First time cloner!!

• Thread starter aka tico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aka tico

Greetings everyone,
First time grower, I started with a couple of seeds of C-99 in organic soil. At pre-flowering and right before switching to 12/12 cycle I took a couple of cuttings from each plant. Rooting took about a week or so in Rockwool under CFL on 24/0 schdual at which point I transfer them into small pots with soil. Everything seemed OK until last week when the plants start to grow weird : 1) they are stretchy with nodes not being symmetrical instead alternating 2) three fingered leafs
I am hoping that they will bounce back from whatever is happening (revegging?) but I also dont want to waste time if this is not going to go anywhere.
Note that I have already start the mainlining but I am not sure if that has anything to do with their behavior.
Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Cheers

First time cloner
First time cloner 2
First time cloner 3
First time cloner 4
First time cloner 5
First time cloner 6
First time cloner 7
Cannabizz

Cannabizz

They are doing very well. I took a clone and it went straight into flowering, lol.

Dan789

Dan789

Curious about what size the roots may be, were they extending out of the rock wool? Never witnessed clones so sizable, approximately how long has transpired since “cloning”? Can you indicate the new growth, as I don’t see any telltale clipped leave ends? What’s your RH? What type soil, and what are you feeding these plants? I’m quite impressed they’re alive and apparently growing...

BloodShot

BloodShot

Greetings everyone,
First time grower, I started with a couple of seeds of C-99 in organic soil. At pre-flowering and right before switching to 12/12 cycle I took a couple of cuttings from each plant. Rooting took about a week or so in Rockwool under CFL on 24/0 schdual at which point I transfer them into small pots with soil. Everything seemed OK until last week when the plants start to grow weird : 1) they are stretchy with nodes not being symmetrical instead alternating 2) three fingered leafs
I am hoping that they will bounce back from whatever is happening (revegging?) but I also dont want to waste time if this is not going to go anywhere.
Note that I have already start the mainlining but I am not sure if that has anything to do with their behavior.
Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Cheers
It sounds as if it is going back into veg with the three leaves but strikes me as weird as you said you took the clone from the mother before inducing 12/12 in pre flower.
I have only taken and rooted two clones without problem so far so all I can offer is this:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/why-are-my-leaves-growing-three-fingers-let-me-tell-you-why.72492/

BloodShot

BloodShot

A

aka tico

Curious about what size the roots may be, were they extending out of the rock wool? Never witnessed clones so sizable, approximately how long has transpired since “cloning”? Can you indicate the new growth, as I don’t see any telltale clipped leave ends? What’s your RH? What type soil, and what are you feeding these plants? I’m quite impressed they’re alive and apparently growing...
@Dan789 these clones are couple of days over a month old. The roots were in a great shape and extending out of the rock wool at the time of re-potting in Fox farm Happy Frog soil. If you look at the picture before the last you can see the clipped leaves. others have been removed. I haven't used any nutrient yet and been giving them filtered water with adjusted 5.5ph. For the first couple of weeks they were under the dome . Right now they are at ~58%.
They are growing all right but they way it is going makes it hard for me to do a clean symmetrical mainlining. Also, the three fingered leaves are freaking me out!!

A

aka tico

I can also offer that I was shocked at how fast the roots of my clones filled their containers.
@BloodShot I did definitly take the clones couple of day before switching to 12/12 (with 36hours dark period in between). I guess I should look at the roots and see if they need to be re-potted.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

@Dan789 these clones are couple of days over a month old. The roots were in a great shape and extending out of the rock wool at the time of re-potting in Fox farm Happy Frog soil. If you look at the picture before the last you can see the clipped leaves. others have been removed. I haven't used any nutrient yet and been giving them filtered water with adjusted 5.5ph. For the first couple of weeks they were under the dome . Right now they are at ~58%.
They are growing all right but they way it is going makes it hard for me to do a clean symmetrical mainlining. Also, the three fingered leaves are freaking me out!!
In Fox Farm Happy Frog if your pH is 5.5 it's too low you need 6.5 my friend, make the adjustment and those crumbley leaves will stop, but the ones already with the issue will probably not recover, good luck

A

aka tico

In Fox Farm Happy Frog if your pH is 5.5 it's too low you need 6.5 my friend, make the adjustment and those crumbley leaves will stop, but the ones already with the issue will probably not recover, good luck
@Beachwalker thank you for the heads up. I was going with what it was written on the rock wool package but a short search shows that 5.5ph on rock wool soaking water is to remove the lime forming on the fibers during manufacture. Happy frog soil says that the ph is adjusted to 6.3 -6.8 it is right there on the pakage!!
I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension skills as well as my growing skills ;-)

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

@Beachwalker thank you for the heads up. I was going with what it was written on the rock wool package but a short search shows that 5.5ph on rock wool soaking water is to remove the lime forming on the fibers during manufacture. Happy frog soil says that the ph is adjusted to 6.3 -6.8 it is right there on the pakage!!
I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension skills as well as my growing skills ;-)
We all make mistakes my friend glad I could help

Dan789

Dan789

At one month old there is still substantial growth. Like @Beachwalker suggested getting control of the PH will help out, you can also check run off ph...Good luck with this grow.

Top Bottom