First time auto grow questions

• Thread starter curious618
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
curious618

curious618

Preparing for my first attempt at an auto grow. My plan is to run 4 total. 2x Original AK, 1x Pineapple Express, 1x G14. Will be using Happy Frog and the FF Trio. I plan on just letting them grow naturally with no training the first time around so I can get a good understanding of the process. So I just have a few questions for the experts:

1. Does my plan sound doable for a newbie or is it going to be a little much for me?
2. I plan on using a QB 220W, will it be enough for all 4?
3. I have only germinated one wet paper towel before. NASC recommends the solo cup method with water. Do y’all think paper towel will still work or should I follow the guidelines from the bank?
4. I mostly see autos in fabric pots, will regular plastic pots be ok? Or do they need the added oxygen and airflow due to short life?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Grow 1 strain at a time this will save you trouble, do not transplant while possible not recommended bc it shocks them, autos have very weak root systems so avoid trouble before it starts, sow your seed 1 halfinc deep in the pot u intend to do your whole grow in for any of those strains a 3 gal should do fine, you will need bloom nutrients i recommend Atami Bloombastic 1 and 1 half ml per US gal and dont pour straight from jug just a small splash in a 16oz cup of water stir and feed, be careful or you will burn them, make shure you have good drainage and add pearlite for airation and nitro, once your seedling pops move it back and forth a few times a day this will make your mainstem harden faster, been growing outdoors 40 years and autos under lights for 10 years june, if you need advice just ask but try and keep things as simple as possible. Put your seed in a warm cup of water till it sinks, put on a paper towl mist the seeds and put another paper towl damp not soaked over the bean, put in a warm dark spot mist the beans as needed dont let them dry out, good auto beans will germanate in 24 hours or less you dont want a long taproot bc it may break you just want the bean to open and see the white taproot, seed should pop within 48 hours, the whole drill is a 72 hour prosses, leaves on pic 3 are not yellow there lime green it's my flash. Remember autos are different animals than photoperid plants and are not run the same, they can be fussy and if problems arise you have to fix quickly, run your cycle 18 on 6 off, i taught a friend to grow autoflowers with my phone, it took him a year to figure them out, remember autos are notoriously easy to burn and need less than half the nutrients of photoperid plants.and dont get discouraged allot of people on this site run autos. ED

20210207 102916
20201125 170745
20210203 161849
growsince79

growsince79

Grow 1 strain at a time this will save you trouble, do not transplant while possible not recommended bc it shocks them, autos have very weak root systems so avoid trouble before it starts, sow your seed 1 halfinc deep in the pot u intend to do your whole grow in for any of those strains a 3 gal should do fine, you will need bloom nutrients i recommend Atami Bloombastic 1 and 1 half ml per US gal and dont pour straight from jug just a small splash in a 16oz cup of water stir and feed, be careful or you will burn them, make shure you have good drainage and add pearlite for airation and nitro, once your seedling pops move it back and forth a few times a day this will make your mainstem harden faster, been growing outdoors 40 years and autos under lights for 10 years june, if you need advice just ask but try and keep things as simple as possible. Put your seed in a warm cup of water till it sinks, put on a paper towl mist the seeds and put another paper towl damp not soaked over the bean, put in a warm dark spot mist the beans as needed dont let them dry out, good auto beans will germanate in 24 hours or less you dont want a long taproot bc it may break you just want the bean to open and see the white taproot, seed should pop within 48 hours, the whole drill is a 72 hour prosses, leaves on pic 3 are not yellow there lime green it's my flash. Remember autos are different animals than photoperid plants and are not run the same, they can be fussy and if problems arise you have to fix quickly, run your cycle 18 on 6 off, i taught a friend to grow autoflowers with my phone, it took him a year to figure them out, remember autos are notoriously easy to burn and need less than half the nutrients of photoperid plants.and dont get discouraged allot of people on this site run autos. ED
Just wondering how a plant can get shocked by transplanting properly without disturbing the roots? If done correctly, how do they even know you moved them?

Top Bottom