First Time Grow Journal..

• Thread starter Ausgunja23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ausgunja23

Ausgunja23

I've been reading many threads on many sites and at times it can get overwhelming for a first time reader. So for me to do a grow journal of my own, for myself is huge. Learning first hand how to grow is and will be the best advice you could probably get anywhere.
So i built a computer case type grow box. It's not really stealthy at the moment as I'm not looking to hide it, just grow. (I will put pics of Grow Box up soon). I have no idea what I'm going to do with them when they get to big as I am just playing it by ear.
Also I live in Australia so I am definately NOT allowed to grow cannabis
I'm not looking to make millions of dollars in a get quick rich scheme, I'm just sick of buying dirt poor weed for top dollar prices, I'm sick of having to be seen walking in to my dealers house or even in that neighbourhood. I'm only looking to grow cannabis for personal smoke.

What strain is it? - unsure bag seed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? - unsure
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? - Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 14 Days from sprout
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? half sand and half organic mulch
If soil... What size pot? small plastic cups at the moment
Size of light? 23w cool daylight CFL
Temp of Room/cab? day 70 night
RH of Room/cab? unsure
PH of media or res? try to make it roughly 6
Any Pests ? not at the moment
How often are you watering? as needed
Type and strength of ferts used? TBA

If you have any questions let me know and please feel free to throw in your inputs..

peace-prove

Ausgunja23

Ausgunja23

P1010131
P1010132
P1010133
View attachment 403631 View attachment 403632 Now for some pics..
I've labelled them red, green, blue and yellow and they sprouted on the 28/4
temp or room/cab 75f at night and up to 85f during the day, sometimes a little higher

Ausgunja23

Ausgunja23

some more pics..

If you have any input of any kind stop by and let me know, the more the better

peace--prove

P1010134
P1010135
P1010136
Ausgunja23

Ausgunja23

P1010137
P1010138
So i finally got the chance to get in and take some pics earlier today.. I managed to get two pics taken and then my camera died.. so it's on charge and i will def try and get some more pics up later..
for now this will have to do guys...

I know it looks a little cheap to say the least. But it seems to do the job for me..
1) The first picture is of what it looks like on the outside, etc. (Computer Case I picked up of the side of the road). I then gutted the computer case until it was bare, well except for the shelving that i could'nt remove.
2) The second picture is of what it looks like on the inside. The top left is t (The outake fan and the bottom right is the intake fan, (intake fan is twice as big as the outake fan). I used a car sun viser and cut it to fit (roughly). The light is 2700k bulb 23w (I will be getting a 6500k soon). Also later i will make a some kind of hood for the bulb.

If you have any questions please ask
If you have any input, please do..
If there are any mods with nothing to do, then this new grower would love some help..

More Pictures Coming Soon

peace--prove

canadaseed

canadaseed

Hey welcome to the hobby, congrats on popping those beans you're off to a good start.
I'm gonna make a suggestion, if you can find a free (craigslist) or cheap 2 drawer filling cabinet you could convert that to a growing box... and you would have more space but if the PC box works for you go with it! I believe you will need some more lights. The big cfl bulbs work great they're not expensive either.

When i started i got help from farmer: justanotherbozo. I'll tell you what he told me.
An excellent grwoing method is coco hempy buckets with either hydroton or grorocks or lavarock in the bottom. Hempy buckets are a passive form of hydroponics that is extremely easy to run and it is very forgiving of inexperienced hands.
Hempy

When your plants are ready to be fed: http://www.amazon.com/2-2-lbs-Stimu...UTF8&qid=1395847455&sr=8-1&keywords=maxibloom

If making hempy buckets: http://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH98145-COCOTEK-BAIL/dp/B004D441ZO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1395846183&sr=8-3&keywords=5kg coco coir

Another note if you're growing in a small space topping and low stress training would likely increase yields while keeping your plants short. All the best with your grow!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom