FIRST TIME COCO GROW-WEEK 4 RUNTZ-HELP!!

• Thread starter ITSPROFIT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

Hello farmers first of all just want to say Thank you in advance for any advice or tips thrown my way. So I am in week 4 of Veg in Grow!T loose coco coir w/40% perlite mix. Plants are about a foot long maybe a little bigger but I noticed they have some kind of deficiency just can’t pinpoint what is going on. They look like they are lacking nitrogen possibly cal-mag?
I am giving them Botanicare’s CNS17 Grow 800ml, Liquid Karma 400ml, Silica Blast 200ml, SeaPlex 250ml, Cal-Mag 250ml, Great White 4 scoops with GH PH Up solution.
RO water with all nutes Ph’ed at 5.9-6.1and a Ppm of 1000.
Room temp on average is about 77• F and R. Humidity of about 52% w/lights on.
I hand water about every 3-4 days with a 55 gal. Res w/air pump to keep things mixed and oxygenated inside. They are in 5 gallon fabric pots. One thing I will day and I know could possibly be wrong on my end is I don’t water till I see run-off due to the number of plants and the 55 gallon res tank. The amount of time it takes to refill the res with the RO water is over 4 hours, may add another res to the equation later.
What am I missing here?

First time coco grow week 4 runtz help
First time coco grow week 4 runtz help 2
First time coco grow week 4 runtz help 3
First time coco grow week 4 runtz help 4
First time coco grow week 4 runtz help 5
First time coco grow week 4 runtz help 6
First time coco grow week 4 runtz help 7
First time coco grow week 4 runtz help 8
First time coco grow week 4 runtz help 9
First time coco grow week 4 runtz help 10
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

It's nutrient lockout from letting the coco dry out. When it dries out completely it locks certain nutrients to the coco and the plant can't get any. Looks like you locked out magnesium.
There are several products on the market that can help remedy this like em-1 microbial inoculant or bush doctor.
Keep coco moist, feed every watering and water to 29% runoff and you shouldn't run into this problem.

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

It's nutrient lockout from letting the coco dry out. When it dries out completely it locks certain nutrients to the coco and the plant can't get any. Looks like you locked out magnesium.
There are several products on the market that can help remedy this like em-1 microbial inoculant or bush doctor.
Keep coco moist, feed every watering and water to 29% runoff and you shouldn't run into this problem.

Thank you I appreciate your help!
Dang locked me out huh? Will definitely go grab something for them. Do you think I should raise the amount of ml’s of Cal-Mag I feed them. I give them 5ml per gallon of RO water or is that sufficient?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I also forgot to mention that there's no need to ph RO water, adding ph up to ro is a no-no. I never go over 5ml gal of calmag. If the plant wants more ca or mg I amend the top of the soil with epsom salts or garden gypsum. With those little pots you'll end up watering every day with coco.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Sorry, typo, should say 20% runoff.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Looking closer at the one plant, it may be sulphur and not mg, it has a purple striped stem.

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

I also forgot to mention that there's no need to ph RO water, adding ph up to ro is a no-no. I never go over 5ml gal of calmag. If the plant wants more ca or mg I amend the top of the soil with epsom salts or garden gypsum. With those little pots you'll end up watering every day with coco.
I only pH after adding all nutes at the end after checking ppm level. pH level goes down to 4.4 that’s when I add the pH up to get to that 5.9-6.1 mark. I’m currently building an automatic watering system because the whole hand watering is mad work. Bush doctor Microbe Brew will help with the sulphur lockout as well?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How many times a day are you watering?

Id be hitting those to runoff about 2-3 times a day with a little over half wbat youre feeding. 5-600ppm is plenty for that stage in veg.

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

Looking closer at the one plant, it may be sulphur and not mg, it has a purple striped stem.
Question, what if I flush them with only RO water and and let it run off 20% then tomorrow start feeding. Will that help any without buying the bush doctor or would you recommend that either way?
Once again Thanks for your help I appreciate you.

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

How many times a day are you watering?

Id be hitting those to runoff about 2-3 times a day with a little over half wbat youre feeding. 5-600ppm is plenty for that stage in veg.
Hi Dirtbag, I’m watering about every 3-4 days with no run-off as I run out of water because of my 55gal res and RO system taking over 4 hours to refill. Working on drip system right now not quite done with yet. About 85% done. Thanks for your help by the way I appreciate you.

ITSPROFIT

ITSPROFIT

Just got my hands on some Bush Doctor Microbe Brew. Should I add with everything else I already add, just at around 500-600 ppm? Or should I just do microbe brew, cns17 Grow and the cal-mag at 500-600 ppm?
Thanks again

Top Bottom