First time grow, need some advice.

• Thread starter Le_Roy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Le_Roy

This is my first setup and I wanted to make sure I'm doing it right. I have a 4x4 gorilla shorty tent with the extension added, ac infinity controller 69 pro, ac 6 inch fan filter kit, 2 ac iongrid t24 (AC-IGT24) lights, 2 ac 6 inch s6 fans, ac cloudforge t3 humidifier, ac self watering bases, ac fabric 5 gallon pots, canna coco soil, and the canna nutrients. I have 3 seedlings going in it right now. I have the lights on 15 hrs a day at 100% 33 inches above the plant. My temp runs 77 avg during the day and 70 avg at night. My VPD is averging between .89 and 1.08, humidity between 60 to 65%
I guess my big questions are
How high and % should my lights be?
Should I top water until the plant gets bigger then switch to bottom watering bases?
Should I put nutrients in the bottom watering bases or feed from the top?
Here is how my stats look for today.

First time grow need some advice
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
How high and % should my lights be?
Seedlings need way less photonflux than big plants which means if you have a way to dim your lights and put it closer to the plant you can safe some electricity. 520W in a 4x4 is what is needed for flower in 12h lights on when the tent is full of plants.
Light does diminish with distance so right now what you're doing is just having a lot of loss. If you don't have a way to measure your irradiance then, at least, a single light at about 50-60cm should be enough (usually use 18/6 for photoperiodics) (I use 24/0 for seedlings until all have sprouted and show "true" leaves, then introduce them to a real day n night rhythm...)

Should I top water until the plant gets bigger then switch to bottom watering bases?
I'd recommend you to this very thread

I'm not a coco guy but I know at least you should feed them always a little (you need a pH and EC meter for that) and irrigate top-down to be able to drain (to waste) the old nute solution to prevent salt build up

Hope this help bro

L

Le_Roy

I got it lined out and they are growing like crazy. Thank you for the advice.

Top Bottom