First Time Bho Question

• Thread starter Dachem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dachem

Dachem

my first time making bho I read alot and decided on making my own extractor I used 2"*4' stainless steel open blaster made myself I packed with fresh bud no trim then covered both end and put in the freezer with the butane overnight next morning I took it out and put it in a dry ice/91% isopropyl alcohol bath for 30min then took it out uncovered both ends took the butane out of the freezer and shot the butane into the extractor. I purged in hot water around 130-200 degrees Fahrenheit untill no bubbles appeared then foranother 10min. Idk how the quality is and or how it's supposed to look as I made it for someone else can anyone tell me if this process sounds good and if this bho looks like high quality the smell of it is super strong smells just like fresh bud. There is no green color to it either. This is the finished product.

First time bho question
Graywolf

Graywolf

my first time making bho I read alot and decided on making my own extractor I used 2"*4' stainless steel open blaster made myself I packed with fresh bud no trim then covered both end and put in the freezer with the butane overnight next morning I took it out and put it in a dry ice/91% isopropyl alcohol bath for 30min then took it out uncovered both ends took the butane out of the freezer and shot the butane into the extractor. I purged in hot water around 130-200 degrees Fahrenheit untill no bubbles appeared then foranother 10min. Idk how the quality is and or how it's supposed to look as I made it for someone else can anyone tell me if this process sounds good and if this bho looks like high quality the smell of it is super strong smells just like fresh bud. There is no green color to it either. This is the finished product.
I suggest going to a 1" X 36" tube for open blasting. The butane will find the easiest way through, which is down the center, so large columns have inefficient removal in the outer edges. Too long and you have to over wash the stuff at the top of the column, to adequately wash the stuff at the bottom.

You will still have butane residuals at that stage. A good next step would be a vacuum chamber or oven to finish the purge.

The white color in your extract is ostensibly from water, that most likely got into your extract from ice forming along the evaporation line of your pie plate. Suggest using a deeper dish so the LPG floats the humidity laden atmosphere above the freeze line.

Dachem

Dachem

Thanks alot, is the white color your referencing is that the light refelction I thought I used a pretty deep dish it was a inside to a slow cooker 6-7in deep

Dachem

Dachem

This was a new run with 3 1.25*24 tubes strain was incredible bulk and original cheese it's definitely a darker color the first one was incredible bulk and hellfire og
IMG 20171006 211604066

Dachem

Dachem

Just did another batch and definitely see the sheen you were talking about but trial and error now I've never winterized before so kinda scared but this new one has alot of wax that could be taken out so it would be super clear any tips for a first time winterization would be great
IMG 20171031 232713730

Dachem

Dachem

Is this cloudy cuz if waxes or autobuttering i have not winterized it

Dachem

Dachem

I didn't freeze or use dry ice this time that's probably why there's more wax Thank you

Leew421

Leew421

It gets creamy cause the butane stayed in too long. You have to evacuate as quick as possible. It's pretty much dewaxing itself into the oil

20171020 161030
Dachem

Dachem

Are you saying butane was in the tube too long or mabe I used too much tane ie over washed

Leew421

Leew421

When you blast down into whatever, the butane is staying too long in that. The soup if you will. Should take minutes

Dachem

Dachem

I guess I don't understand why that would change anything just because butane in it longer it can't change the wax content I'm a chemistry minor so I have some knowledge but every day learn something new you said it's putting wax back into the solution but from what I know the butane is holding everything in a homogeneous solution so if the butane in it longer I don't understand how that can change something

Leew421

Leew421

I have found when I open blast and let my soup sit, the butane will start to dewax and cause a cream and water buildup. When I blast on a warm surface like plugin griddle hot but not burning I get success and no water or cream. Not allowing the fridged butane to sit and develope ice and dewax has been key. I freeze my butane so it's really cold.

Leew421

Leew421

My tech: I normally blast a half to a pound on runs. I get my material super dry. I run my dehumidifier in my dry tent for a couple hours down to 28% so it's nice and powdery. I crush it all to a shake. I sift all the bullshit out prior. I actually reuse butane cans to run with. I can get about 128 grams packed into a 300ml can. I freeze the can and the butane. I setup my griddle hot to touch. I create a parchment tray. 2-3 cans butane most the time 2.5 cans to run per load. I keep the soup thin so it purges faster. After I get slower movements and larger bubbles I'll move it to my makeshift oven. I have a pot with acrylic lid and digital heat mat under it. Thing gets so hot it can boil water. I will pull a vac and let that go for about 30 min. I'll pull it out and by that time I should be able to touch the oil and it won't stick to me. I'll transfer all that to a round parchment for my pot. I'll roll that out and vac that for 3-4 days. It all depends on amount. Every now and then I'll flip the slab or roll it out thinner. I get really nice break and clean hits. I have been running nonstop for 6 years so my experience is my teacher. I want to know more on a scientific level. I did shit loads of research when I first started before I ever touched a can of butane

20131111 162630
20131111 171248
Dachem

Dachem

I like the idea about reusing the butane cans you get a good was seams kinda thick the first tube I did was 2*36 but since do multiples of 1.25*24 seams to work great

Top Bottom