First time grow tent grower

• Thread starter DrGreenThumb905
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SSgrower

SSgrower

Your using 5 gal material bags w/Pro-Mix 70% peat w/coco &perlite?

SSgrower

SSgrower

That is the potting mix I am in for my seedlings, I've never grown in "Peat", what I do know is it retains moisture well. But's it's got nutrients in it already, adding supplements to it I can't help you with as I switch to Coco/perlite 70% coco. I'll follow this thread to see how your grow finishes. I picked up my Pro-mix at Walmart in a rush, never used it before, my seedlings are liking it?

JakeFromDutchpro

JakeFromDutchpro

This thread is great! A good documentation of growth! Are you spraying anything on your plants atm? If no, I would check your airflow because you might have a little bit of Powdering Mildew. For the thripes i recommend Lost Coast or Trifecta those helped me out a ton and the smell isn't overwhelming!

DrGreenThumb905

DrGreenThumb905

That is the potting mix I am in for my seedlings, I've never grown in "Peat", what I do know is it retains moisture well. But's it's got nutrients in it already, adding supplements to it I can't help you with as I switch to Coco/perlite 70% coco. I'll follow this thread to see how your grow finishes. I picked up my Pro-mix at Walmart in a rush, never used it before, my seedlings are liking it?
Yeah the Pro-Mix does have nutrients and is a good start (only read online lol) I took that information and only used plain water for the first 3 weeks then started the Diablo Nutrients every other watering and didn’t notice any issue. I’m now into flower and feed nutrients every time.

DrGreenThumb905

DrGreenThumb905

This thread is great! A good documentation of growth! Are you spraying anything on your plants atm? If no, I would check your airflow because you might have a little bit of Powdering Mildew. For the thripes i recommend Lost Coast or Trifecta those helped me out a ton and the smell isn't overwhelming!
Thanks Jake, this is definitely a learning curve. The white power is diatomaceous earth. I have added this to the top layer of soil and also dusted this on the plants after finding small fungus flies in the tent.
After a week of this I have no fly issues. One more thing I added was neem oil for one feeding.

Top Bottom