First time from seed grower question

• Thread starter bdiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bdiz

bdiz

Hey guys,

First time growing from seed. Grew a small clone last year and I was hooked. My buddy gave me a CinderellaXX seed and I went with it.
Have her in a 10 gallon grow bag in Ocean Forrest. Fed a little FF Grow big and now have been doing Bloom one every couple waterings.
I think she is about two weeks out but who really knows.
She is bigger than I imagined, and has amazing large thick Colas all over her.
Should I strip the little buds that are growing along the stems on the inside so she can divert more energy to the big boys?
Anything else I can do to help her along in these last couple weeks?
20210904_122642.jpg
20210904_122716.jpg
20210904_122748 (1).jpg

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

It’s an addictive hobby for sure man! Looking good from what I can see. Might want to consider plucking off those life sucking leaves that aren’t helping the plant. Also might be a tad overwatered but not 100% on that, someone else will probably chime in. Just out of curiosity what are your watering practices?

for harvest time you want to check the trichomes , you’re looking for mostly cloudy with some amber colored ones peppered in for flavor. 90-95 % cloudy 5% amber. The longer you let it mature the more narcotic the effects will be. You can get a cheap jeweler loop to check the trichomes or a pocket microscope on the cheap.

helluva job so far man! 👍

bdiz

bdiz

It’s an addictive hobby for sure man! Looking good from what I can see. Might want to consider plucking off those life sucking leaves that aren’t helping the plant. Also might be a tad overwatered but not 100% on that, someone else will probably chime in. Just out of curiosity what are your watering practices?

for harvest time you want to check the trichomes , you’re looking for mostly cloudy with some amber colored ones peppered in for flavor. 90-95 % cloudy 5% amber. The longer you let it mature the more narcotic the effects will be. You can get a cheap jeweler loop to check the trichomes or a pocket microscope on the cheap.

helluva job so far man! 👍
Thanks man, as for watering, I just fill up a watering can and water the plant every day or two. Nothing scientific :)

bdiz

bdiz

I just went ahead and removed the yellowing leaves, and some of the tiny buds growing low and inside that wouldn't amount to much in the end. I did notice I have some little ants climbing up the main stalk. Is this a cause for concern, and are their any remedies to keep them off my plant?
Thanks!
20210905 095055

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I wouldn't strip off any buds and I think it has longer than 2 weeks to go, buds are big but look very immature. Probably won't be ready til the end of September, so at least 4 weeks to go.

Even 8-9 week indoor plants will take til the end of September or beginning of October to finish at the earliest.

Plant looks great and good luck!!

bdiz

bdiz

I wouldn't strip off any buds and I think it has longer than 2 weeks to go, buds are big but look very immature. Probably won't be ready til the end of September, so at least 4 weeks to go.

Even 8-9 week indoor plants will take til the end of September or beginning of October to finish at the earliest.

Plant looks great and good luck!!
You're probably right, I have a patience problem with EVERYTHING lol. More time for then to get dense and stickier and ickier :)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You're probably right, I have a patience problem with EVERYTHING lol. More time for then to get dense and stickier and ickier :)

Exactly, the buds will be WAAAYYY better if you allow them to fully ripen, cutting it down 2 weeks early will cost you size, weight, potency and smell. Basically everything suffers if they get chopped significantly too early. I understand outdoor plants might have to get chopped early depending on the environment to avoid mold, mildew and fungus, but if you don't have any signs of that stuff you should let them finish completely.

You will be rewarded with some dankness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom