First Time Cloner

• Thread starter bibiking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bibiking

Hi guys, I try to clone my Northern Light.
it grows real slow (it's 1 month old), but the roots looks fine.
I give it until now only 200 PPM with 6.5 PH. (GHE nutes).

am I doing OK?
what do I need to take care of next?

First time cloner
First time cloner 2
B

bibiking

Why are you in two pots? Are you running DWC?

Not DWC (or atleast not yes). I just like to see my roots, and I also like the option the "transfer" it to a bigger pot without strassing it (I just "plant" my old pot into new bigger air-pot, and the roots continue to grow).

am I wrong with my system?

chemistry

chemistry

I like to take the old pot off and plant up to a bigger pot, leaving the old smaller pot on just leaves less space for new roots to expand, and a high risk of becoming root bound.

B

bibiking

I like to take the old pot off and plant up to a bigger pot, leaving the old smaller pot on just leaves less space for new roots to expand, and a high risk of becoming root bound.

how often do you plant it up? do you think I should take it out now in order to plant it in a bigger pot? does it worth the stress?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Not DWC (or atleast not yes). I just like to see my roots, and I also like the option the "transfer" it to a bigger pot without strassing it (I just "plant" my old pot into new bigger air-pot, and the roots continue to grow).

am I wrong with my system?

If i get this correct, you have a net pot inside a bigger pot filled with coco and the roots inside the net pot grows directly into the big pot. If thats the case, everytime you take it out to see the roots you’re actually damaging them.

B

bibiking

If i get this correct, you have a net pot inside a bigger pot filled with coco and the roots inside the net pot grows directly into the big pot. If thats the case, everytime you take it out to see the roots you’re actually damaging them.

No.

I start with small net pot, and each time I plant the net pot in bigger net pot. that way I can see the roots, and I don't stress my plant by taking it out of its pot.

don't you think my method is good?

anyway, my question is -
if the roots are growing, does it mean that everything is OK?

Last edited:
TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Growweedeasy.com
Get ur facts straight .
5.5-6.5 for coco 6.0-7.0 for soil
Watering is an art.
feeding is an art.
These all come with time and mistakes

newh

newh

30 days in coco she should be way bigger,roots dont like light that why they are in the ground,your leaves are twisty from bad ph

B

bibiking

Growweedeasy.com
Get ur facts straight .
5.5-6.5 for coco 6.0-7.0 for soil
Watering is an art.
feeding is an art.
These all come with time and mistakes

Thank you
I am growing for 5 years now, and I still make lots of mistakes.
can you give me your advice?
I am looking for the easiest method (I only need 10 grams a month).
would you recomand soil or coco? (I have all equipment needed)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
No.

I start with small net pot, and each time I plant the net pot in bigger net pot. that way I can see the roots, and I don't stress my plant by taking it out of its pot.

don't you think my method is good?

anyway, my question is -
if the roots are growing, does it mean that everything is OK?

Aah ok. That outer pot in the pic is the one you hold then. A little unnecessary but not a problem. They will be air pruned which is a good thing but you can just get it out and transplant, you dont need to do it like that.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I am a coco grower. Its much different than soil. If ur interested in that I'm pretty well versed in that.
Here is a photo reg seed from CKS Haze/cheese. 12/12 from start to finish .
Gh trio, Cal mag, and silica.
Ph to 5.8, follow a schedule, feed 2 times a day, dont let the coco get dry. Ur all set

1208180920a
TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

All done in 3 months, with the help of my mom of course.
Props Ma for letting me use your basement.
Dontworry the stinky feet smell will dissipate ;-)

Top Bottom