First time coco run, Please helpšŸ™šŸ½šŸ™šŸ½

• Thread starter oneluv0027
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oneluv0027

oneluv0027

some peopel dont mix coco with perlite at all infact its pointless really and pure coco usersd will tell you that. if your ion a really large pot its maybe worth it but anything under 5 gallon should be fine as coco has exelent drainage and absorbtion by itself
That's what I've been hearing. Next run, no perlite and I'll see if affects watering.

Fresh14

Fresh14

Good evening everyone, first time posting so I hope I donā€™t mess this up too bad šŸ˜œ. Iā€™ve been growing medicinally for a little while now but Iā€™ve never done hydro or have I grown in coco coir. A bought a new line of nutes I wanted to try out and it was recommended that I use the most neutral medium I can find and that coco was my best option.

Without doing any further research, I bought some and planted my four germinated seedlings directly in the coco coir in 3 gallon fabric pots, ( first no-no) I also didnā€™t mix the coco with any perlite until I found out later that thatā€™s essential for drainage (second no-no). I managed to add some after to the top third of the pots and mix it in. Then with a little more research I find out that Iā€™m supposed to buffer the coco with a CalMag solution and since I didnā€™t do that I started foilar spraying at 1 week old and it seemed to have boosted them because I seen a change within 2 days. I usually run a 600 hps system for the whole run but I decided to use 600w led for veg this time( first time using LEDS ). In The last week Iā€™ve seen great improvement in size but 1 in particular although getting big fast, has yellow streaks on old and new leaves, one is has a couple of leaf edges curling up and one has its leaves pointing down.

Our tap water here is very soft and is only 50ppm, with the nutrient solution itā€™s about 377ppm and after checking runoff after feeding thereā€™s only an increase of 35-50ppm. From what I understand so far, that rules out nutrient lockout correct?

Please let me know if I forgot to mention anything. I have 4x4x7 tent with 4 inch intake fan and carbon filter, oscillating fan and a 600w led for veg at the moment. The temp ranges between 20C and 26 and humidity sits around 25% but goes as high as 40%. First pic is exactly 1 week old and the rest were from today at two weeks old. View attachment 1109507View attachment 1109513View attachment 1109508View attachment 1109509View attachment 1109510

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
The streaking looks like a harmless mutation, cal-mag deficiencies can cause twisted leaves.

S

Superscrip1

Good evening everyone, first time posting so I hope I donā€™t mess this up too bad šŸ˜œ. Iā€™ve been growing medicinally for a little while now but Iā€™ve never done hydro or have I grown in coco coir. A bought a new line of nutes I wanted to try out and it was recommended that I use the most neutral medium I can find and that coco was my best option.

Without doing any further research, I bought some and planted my four germinated seedlings directly in the coco coir in 3 gallon fabric pots, ( first no-no) I also didnā€™t mix the coco with any perlite until I found out later that thatā€™s essential for drainage (second no-no). I managed to add some after to the top third of the pots and mix it in. Then with a little more research I find out that Iā€™m supposed to buffer the coco with a CalMag solution and since I didnā€™t do that I started foilar spraying at 1 week old and it seemed to have boosted them because I seen a change within 2 days. I usually run a 600 hps system for the whole run but I decided to use 600w led for veg this time( first time using LEDS ). In The last week Iā€™ve seen great improvement in size but 1 in particular although getting big fast, has yellow streaks on old and new leaves, one is has a couple of leaf edges curling up and one has its leaves pointing down.

Our tap water here is very soft and is only 50ppm, with the nutrient solution itā€™s about 377ppm and after checking runoff after feeding thereā€™s only an increase of 35-50ppm. From what I understand so far, that rules out nutrient lockout correct?

Please let me know if I forgot to mention anything. I have 4x4x7 tent with 4 inch intake fan and carbon filter, oscillating fan and a 600w led for veg at the moment. The temp ranges between 20C and 26 and humidity sits around 25% but goes as high as 40%. First pic is exactly 1 week old and the rest were from today at two weeks old. View attachment 1109507View attachment 1109513View attachment 1109508View attachment 1109509View attachment 1109510

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
There's nothing wrong with those plants. And you are right you need to feed called mag along Everything else when you're using Coco.

Top Bottom