First time grow, strange history included, unknown strains, 2 month harvest perpetual garden setup

• Thread starter Duddles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Duddles

Duddles

PLEASE FOLLOW ALONG, GIVE ME TIPS, PRAISE, SUGGESTIONS, HATE AND LOVE!
I'll update once a week. If you know this strain, please let me know!

It all started about a year ago when my buddy gave me a weed seed.

It was out of a bag of what he claimed was "Lamb'sBread".
I tossed it into a growing pot with some random soil from the Church's planters next door.

I stuck it into my clothing closet under an aquarium light not expecting anything to grow.

This was my first time with a marijuana seed.

About 2 weeks later I noticed my plant was growing (It was still a seedling).
The plant only grew to be about 12" tall in total and I had grown it for almost 9 months under a very weak light.
It seems to be a very hardy plant as for at least 2 weeks I know I had forgotten to water it.

I started flowering the plant and it was a female!
The mother plant was small, bushy, dark green fat short leaves and bright yellow buds (almost whitish buds).

Here she is (might be very hard to see)

First time grow strange history included unknown strains 2 month harvest perpetual garden setu

I took 4 clones of the plant and started planning.

This is what I came up with:
(For Harvesting every 2 months)

Permanent Vegging Tent:

Tent Dimensions: 2ft x 4 ft x 5ft

Manufacturer: VivoSun

(7) 3 gallon buckets.

(2) ViparSpectra 1000 LED w/ Dimmable Flowering and Vegging lights.

(1) 4" inline exhaust fan with carbon filter.

(1) Humidfier

(1) 8" fan

(3) Bags Aurora ROOTS ORIGINAL

(2) Bottles Aurora BUDDHA GROW

(1) Humidity / Temperature gauge

This tent is setup for 100% vegging plants and starting clones. Lights are 24 hours on. Veg is 2 months with very intensive mainlining tactics (usually 16 main coala sites) and defoliation, low stress training (tying down) as well. I focus only on the strongest branches and with a 2 month veg time, each branch is usually about the size of a pencil around, sometimes maybe a little less. I will trim all weak looking branches. When the flowering time on the Permanent Flowering Tent is within 2 weeks of harvesting, I will take clones of the plants inside the Permanent Veg Tent and put them into Red Solo cups.

The mother plant (and all her clones) only grow either 7 or 9 fan blades and a few 11's.

How I do clones:

I snip a good looking thick branch about 7" long. I strip all leaves for about 5" and scrape the outside of the branch so the green tender part is exposed. Then I take scissors and actually cut the stem in half for about 4 inches. I plant and water with just regular water. I use the bottom of a 2 litre soda bottle for a humidity dome and place it into the floor of the Permanent Vegging Tent. This ensures it has light 24 hours a day, but weaker as it is under the canopy and the humidty dome ensures a very high humidty. They will be here for 2 weeks as their roots get ready. After 2 weeks (right after the vegged plants are being moved into the flowering tent) the clones are moved into their 3 gallon pots for their start of 2 months of vegging. Mark that date on the calendar!

The veg tent runs at about 75% humidity and it works perfectly. The temperature is almost a constant 80-85 degrees.
The plants explode in growth.

I start giving nutrients when the plant has been moved to the 3 gallon pot for 2 weeks (The plant is 2 weeks in clone and 2 weeks in veg pot).
I usually give a dose of Aurora Buddha Grow to each vegging plant about every week. I have never had issues with any kind of nutrient burn.
I spray my plants daily with plain water. This increases humidity, plus, for me, I just think it helps them grow better.

After 2 months of vegging (2 weeks as a clone + 2 calendar months in veg tent) the plants are transferred to their 5 gallon flowering buckets and moved to the:

Permanent Flowering Tent:

Tent Dimensions:4ft x 4 ft x 6ft

Manufacturer: AgroMax

(7) 5 gallon buckets

(1) Dehumidifier

(1) large oscillating fan

(1) 6" Inline fan and Carbon Filter

(4) Large Bags Aurora Roots Original

(1) Humidity / Temperature gauge.

(1) 24 hours light timer

(1) 4x4' lattice

To start the flip, we put all plants into 72 hours of pure darkness.
After that, we set the lights to the standard 12/12.

The lights are HTG Supply 7-Band 2.1 540 Watt Led Grow Lights.
From their website, "660nm Deep Red for Chlorophyll A, 630nm Bright Red for Chlorophyll B, 460nm Bright Blue for Chlorophyll B, 430nm Deep Blue for Chlorophyll A, 10,000 Kelvin White/Blue spectrum to fill out a complete light spectrum needed for plants to grow properly, 390 nm UV Light and 850nm InfraRed (IR) Spectrum for VIGOR and Mold/Mildew Prevention. "

We had tried the ViparSpectra 1000 watt lights at first for flowering but after reading about the lights we use now and watching youtube videos, we tried them and can tell you, the buds are much more dense, they just have a clump look about them compared to the ones growing under the ViparSpectra in the same tent.

I like to tie down the tallest buds with plant wire and I check it about every 2 - 3 days, sometimes having to re-tie down branches.
Also in the first week of flowering, I always cut off the tiny branches growing under the canopy (The ones in the shade).

The first week of flowering I give a very light dose of Buddha Grow and Buddha Bloom.
The second week I give a stronger dose of Buddha grow and Buddha Bloom.
I also mix in one teaspoon of Fish Sh!t nutrients, this stuff works WONDERS on every feeding during flowering season.
I know some people don't like to use it because of the odor, which is true, it does stink, but, I can tell you, if you haven't tried it yet, you need to.

About 2 weeks after flowering, this is what we have ( I need to re-tie down unruly branches tonight):

Strain: Unknown
Flowering time: 2 weeks, 4 days (Including 72 hours pure darkness)

The flowers are a very bright yellow/white. The smell is... they are easily smelled once the tent is opened.

First time grow strange history included unknown strains 2 month harvest perpetual garden setu 2

The canopy:

First time grow strange history included unknown strains 2 month harvest perpetual garden setu 3

I will bookmark and update this thread weekly. Any questions, suggestions, tips, hate, love, etc., please don't hesitate.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

And to think, all of that happened from the gift of one seed. It definitely looks like you are getting the hang of growing. Good luck with your perpetual setup. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Duddles

Duddles

And to think, all of that happened from the gift of one seed. It definitely looks like you are getting the hang of growing. Good luck with your perpetual setup. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

My question is... My buds look a lot larger than what the websites show for growing timelines. That pic above I just took less than 5 minutes ago, at 2 weeks 4 days of flowering and it's actually one of the smaller buds...

Is this plant an indica hybrid or sativa? I have no idea.

Duddles

Duddles

UPDATE

I'm not quite sure what's going on, my temperatures have shot up during the day.
I have now moved the lights to almost 18" above the canopy however, high temperatures are still present (80-85 F)

Day:

Temp:88
Humidity: 40

Night:

Temp 70
Humidity:45

So far it doesn't seem to be affecting anything much, I have heard some growers push their temps to mid 80s - 90s.

Also, some of the buds now have purple hairs...?

Flowering time: 2 weeks, 6 days (Including 72 hours pure darkness)

Purple? Is this normal? It's hard to see in the picture (I'm half blind) but in the middle of the bud you can see a dark purple hair. It's not a light trick either, I checked with clean lights instead of grow lights. Strange.

IMG 20200113 020650

Is this pretty normal size for a 3 week old bud? I hope so. About as big around as a nickel

Duddles

Duddles

Does anyone actually read this?

Today I did massive trimming, exactly 3 weeks (21 days into flowering). I know a lot of people say to NOT defoliate during flowering, but, from what I have seen, at the beginning of the 3rd week if you do defoliate (BIG TIME) then you will get some massive buds.

We shall find out!

Here's a beauty :)

IMG 20200113 203248

I'd also like to report that after trimming all of the plants, my 87 year old mother came for a visit.
After less than a minute she asked me if I had rotten cheese somewhere.

I know she can't smell the plants, they are in the basement and under carbon filters, so she must have been smelling my hands when I got done defoliating.

So I guess my plants smell like rotten cheese?

Last edited:
Duddles

Duddles

UPDATE

I'm not quite sure what's going on, I'm being invaded by tiny gnats, but I have diatomacious earth so they can go fuck themselves :)

Day:

Temp:82
Humidity: 26

Night:

Temp 66
Humidity:40

Flowering time: 4 weeks (Including 72 hours pure darkness)

QUESTION!!!!! Is this normal size for 4 weeks of flowering? I would have thought they'd have fattened up by now. Each nug is about 3" long and about a big around as a US nickel. (Maybe 1" in diameter).

IMG 20200121 041457

IMG 20200121 041745

IMG 20200121 041548

Dbear180

Dbear180

Watch out for gnats, fliers get stuck in your buds. Looks like your on track tho. They swell the most in the last two weeks before they are ready.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

UPDATE

I'm not quite sure what's going on, I'm being invaded by tiny gnats, but I have diatomacious earth so they can go fuck themselves :)

Day:

Night:

Temp 66

QUESTION!!!!! Is this normal size for 4 weeks of flowering? I would have thought they'd have fattened up by now. Each nug is about 3" long and about a big around as a US nickel. (Maybe 1" in diameter).

View attachment 932194

View attachment 932195

View attachment 932196
its all strain dependent on the size of the buds at 4 weeks. they look like small healthy plants!

Duddles

Duddles

There is about 30 nugs on EACH plant!

At any rate, yea, screw those gnat guys, I dusted everything with Diatomacious earth!

Hey thanks for replying guys, I post and post but was wondering if people even read the grow diaries!

So thanks!

Dbear180

Dbear180

Dont be discouraged, people are usually cruising thru the new posts, if nothing is goin on in your thread tho it gets buried in the older stuff. Just keep posting 👍

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

UPDATE

Day:

Night:

Temp 66

View attachment 932194

View attachment 932195

View attachment 932196
Environment and strain are huge contributors to how the growth goes. They look really nice. I’ve found my biggest change/ filling out happens in week 6-8. Be patient.

Duddles

Duddles

Environment and strain are huge contributors to how the growth goes. They look really nice. I’ve found my biggest change/ filling out happens in week 6-8. Be patient.

Here's a good question, well two:

#1. I took clones of each plant, have 7 clones here. The issue is when I took the clones they were in their 2cd week of flowering and ALL have buds on them... How long will it take till I can flip them? Is it including clone root time (usually 2 weeks) ?

#2. I have heard of Sea of Green. What would happen if I took clones enough to fill 40 solo red cups and just veg and flip in same container? I am guessing it would be a low harvest? Bigger harvest? Faster harvest? No idea. so I have read a ton about it but everyone is very technical and as the saying goes "I'm high don't ask me shit" I'm pretty baked so what I'm asking is...What would happen if I took clones enough to fill 40 solo red cups and just veg and flip in same container?

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Above my pay grade, but I believe you can go right into flower. I will say that flowering in solo sized cups can’t be easy b/c they will be asking to be watered all day long. Look for the forum in here Solo cup challenge, it looks demanding.
Hopefully you will get some pro advice.

Top Bottom