First time grow. Sour diesel

• Thread starter Ryboburton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

So. It’s my first grow. Have some good help but not in person over the phone. Growing in soil nectar of the gods number 4 with all nectar nutes. They got their first half feed today. Started with seeds and planted in solo cups although I didn’t have enough drainage as I overwatered at one point. Hence I hope the yellow leaves. They immeadiately got droopy and showed all signs of overwatering. Now in three gallon pots will switch to five gallon smart pots for flower. Growing under 315 ceramic currently in an all stainless steel grow room. It is vented and temp is 74 or so with 55% rh. After the overwater and soon to be root bound plants are showing signs of new growth and starting to sprout three fingered leaves. Plants have been under 24 light until tomorrow when I planned to switch them to 19-5. Just because of my time constraints. Any help would be great appreciated. Plan on fimming and some last to control heights but I do have approx 6 foot of plant vertical grow space

First time grow   sour diesel
First time grow   sour diesel 2
First time grow   sour diesel 3
First time grow   sour diesel 4
First time grow   sour diesel 5
First time grow   sour diesel 6
First time grow   sour diesel 7
First time grow   sour diesel 8
First time grow   sour diesel 9
First time grow   sour diesel 10
First time grow   sour diesel 11
First time grow   sour diesel 12
First time grow   sour diesel 13
HiDaze

HiDaze

So. It’s my first grow. Have some good help but not in person over the phone. Growing in soil nectar of the gods number 4 with all nectar nutes. They got their first half feed today. Started with seeds and planted in solo cups although I didn’t have enough drainage as I overwatered at one point. Hence I hope the yellow leaves. They immeadiately got droopy and showed all signs of overwatering. Now in three gallon pots will switch to five gallon smart pots for flower. Growing under 315 ceramic currently in an all stainless steel grow room. It is vented and temp is 74 or so with 55% rh. After the overwater and soon to be root bound plants are showing signs of new growth and starting to sprout three fingered leaves. Plants have been under 24 light until tomorrow when I planned to switch them to 19-5. Just because of my time constraints. Any help would be great appreciated. Plan on fimming and some last to control heights but I do have approx 6 foot of plant vertical grow space
I would let them mature a bit before adding nutes. The root system is still fighting to establish itself. Outside of a myco additive they shouldnt need much.

Granted I am not familiar with your soil. FFOF is a bit hot for seedlings. Mine seem to do fine until they start pushing out the 2nd/3rd nodes. Always seems to burn their first nodes.

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Thanks for the input. I’m just doing exactly what my friend an established grower is doing. The got a very light light feed

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Thanks. I look at them everyday and after the overwater there’s significant new growth so going to let them be and see how they do. Anyone have experience with sour d?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Thanks. I look at them everyday and after the overwater there’s significant new growth so going to let them be and see how they do. Anyone have experience with sour d?
Yea lots of experience .......
Here are a few thoughts , shes finicky as hell , be prepared For sensitivity to nutrients , sensitivity to heat , sensitive to strict light schedeules...
Be prepared for a tall stretch when flowering...
Be prepared to wait 75 to 80 days for best finish result
Be prepared for the loudest stink , get adequate air odor control
Be prepared
For late flower hermaphrodites ( usually harmless
Nanners )

Be prepared to be rewarded with some world class weed and be proud that you succeded growing it
Good luck.....

Can you post a pic of the seed package ?

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey rybo , excellent ...
Didnt mean to scare you with all the sensitive issues , they can also grow aggressive and really strong and eat up nutrients with no problems , just that there are a lot of variations of the original diesels from 20 years ago,

Im sure your humbolts are more stable in the modern version
They normall will take a little longer than most other strains , but end product is amazing ....

Your seedlings look like they are off to a great start , please post pics along the way 😊

Also , ignore the hermaphrodite warning , that usually happens with original clones not feminized seeds.....

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Will do. I’m looking forward to seeing them grow as well. I cannot stand an Indica high and won’t even take it if given to me. I’m planning on flowering them at about 18 inches because of the height at least the first time to make sure they don’t get away from me. Does fimming them work well by the way?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Will do. I’m looking forward to seeing them grow as well. I cannot stand an Indica high and won’t even take it if given to me. I’m planning on flowering them at about 18 inches because of the height at least the first time to make sure they don’t get away from me. Does fimming them work well by the way?
Ill post a pic of a fimmed sour in a min , yea you can fimm , but i found different plant sources fimmed unpredictably , maybe for first time i would just top , hmmm
Im not sure in humbolt case , im sure fimm would work out fine ....

dire wolf

dire wolf

Ill post a pic of a fimmed sour in a min , yea you can fimm , but i found different plant sources fimmed unpredictably , maybe for first time i would just top , hmmm
Im not sure in humbolt case , im sure fimm would work out fine ....
Go to my photo gallery , its the pic above the colorful sticker drawing that says NRPS

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea i hear ya about the indica high , the sour diesel will be perfect , the high is incredable

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

It’ll be a while but I can’t wait. How much low stress training do you do with your girls? How well do you they hold themselves up etc

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

What’s your typical yield per plant. I know nothing is set in stone but I’ve read they can get big

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

Yea lots of experience .......
Here are a few thoughts , shes finicky as hell , be prepared For sensitivity to nutrients , sensitivity to heat , sensitive to strict light schedeules...
Be prepared for a tall stretch when flowering...
Be prepared to wait 75 to 80 days for best finish result
Be prepared for the loudest stink , get adequate air odor control
Be prepared
For late flower hermaphrodites ( usually harmless
Nanners )

Be prepared to be rewarded with some world class weed and be proud that you succeded growing it
Good luck.....

Can you post a pic of the seed package ?
I finished my first grow in 10 years a few months back and had 3 SD clones. She was the highest yielder, stretched the most but was very easy to grow. Seemed to suck up all the nutes I could give her. My only complaint was the buds were a little airy but that was grower error.
For the next run I have some Saget and Pie Face OG to add, not sure if I’ll do the SD again this round.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey rybo , yield is light dependant etc
The sd is a good yielder , what size light are you using ?
How long you veg and container size are also factors ....
You can get 2 oz easy per plant , but it varies , you can get more

dire wolf

dire wolf

I finished my first grow in 10 years a few months back and had 3 SD clones. She was the highest yielder, stretched the most but was very easy to grow. Seemed to suck up all the nutes I could give her. My only complaint was the buds were a little airy but that was grower error.
For the next run I have some Saget and Pie Face OG to add, not sure if I’ll do the SD again this round.
Hey fisherman , do you have a pic of the bud or sd plant ?

Top Bottom