First Time, First Crop. Questions !

• Thread starter T_BrosFarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T_BrosFarm

T_BrosFarm

Hi everyone !

My brother and me started growing Skunk x Mazar about a month ago. Bought some seeds, used the glass of water and napkin method and all 11 seeds sprouted.

We raised all the seedlings, transplanted the 4 best looking ones in a mix of perlite and FFOF and here we are now.

Is it normal/ok that the first single blade leaves are starting to look less healthy and some have little yellow spots but some others don't? Is the plant neglecting these leaves because they have been rendered useless by the newer bigger ones?

These plant look healthy to me but I am a little insecure about missing something. We are now running Mars Hydro TS 3000 at 75% intensity at a 24" distance. My PPR readings are pretty much hovering around 500-600 on all 4 plants. From the pictures could someone tell me if they show signs of photoinhibition such as slight cupping or I'm just paranoid for my babies? lol

Any comments are welcome really...

First time first crop questions
First time first crop questions 2
First time first crop questions 3
First time first crop questions 4
First time first crop questions 5
First time first crop questions 6
First time first crop questions 7
First time first crop questions 8
mancorn

mancorn

It is normally for these leaves to bite the dust and your plants do look healthy. BUT it does look like this could be a pest problem as opposed to just yellow spots. When a sucking insect bites the bottom of the leaves it reduces the thickness of the blade and this looks like a spot from the top of the leaf. You should get a jewelers loupe and inspect the bottom of your leaves (throughout your grow) to make sure it’s not a pest problem. From the look of the damage you may have thrips (which actually aren’t a huge problem, easy to fix, and nothing to get too excited about). If you don’t see any bugs, just cut off the leaves so they don’t stress you out.

T_BrosFarm

T_BrosFarm

Thanks for your replies guys !

As mancorn suggested I inspected the plant with yellow spots thoroughly and I have not noticed anything peculiar. Thanks to him, I'm no longer worried. It's all is good in the hood, knocking on wood so it stays this way !

Top Bottom