First Time 4XXL Under Current Grow - Banana OG

• Thread starter skankymonkey23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

skankymonkey23

Anyone have any thoughts on dizzle's comment about not changing the res weekly? Don't nutes and adds start to loose their power?

G

Green Escape

if you're gonna do that you'll wanna top off with 100% mixed nute water with everything in it. i've been rocking 2 weeks between res changes as long as the nutes and additives are still the same if it calls for something new in the mix i change the res. i ran into the same problem wondering how to change the res completely because of the left over. if im changing up additives or nutes for the week i flush water through it while im draining then i actually bump my ppms and nutes up a little bit in my mixing tank because that left over fresh water in the bottom will drop your dilute your mix a bit depending on how much is left in there.

S

skankymonkey23

Just finished my first week of flowering and the ladies look really health. I decided on a nute mix, but may have too many additives. Let me know what you guys think.
Magic Cal - 150 PPM's - Weeks 1 - 8
Zone - 2 tsp / 5 G - Weeks 1 - 9
Liquid Karma - 1 tsp - 4 tsp / G - Weeks 1 - 9
Sugar Daddy - 1 tsp - 3 tsp / G - Weeks 1 - 10
Budswel - 1 TBSP - 2 TBSP / G - Weeks 3 - 9
Hygrozym - 5 ml/6 - Weeks 1 - 9 (Should I go the full 10 weeks with this?)
Super Thrive - 3/4 TBSP / 20 G - Weeks 1 - 9
Big Bud - 2 tsp / G - Weeks 2 - 6
OverDrive - 2 tsp / G - Weeks 7 - 9
Roots Accelerator - 1.1 mL /G - every other week alternating w/ roots bloom
Roots Bloom - 1 tsp /G - every other week alternating w/ roots Accelerator
Sea Fuel Bloom - 1 tsp / G - Weeks 1 - 7
Seaweed Bloom - 1 tsp / G - Weeks 8 and 9
Phat Bloom - 1 tsp - 4 tsp / G - Weeks 2 - 5
Ooze Bloom - 2 tsp / G - Weeks 5 - 8
Final Bloom - 1 tsp / G - Weeks 9 and 10
Purple Maxx - 1 tsp / G - Weeks 9 and 10
Final Phase - 2 tsp / G - Week 10

Foliar w/ - Penetrator and Zone to rid powdery mildew

I would like to use Piranha and Cannazym but I already raise my PPM past 400 with out those. What do you guys think?

Pictures to come soon!

S

skankymonkey23

My nutrients are Sensi Bloom A and B (Advanced Nutrients). I am going to switch to Canna when I run out of Sensi. Any suggestions on the type of Canna?

M

mrdizzle

I gotta say my brother that is a pretty serious line up. you only gotta ask yourself "why am I adding this, what is it going to do for my plant" I have tried a lot of different products, and a lot of them dont do a thing.

as for the non-res change, I havent changed my one res in over a month, plants look amazing. I just top it off full stregth. my new room has been 3 wks without one I will be posting pics tonight of their progress.

looking forward to your pics

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

P-90-X....nutrient confusion?

In my past experiences with the UC....the more different things I used added up to a higher likelyhood of problems.

Honestly SM23, that list of nutrients looks crazy....good stuff for the stores and nutrient companies bottom line though.

Question? Have you asked the guys at CC what they would recommend for use in the system?

IMO, switch to Canna Aqua and follow thier schedule to a T....if it doesn't work out at least you can blame the nutes. ;) Keep it simple.

B

billybadazz

Anyone have any thoughts on dizzle's comment about not changing the res weekly? Don't nutes and adds start to loose their power?

I have grown the whole 8 week cycle without changing my res on my 45 gallon res in an aeroflo 60 and got good results(I had a limited supply of money and nutes so it forced me to) I am not saying do that but unless your plants show signs or your res shows sign then there's no reason to change it in my book.I used GH micro and bloom in the lucas formula just formulating addbacks. IMO you are spending a shitload on nutes and supplements. I am about to get an UC 6xxl myself and I am pretty sure for the first run or 2 I will spend a total of probably $30 for the nutes. Not knocking any thing your doing bro looks good but I try the K.I.S.S. method and thats a lot of measuring to do over and over.....my res takes 5 min a day to care for but then again I am a lazy mofo and try to simplify everything to it's easiest form.....true stoner!

S

skankymonkey23

I either bought these nutes for a previous batch or got some free samples. I only bought roots excel and super thrive cause I heard some good things about them. Here is a nice pic of my roots for you all

Roots
S

skankymonkey23

I'm having random thoughts right now. has anyone ever tried connecting a drip system to their undercurrent system? Or even adding aeroponics to the mix? 3 systems in one... does this make sense to do in the future or am I just gettin crazy

M

mrdizzle

they used to come with a top feed, now they dont for some reason

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

DankyMonkey23 looking good

I had one of the systems with drippers back in the day which worked pretty well.

As I understand it observations were made at CC that showed that by just having the grower increase the solution level/depth during early rooting that this encourages an inverted afro (dense rooting) vs. the drippers which promoted fewer "rope" style roots which tended towards being less vigorous.

I did get some insider info that an aero style add on is in the works for UC's in late 2010.....also heard something about custom molded UC modules to be released ?????

SM23 try to get the heat from that chiller directed away from the plants/modules if at all possible. Looking forward to seeing more pics, and remember most folks do better with this system with fewer inputs, peace.

G

Green Goblin

I like your thinking, but after reading, it kinda seems like you might be trying to do a little much with the nutes. Keep it simple and expand from there is what I always learned. Atleast if start with less nutes and add what you feel is necessary you have a better chance of noticing what each does. When you start adding everything trying to cover all your bases i feel like thats when error comes up. Good luck and keep on keepin on... One Love

Boylobster

Boylobster

While I'm only on my first run with the UC, I've been groin' for a little bit, and I have to agree that your supplement regimen is probably excessive. It seems that many of the cats who blow the UC up real, real, *real* big tend to advocate sticking with a base line of nutes, and just a few additives - a P/K booster and a "bloom enhacer" for example. Tex Kid's UC grow was powered by the H&G line only, and there aren't a lot of supplements in it.

As for res changes, I'm going to finish this run with only one change out, after week four, and I'm pretty happy with the results thus far:
IMG_2197.JPG

I'm running straight RO also, just fyi.

SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
... I'm pretty happy with the results thus far:
IMG_2197.JPG

Hell yeah...I'd be pretty happy with that myself!! :nod

skankymonkey23,

Looking good so far! It's about about to blow up for ya I'm sure!

Grow Safe

SDC

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
you might want to keep your air pump up higher or outa the way or else it will be picking up co2 and pumping it into your system along with the o2. co2 sinks so maybe if you get it up higher cuz you said you cant put it out of the shed.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

How are these units with running different strains together???

Very nice grow brother!

Top Bottom