First time grower. Are these ready?

• Thread starter Qnola
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Qnola

Qnola

Take a look at my first ever plant. I’d greatly appreciate any input anyone has to offer. The weather is getting colder here in Upstate NY and I think my plant is to the point of completion. Can anyone confirm or suggest how much longer I should wait?
Also if I need better pictures just lmk.
Thank you!!

First time grower are these ready
First time grower are these ready 2
First time grower are these ready 3
First time grower are these ready 4
First time grower are these ready 5
First time grower are these ready 6
First time grower are these ready 7
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Judging from the white stigmas (that are turning red) I would say at least 2 weeks, but you're eventually going to have a frost and you know better than I do when that will be.

Plant growth and development stops when temperatures are below about 50 F, so when temperatures don't get much higher than that, you might as well chop them.

Qnola

Qnola

That’s great news! I’ve been preparing for this moment and ready to get to work. Thank you!

RavynJax

RavynJax

A lot of white in the trichomes still, yet it's virtually impossible to tell the clarity without a jewelers glass. Get yourself a jewelers magnifier and inspect the trichomes. The trichomes will be milky colored and when you start seeing brown, orange, purple or other colors keep a close eye on the milky trichomes. When approximately half the trichomes become clear it's time to harvest. If you harvest with this as a guide you will be harvesting when your plants have reached it highest THC levels and before the bud turns sour and bitter.

Madmax

Madmax

Agree def the best way to know..60x works well..welldone getting to the end of your first grow brother 👍

Madbud

Madbud

Since its your first grow i suggest using a scale during drying. Its hard to guess when she is dried enough to jar. You can bend the branches and wait til the buds snap off clean and you can weigh a nice stem every day til it stops losing weight, about six or seven days. Jarring too soon (wet) will grow mold, too late (dry) and the buds won’t cure.

Top Bottom