First Time grower- Autoflower follow along- Advice is much welcomed

• Thread starter Cook2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cook2010

Cook2010

Hey all this is my first attempt ever to grow cannabis. follow along and please give advice where needed it will be much appreciated

below is a list of the equipment i will be using

1000w phytomax-2 LED by black dog
AC infinity 6 inch inline fan and carbon filter
2 oscillating fans
Humidifier
Dehumidifier
14000 btu LG portable AC which is wyed into the Infinity exhaust point

For growing medium I decided on coco loco by fox farm and used it right from the bag
For nutes I have organic dry nutrients by Gaia green which i havent applied yet
I will be growing auto flowers out of 3 gallon fabric pots.

i have a 5x5 gorilla grow tent that is in a 8x10 garage built room insulated with fiberglass batts and foam insulation on every wall including floor and ceiling its like a huge yeti cooler lol

Planted 16 seeds 5/9/2020 so its been about 2 days since.

the following strains

Super Lemon Haze Auto-3
Blue Dream' Auto-3
GDP Auto x Gumberry Auto-4
Dark Devil Auto -3
Green Crack Auto-3

I was originally having trouble keeping the humidity higher because this Light is putting off some heat and im having to run this inline alot so i added some little cups to help i hope maybe i need a better humidifier idk. hopefully they all pop tommorow im so anxious i feel like a kid.

thanks for checking in let me know any advice yall may have for me

First time grower  autoflower follow along  advice is much welcomed
First time grower  autoflower follow along  advice is much welcomed 2
First time grower  autoflower follow along  advice is much welcomed 3
First time grower  autoflower follow along  advice is much welcomed 4
First time grower  autoflower follow along  advice is much welcomed 5
First time grower  autoflower follow along  advice is much welcomed 6
First time grower  autoflower follow along  advice is much welcomed 7
First time grower  autoflower follow along  advice is much welcomed 8
Cook2010

Cook2010

update 5/13/2020
day 4 after dropping seeds
6 have sprouted (missed one picture)

2 blue dream
3 super lemon haze
1 green crack

( still waiting on )
1 blue dream
3 dark devils
4 GDP

IMG 5044
IMG 5045
IMG 5046
IMG 5047
IMG 5048
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Went for broke on the first grow it looks like!
One thing, look up VPD. 81F and 41RH is pretty hot and dry for seedlings. VPD will give a better target for temp/humidity of your space.

You already mentioned having an issue with getting humidity up, but it’ll at least give you an idea of where you should be at 27C.

andrienw

andrienw

Hey all this is my first attempt ever to grow cannabis. follow along and please give advice where needed it will be much appreciated

below is a list of the equipment i will be using

1000w phytomax-2 LED by black dog
AC infinity 6 inch inline fan and carbon filter
2 oscillating fans
Humidifier
Dehumidifier
14000 btu LG portable AC which is wyed into the Infinity exhaust point

For growing medium I decided on coco loco by fox farm and used it right from the bag
For nutes I have organic dry nutrients by Gaia green which i havent applied yet
I will be growing auto flowers out of 3 gallon fabric pots.

i have a 5x5 gorilla grow tent that is in a 8x10 garage built room insulated with fiberglass batts and foam insulation on every wall including floor and ceiling its like a huge yeti cooler lol

Planted 16 seeds 5/9/2020 so its been about 2 days since.

the following strains

Super Lemon Haze Auto-3
Blue Dream' Auto-3
GDP Auto x Gumberry Auto-4
Dark Devil Auto -3
Green Crack Auto-3

I was originally having trouble keeping the humidity higher because this Light is putting off some heat and im having to run this inline alot so i added some little cups to help i hope maybe i need a better humidifier idk. hopefully they all pop tommorow im so anxious i feel like a kid.

thanks for checking in let me know any advice yall may have for me

andrienw

andrienw

Sorry about my last blank post. I hit Post by accident before typing anything. How far down did you put the seeds?

Cook2010

Cook2010

Went for broke on the first grow it looks like!
One thing, look up VPD. 81F and 41RH is pretty hot and dry for seedlings. VPD will give a better target for temp/humidity of your space.

You already mentioned having an issue with getting humidity up, but it’ll at least give you an idea of where you should be at 27C.

ok, looked into VPD i actually have a Thermal gun on the way for the leaf temp. Ill def read more into it and try and build a spreadsheet for this.
i know blackdog claims leaf temps will be 5-7 degrees lower then ambient temps and 85 degrees is ideal for the tent. ideally leaf temp should be 78-80 in this range.
in the meantime ill try and keep that humidity up thank you very much

Cook2010

Cook2010

Sorry about my last blank post. I hit Post by accident before typing anything. How far down did you put the seeds?
maybe 3/8 inch if im trying to be precise. i just used my finger to make a small hole.

andrienw

andrienw

maybe 3/8 inch if im trying to be precise. i just used my finger to make a small hole.
Ok, yeah that’s good. I know some people shove them down 2-3” for some reason. That never made sense to me. I had a shell that was taking forever to fall of once it breached thru the soil so I took a tweezers and tried to help it but the cotyledon broke off. I thought I had killed it but it grew back in a couple days. They’re pretty resilient even in the early days.

Cook2010

Cook2010

So im at 15/16 seeds popping now 4 days later. all looking heathy so far from what i can tell other than one and thats cause it has an extra leaf

IMG 5067
Moshmen

Moshmen

ok, looked into VPD i actually have a Thermal gun on the way for the leaf temp. Ill def read more into it and try and build a spreadsheet for this.
i know blackdog claims leaf temps will be 5-7 degrees lower then ambient temps and 85 degrees is ideal for the tent. ideally leaf temp should be 78-80 in this range.
in the meantime ill try and keep that humidity up thank you very much
There are plenty of good vpd threads here on the farm charts too! Very helpful

Cook2010

Cook2010

hey Guys giving an update
15/16 popped a couple have some mutations but i hope they will be fine.
tomorrow morning at 2am will be exactly 7 days since i planted them
they have been above ground for 4 days now

I have raised my lights to lower the temp and slow my AC infinity to allow more humidity to stay in the tent

rn temps are 79
RH is 68

Been using tap with dechlorinated
can ph water if needed

thanks in advance

IMG 5080
IMG 5081
IMG 5082
IMG 5083
IMG 5084
IMG 5085
IMG 5086 1
IMG 5087
IMG 5088
IMG 5089
IMG 5090
IMG 5091
IMG 5092
IMG 5093
Cook2010

Cook2010

Im experiencing some Heat Issues, my room is 72 degrees that the tent is in. My 6inch Ac infinity is on the max setting creating alot of negative pressure pulling in the cool air but my tent is getting up to 92 degrees at times. is this 1000w LEd to much for a 5x5 tent? should i delete the tent and use the whole room? any other cooling options for my tent currently? i have a portable AC but dont rally want positive pressure in the tent

Cook2010

Cook2010

the leaf temps are 6-7degrees cooler then the ambient air temps so leaves are around 85 most of the time currently

Cook2010

Cook2010

Ok another update these are about 8 days since germination. I went ahead and hooked up my other portable AC to help with the heat issues. I started reading my tap waters Ph and it measured around 7.6 so i ph'd and watered at 6.5 for the past 3 days. this AC situation is only temporary until my 12000btu mini can be installed next week. Currently feels like my door is getting sucked in from all the negative pressure in the room so i know its sealed really well. so i need an AC that intakes and blows air from withing my room. When i get this i will delete the 5x5 and just use the whole room!!!!

IMG 5152
IMG 5153
IMG 5154
IMG 5155
IMG 5156
IMG 5157
IMG 5158
IMG 5159
IMG 5160
IMG 5161
IMG 5162
IMG 5163
IMG 5164
IMG 5165
IMG 5166
IMG 5167
IMG 5168
IMG 5169
Cook2010

Cook2010

As if 2020 can’t get any worse, lasted a whole month. Luckily I have it being swapped where I bought it. But that’s a 4 hour drive lol.

So yeah I’m gonna keep running this until Wednesday and then I’ll have it replaced.

This issue is now putting my mini split back 2 weeks....

So yeah the sealed room design is gonna be pushed back another 2 weeks

Plants still look ok

Cook2010

Cook2010

hey all so the light problem is fixed, the Mini split was installed so i sealed my door today with some weather stripping. overall room is way coooler and AC barely runs now. I think im ready for summer. I will be deleting the tent soon when i get some slotted angle to hand my lights. open it up from a 5x5 to a 8x10. I have another 1000w ready to hang.

19 days since planting
3 weeks on sunday

IMG 5294
IMG 5295
IMG 5296
IMG 5299
IMG 5300
Cook2010

Cook2010

another update all plants are now flowering.
Currently running temps around 83 humidty 50-60
last sunday 6/1 i top dressed the coco with 4-4-4 gaia green and some 2-8-4 bloom
still watering with a PH of 6.5
currently just scrubbing air no exhaust no more heat issues with the mini split.
have a C02 sugar/yeast bottle keeping room co2 around 900ppm better then nothing i suppose.

yesterday did a little defoliation and LST trying to fill out the canopy of the 5x5 a little more

any advice let me know thanks guys

IMG 5342
IMG 5343
IMG 5344
IMG 5345
IMG 5346

Latest posts

Top Bottom