First Time Grow Progress Pictures - 10/21

• Thread starter deftmotion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

deftmotion

I apologize if I'm posing in an incorrect section. First time taking a shot at this and just wanted to share the progress so far. Very excited to see how these girls turn out.

Switching to coco after these two. Have a few more started. Haven't pumped used any nutes aside from castings, nitrogen, calmag, and PH up/down to neutralize the water.

First time training as well. I've tried to do my diligence and research. Hoping I can create a decent canopy between the two. 5 weeks old as of Friday. Larger is OG, BD is the other. This BD looked rough at first but after watching it closely and watering it a bit more it started looking healthy again. Any advice is much appreciated.
First time grow progress pictures   1021
First time grow progress pictures   1021 2
First time grow progress pictures   1021 3
First time grow progress pictures   1021 4

2Bad

2Bad

What do you hope to get out of coco? Do you have space to setup an automated watering system? Or you'll be watering and emptying saucers 2 times a day in flower. Then multiply that by how many plants. Growing in coco without automation will cost you hours of your free time. Just sayin

D

deftmotion

What do you hope to get out of coco? Do you have space to setup an automated watering system? Or you'll be watering and emptying saucers 2 times a day in flower. Then multiply that by how many plants. Growing in coco without automation will cost you hours of your free time. Just sayin
Two going with four more planted.

I was trying to follow one persons set of info for this grow. As you know, with the amount information out there... it's overload. From seed to stoned on YouTube was what I was running with. These two buckets were left over from the person previous who was doing this and gave up. They gave me their seeds and setup and I planted and just went for it. After, of course, because I'm more of a go for it kind of person, I started reading more into it. Knew there was a lot to it from looking into it over the years and having family that's done it, but didn't realize the entirety of it all. Came across a pretty straight forward video and was going to follow it.

Recommend coco with perlite at a 70/30 mix. General Hydro Flora nutes with calmag. Just wanted to keep it simple. He also said it was easy to flush. The buds looked great.

I'm all for any advice. Trying to be as open as possible to every and anything and find my own thing over time works.

steamroller

steamroller

Welcome.
It was a previous persons setup who gave up on it. It's just foxfarm and perlite. I do not know what variant they went with. Another reason I want to change was just so I knew what it was and to fill it up more.

Filling the pots to the top will help the plant get more light[ not just closer to light] ans offer more room for root growth.

You can mix FF soils.I mix FF with Coast of Maine Stonington..Good stuff.

2Bad

2Bad

It was a previous persons setup who gave up on it. It's just foxfarm and perlite. I do not know what variant they went with. Another reason I want to change was just so I knew what it was and to fill it up more.
Yeah I mean...you have to finish them which means you need to feed them like NOW. Or else theyll go deficient. If you want to go organic(people claim it smells/tastes better) here's a easy guide that we use.

D

deftmotion

Organic is hands off...you don't have to PH your water. You don't have to mix nutrients. You don't have to empty saucers. You water way less (more free time).
I only ordered a few bricks of coco so it wasn't a big dent by any means. I will definitely check that article out. I'm more for taste than anything myself. Thank you, really appreciate it. Gaia green was another I was looking at. Glad I posted here!

D

deftmotion

Welcome mane. I been through coco and i'll never go back! haha
Hey man, so one last question if you don't mind, is there any reason at all someone would mix in the coco with the all purpose? I went back and watched that other video I was talking about where he used Gaia Green and mixed with I believe everything in that guide you had posted including coco, but didn't explain why. Would there be a reason he's using it? If not I'm just gonna stick these in the closet until I'm feeling adventurous on a plant or something. Thanks again for posting that. The breakdown is great. Exactly what I was looking for but everything always points to a video. I still enjoy reading and having that text format for reference.

D

deftmotion

Yeah I suggest the link above or living soil too. But if you do the link above we can guide you on here throughout it

Once these all run their course I am for sure. I have two tents at the moment, 2x2s. I'll eventually just use them to dry and germinate as I want a larger setup. Something like a 60×60 or larger with some spider farm lights. Once I jump to the new setup I'm going with the guide and some NL or OG seeds I'm looking at. Would you recommend looking at just a few strains to learn with versus something different each time?

2Bad

2Bad

Once these all run their course I am for sure. I have two tents at the moment, 2x2s. I'll eventually just use them to dry and germinate as I want a larger setup. Something like a 60×60 or larger with some spider farm lights. Once I jump to the new setup I'm going with the guide and some NL or OG seeds I'm looking at. Would you recommend looking at just a few strains to learn with versus something different each time?
Oh yeah I love doing new strains mane haha 😂 id say go big your first run or two and make sure u clone all of them cus u might get some winners. I did 13 strains last run haha

steamroller

steamroller

I grow multiple strains, but it can make things more difficult if one or more act differently.
As long as you can relax and not over react I think multi strains are the way to go.

MY method;
Learn the art of NO STRESS growing.
This where you don't stress and you just grow and see...
You can still stress and train plant, just don't worry about things. Pay attention like you are and decide to deal with them or wait and see.

D

deftmotion

I grow multiple strains, but it can make things more difficult if one or more act differently.
As long as you can relax and not over react I think multi strains are the way to go.

MY method;
Learn the art of NO STRESS growing.
This where you don't stress and you just grow and see...
You can still stress and train plant, just don't worry about things. Pay attention like you are and decide to deal with them or wait and see.
I appreciate the input. That's kinda what I was thinking, with mixed thoughts of what 2Bad was also saying haha. If anything I thought about doing 5-6 packs of a single strain just to understand the process and what's it's doing thoroughly before venturing out to more.

Top Bottom