at that time, but not enough to make me wait 2 weeks! Btw, I have grown outdoors a few times and the soil I have has held up decent with cheap miracle gro liquid fertilizer. The soil does have earth worms in it. I will be looking for different fertilizer in the next few weeks. Maybe soil also whenever I get ready to start the white widows...This is basically a test run on the free seeds I got with the white widows.

Pot4
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I used half of a cardboard box, put aluminum foil on the top foot, 2 mirrors on the other sides. I got the salesperson at mars to reduce the price to $72, it was over 96 through Amazon. I don't have the patience to wait until black Friday, so I went ahead and ordered it today. It may be cheaper at that time, but not enough to make me wait 2 weeks! Btw, I have grown outdoors a few times and the soil I have has held up decent with cheap miracle gro liquid fertilizer. The soil does have earth worms in it. I will be looking for different fertilizer in the next few weeks. Maybe soil also whenever I get ready to start the white widows...This is basically a test run on the free seeds I got with the white widows.
There you go man good job! Thats perfect a super simple box trick obviously its not rocket science its simple and easy. That will work good for you and it will help keep those baby sprouts going in veg. Once you get your new light you can do the same thing with a bigger box as the plants get larger. You want to make sure that you flip those plants to 12/12 at a pretty small size that way they don't get too big for your new Mars light. Indoor is a whole different animal than outdoor. Bigger is not always better when growing indoor I have learned this from personal experience over the years. You want to make sure your plants stay small enough so that the entire canopy top can fit inside your flowering footprint. Your new Mars light should have roughly a 2ftx2ft flowering footprint so this being said all 3 of those plants need to fit inside that 2x2 space. Flip those little guys when they are only around a foot high don't let them get bigger or the stretch will push their size outside of your 2x2 target. Hope this helps! Remember you can always top them also in order to limit the vertical height. Good luck!

crazychris48

crazychris48

I also ordered a timer, what should I do with the other light? How should I mount or hang it? Should I put aluminum foil on the bottom?

NeverMrs

NeverMrs

I don't remember where I read this, it may have been on this site, but somebody grew some nice bud and got good yield on the cheap. He used like 5 or 6 led bulbs that shine straight down reg screw in type and he said he got them at a dollar store. Anyways google growing weed on the cheap I am sure you will find it. Good luck and keep us updated.

Totally works... I used 3 on some small month old cuts and they grew just fine. That tiny little guy is going to take a looonng time to fill that pot. Best root development occurs in properly sized pots. Should have gone with a solo cup first, and transplanted up. Not a huge issue, just be careful not to over or under water. Too much and the roots drown, too little and the top of the pot will be dry too far past where the roots have gotten... And they look similar in both situations...

crazychris48

crazychris48

Update...I had some old marine gauges I picked up cheap at a garage sale a few years ago, temperature, humidity and barometric pressure. Seem to be pretty accurate. I also have a fan blowing on them. The 2 in the cups are mystery bag seed and will be culled soon, was just testing soil, fertilizer mix on them as guinea pigs. If I germ another it will be white widow.

Pot5
Top Bottom