First time grow, are these nanners?

• Thread starter Drywater420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Drywater420

Hello all, brand new here. I’m a first time grower. I’m in week 9 of my flowering stage and just about ready for harvest. Yesterday during my daily inspection I noticed what I believe to be nanners on one of my plants. The other has none and is showing no signs. Now the plants have been in pot since June 6th so they are for sure at the end of their life cycle. The hairs have turned to the bright orange and the trichome heads are milky with next time none turned to amber yet. Should I not worry about the nanners and proceed to harvest regularly? Or will the nanners have any effect at this point since I’m going to harvest tomorrow?
Thanks for any advice it’s much appreciated.

E453A8EF C704 4333 8186 35ECDC536BF1
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Nah if your harvesting tomorrow it doesn't matter. The plant cant create seeds once its chopped and dead already. Those are nanners BTW they usually occur due to lack of genetic variation (aka inbreeding) in the past lineage. It happens to a lot of the modern strains sometimes it wont show itself but then if you stress the plant it will occur seemingly out of nowhere. Sometimes it occurs even if you didn't do anything wrong just bad genetics.

2Bad

2Bad

Nope you're good. I even got my begining of flower (fem seeds / from light leak) and I just wet them and plucked them. Made it all the way 80 days of flower.

D

Drywater420

Nah if your harvesting tomorrow it doesn't matter. The plant cant create seeds once its chopped and dead already. Those are nanners BTW they usually occur due to lack of genetic variation (aka inbreeding) in the past lineage. It happens to a lot of the modern strains sometimes it wont show itself but then if you stress the plant it will occur seemingly out of nowhere. Sometimes it occurs even if you didn't do anything wrong just bad genetics.
Thanks. I assume it is bad genetics. My plant right, next to it has none at all (different strain) and they been on the exact same regiment. Both are just seeds I got from good looking buds from a previous purchase. But no breeder or anything like that.

D

Drywater420

Nope you're good. I even got my begining of flower (fem seeds / from light leak) and I just wet them and plucked them. Made it all the way 80 days of flower.
Wow so just keeping an eye out and plucking made the difference? Interesting. Thanks for the advice.

2Bad

2Bad

Wow so just keeping an eye out and plucking made the difference? Interesting. Thanks for the advice.
I'm a newb but that is exactly what happened to me this first grow. just harvested 4 plants got maybe like 3 nanners out of 2 gallons of bud lol

Edit: i'm just guessing here but fem seeds when they get light leaks most of the nanners are probably sterile

D

Drywater420

I prolly have found about ten nanners on the one plant. How interesting you said that, Because one of the nanners turned brown and seems to be drying up.

2Bad

2Bad

I've never seen what you're talking about throw a pic in the comments

D

Drywater420

I've never seen what you're talking about throw a pic in the comments
These pics show this one the best. Before the nanners was bright yellow and standing straight out, now it’s partially brown and receding almost.

8DA8F80C 1092 4D15 97E3 87BCE49A9F6D
C7C07E58 A057 4E05 ABA0 D0B82EB995CA
2Bad

2Bad

Hmmm i haven't had that and i plucked maybe 30-40 nanners. dont worry tho ur already at harvest just make sure you wash surround areas/tent. water sterilizes nanners

D

Drywater420

Hmmm i haven't had that and i plucked maybe 30-40 nanners. dont worry tho ur already at harvest just make sure you wash surround areas/tent. water sterilizes nanners
I’m in a closet, so you would suggest washing the wall and such to remove any pollen that may be in there? Okay I’ll pick all bananas off tomorrow when I harvest with tweezers dipped in water.

2Bad

2Bad

I’m in a closet, so you would suggest washing the wall and such to remove any pollen that may be in there? Okay I’ll pick all bananas off tomorrow when I harvest with tweezers dipped in water.
Yeah wash the closet maybe with isopropyl alcohol and water (if your able to air it out afterwards cus its going to be strong smelling for like 12 hours) An yeah just be careful not to wet your bud too much n juss pat dry with paper towels if needed. this is all precaution cus u never know.

Kevuk

Kevuk

Think I might have a couple of nanners in early stage?

They are about 1mm.

Beginning of week 6 tomo.
73AF88D7 A911 45BD AAD3 06F620D357F5

211A5C3B C0F6 438E BA8C 69FCE9D9C6F8

2Bad

2Bad

Think I might have a couple of nanners in early stage?

They are about 1mm.

Beginning of week 6 tomo.
View attachment 1210597
View attachment 1210598
Yes I believe you do let them grow a lil bit so its easier to pluck and when you pluck wet your utensil first. Also try to identify the stressor . Light leak? Nutes? root bound? just examples. And if you see balls like actually balls(from a male) its too far gone.

Kevuk

Kevuk

Yes I believe you do let them grow a lil bit so its easier to pluck and when you pluck wet your utensil first. Also try to identify the stressor . Light leak? Nutes? root bound? just examples. And if you see balls like actually balls(from a male) its too far gone.

I think it’s genetic. I’ve read a few people say the same with archive strains.

No light leaks. Growing in coco with canna like I have many times before.

I had a good look through before and couldn’t find anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom