First time grow - Help Needed

• Thread starter Shaunus420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaunus420

Shaunus420

Hi guys,

I live in Barcelona and this is my first outdoors auto grow!

If I could do things again I would use a different soil, drainage, and keep my plants inside until older etc etc, but here I am:

Photos show my outdoor plants in a soil from a garden center.
They are in 5L fabric pots and I germinated the seeds and planted them directly to the soil.

It has been a slow process to get them to where you see them now…

I need some help from here please, and guidance on what I should do next…

Some questions I have and I’d be grateful for any help:

1. How can I make this grow better or even just survive? :)

2. I have some “top crop deeper underground” fertiliser to help the roots grow stronger (should I use this now) to give them some solid footing and use fert down the line when they veg more?

From the photos you can see one plant is doing quite well.

One plant is retarded. Just letting this play out. It looks like a tomato plant!

One plant is very small, seems to be struggling with the soil/size of pot.

One plant is coming up with yellow tinted leafs…

I am watering with tap water which is around 6.5 pH

Thanks!

First time grow   help needed
First time grow   help needed 2
First time grow   help needed 3
First time grow   help needed 4
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
your doing fine, the one with wonky leaves will be fine also, just don’t over water or over mother them..
your in 5 liter bags and outside? right?
so you could probably start watering the whole bag when they need water from here on out..
so far good job!
and welcome to the farm!!

Shaunus420

Shaunus420

Ah great! Thank you.

I normally water the whole area but today we had rain and no sun, so I just watered very slightly and covered with a bin bag to avoid rain water with the plants being so young.

Glad to hear about the disabled plant too!

C8A240AD 692F 4FBB BB14 52DAA2F148A5

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ya no worries with the one with wonky leaves they usually grow out of it, which i can see yours is.. that can be from a number of things..
just be careful too not water too often, a wet dry cycle is important always but especially while plants are young.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I've got about a month left on my first grow but from the many pics and posts I've seen your plants look pretty good. As I scrolled down I expected to see some barely hanging in there little plants. But if someone posted these pics with a positive title I would've thought hell yeah man, these look great. That one does look like a tomato plant, lol. Keep up the good work bro.

Shaunus420

Shaunus420

Thanks for the positive vibes.

I am sure I will have a lot more questions down the line… I’ll keep you posted on how they are getting on!

Shaunus420

Shaunus420

Just a quick update.

This is the yellow plant, she is slightly wilting/curling at edges.

Forgot to say she was born in a cube as an experiment, then planted into the soil.

There are some small small roots popping out the sides so I suspect she is struggling to get water/nutrients or breathing space…

No idea?

9FFEB405 4366 4B0B 8732 7586EEE5EAFC

BE89042B A734 4346 9854 A283ABC98892

All the rest are progressing fine this week, especially the “tomato plant”.

They will get a good water tomorrow as it’s going to be a hotter day.

779533AF 9BCF 4CCB 9D52 5C5504F73BC8
1ACBC435 7A8F 4910 94B2 895978A73356
8BB460AB 8140 4E04 A994 E059369D5DD3
Shaunus420

Shaunus420

Hi guys,

So I’m thinking I have a male?

69D38254 D0C7 4639 A59E 163104E88253

If you see the last photo here then there are some buds on the stem but further up the top are some white whispers coming out… anybody know from these visuals?

1647296F 0E7C 4B11 9FF9 55A57FD04EB7
4FCD50F9 7EDF 4F04 8D28 C30FADBFE1B4
Shaunus420

Shaunus420

Just read it could be a ladyboy.

It does not smell unlike my other plants.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
This is where you want a jeweler's loupe, or a really strong magnifying glass. There are wonderful videos on youtube for this question. Focus on trichomes. I would say you are within 3 weeks, but please dont hold me to that. When the pistils turn red/orange, and then the trichomes (the white powdery looking crystals) go from clear to WHITE with a few turning amber (ive heard this jokingly called an "amber alert" which here in USA we know means some asshole kidnaped a child, the real amber alert that is) then i would say let the plants get 2 whoñe days in perfect darkness (place a light blocking box over the plant) which boosts the trichome production, then harvest after. Also with autos usually the large fan leaves start yellowing. If that happens don't worry and DONT FERTILIZE. in fact that last week, when the trichomes START to show clouding. Also, look into "flushing" for flavor enhancement. I hope ive helped. You have done a flawless job so far. Check out "Mr Canuck's Grow" on youtube. The guy is very very informative, even on harvesting and curing. Kudos man
uummm no!!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
hey it’s all good, i just disagree with the darkness period and flushing, both are a myth.. and i also disagree with not feeding plants nothing the last couple weeks, you decrease the amount of nutrients as you near the finish.,
flavour is based on so many things even during the grow, but especially during drying and curing..
now let’s not take over this members thread going back and forth..
peace @wurfgurf

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I would never even consider asking anyone else if it’s time to chop. That is strictly your call and yours alone! In my opinion, asking others if it’s time is a cop out! You make the decision and in the long run You will be a better grower for it! You’ve got this!

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Please elaborate why you reacted that way. Im not sure where i spoke so incorrectly that i deserved that. I shouldnt have said within 3 weeks, surely, but your emotional reaction and, frankly, read as crass response leaves me practically aloof with, "what??"
Please elucidate, if you will. Im learning here. I don't have it all and as i said, "don't hold me to that" in reference to the weeks. Im not autoflower experienced and should've said that. At least i will say thank you for the quick response so i cpuldnt mess this up at all. Id hate my words to be destructive to another's works, especially these that have a hobbyist's passion.

Well there's a lot of out dated and broscience in your post. Flushing isn't necessary, and dark periods before harvest have been proven to be a myth and you should actually be doing the reverse(while lowering temps if possible)

EDIT: nvm Nick chimed in

Latest posts

Top Bottom