First Time DIY UC

• Thread starter alvatron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

so do i take it you don't run co2?

all i can say is.... WOW, great job!

given how good those babies look, you are absolutely right!

do you know how much your uc system cost to build?

A

alvatron

1 1/4" uniseal is about S2.64 each at
110 litter air pump is about $80 at local hydro shop
500 gph inline water pump about $60 at hydro shop
1/4 hp water chiller about $220 on craigslist
1 1/4" pipes, tees, and elbows about $30 at homedepot
5 gallon buckets about $5 each at local hydro shop
10 inch net pots about $2.50 each at local hydro shop
50 liter hydroton rocks about $35 at local hydro shop

I'm guessing less than $600 for my complete 6 site DIY undercurrent system

A

alvatron

update

Alrite, so here's the final weight after 5 days of trimming with 4 people (1 tree per day, 8-10 hrs a day).

My total weight for my first DIY UC is 7lbs 3oz off of 6 plants under 6 lights, only about 3oz of popcorn, 1.3lbs of sticky trims and 1 1/2 kitchen garbage bag of fan leaves and branches..

Attach is just one of my many branches and why it took 4 people 5 days to trim 6 plants....

:bong-hits:

IMG 3156
A

alvatron

no it's dry weight, becuz it's one 1k light per plant with space to grow, also didn't have alot of popcorn, mostly big branches of buds only

S

ScrOGer

You def knocked it hard. looks like about 1/2 a gram per watt, there. So know you have a goal for the next run. hit 1 gpw! "You can do it!" (like rob schneider in The water Boy)

A

alvatron

Hope so, but every grow is different due to indoor climate control and the health of the plants. I was following the chart on AN sites and was very please about the outcome, but didn't really like the expensive nutes. My next grow will probably be grown with my DIY UC mixed in with the Hydrofarm top drip, to increase more nute uptake to the base root. But this time, I'll probably try using the GH line to see if it makes any difference...

K

Kingofcali

I'm confused u stated 4 lights at beginning
Of thread ? Did u add 2 more.

P

Powdery

Looks sick bro, love the set-up. I just stepped into DWC....getting my toes wet:)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Killin' it bro! I didn't go with a chiller my first run and... disaster. Oh well, "experience" is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!

Top Bottom