First Time grower- Autoflower follow along- Advice is much welcomed

• Thread starter Cook2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cook2010

Cook2010

Your autos look great! What a nice set up.

thank you, i have alot of times on my hands working from home now days so i dove deeeeeeeep into a new hobby lmao. I researched alot and have founds loads of great information on this forum such a great resource

Moshmen

Moshmen

Natural light pictures would help but they look over/underwatered ? Also the curling leaf tips are first sign of nitro tox. Looks great man ! Keep on rockin just keep and eye on em

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Nice light, if i had that i would not grow autos but thats all i grow, do not feed till at least day 21 or your seedling is a small plant, go really light on nutrients they need less than half the nutes of a photoperiod, autos flower with age not photoperiod, you keep them in veg till they top off, ( no longer grow vertical) i usalley keep mine in veg till around day 50 strain dependent, i feed botanacare pro grow a nice light food they luv 2ml per gal, after your plant is topped and in full flower you flush out the food and i use Atami Bloombastic 2ml per gal go light or you will burn them, you can lst them, most srains dont mind a light prune if nessasary, the thing you really have to remember is they are notoriously easy to nute burn, your running 1000w? You want to be careful to keep light far enough away to avoid light burn, i use 600w led and 24inc is my sweet spot your going to have to figure out your optimal distance, never run multiple strains some will be bigger and small plants will suffer, just started a new grow myself 2 SODK and 1 srawberry nug, i know only 1 strain at a time but plants are about same size and am only running 3 so yea been running autos 9 years continually the most important advice is nutrients and how easy it is to burn these things, pic is from a grow i just finished samsqatch og auto. Nice size nug in last pic, pulled 42g of flower off 1 plant. Another i was running refused to flower that happens sometimes with autos. Well you have a great set up you should do great good luck, oh never saw that mix, i use fox farms ocean forest exclusively, happy frog is a bit hotter and some autos dont like it, but fox farms is a great mix.

20200604 170704
20200604 170716
20200610 201758
Cook2010

Cook2010

Natural light pictures would help but they look over/underwatered ? Also the curling leaf tips are first sign of nitro tox. Looks great man ! Keep on rockin just keep and eye on em
Probably under it that’s the case it was 2 days and they dry out so quickly in these small 3 gallon pots. Next time I’ll post in regular lighting thank you for pointing that out.

Cook2010

Cook2010

Nice light, if i had that i would not grow autos but thats all i grow, do not feed till at least day 21 or your seedling is a small plant, go really light on nutrients they need less than half the nutes of a photoperiod, autos flower with age not photoperiod, you keep them in veg till they top off, ( no longer grow vertical) i usalley keep mine in veg till around day 50 strain dependent, i feed botanacare pro grow a nice light food they luv 2ml per gal, after your plant is topped and in full flower you flush out the food and i use Atami Bloombastic 2ml per gal go light or you will burn them, you can lst them, most srains dont mind a light prune if nessasary, the thing you really have to remember is they are notoriously easy to nute burn, your running 1000w? You want to be careful to keep light far enough away to avoid light burn, i use 600w led and 24inc is my sweet spot your going to have to figure out your optimal distance, never run multiple strains some will be bigger and small plants will suffer, just started a new grow myself 2 SODK and 1 srawberry nug, i know only 1 strain at a time but plants are about same size and am only running 3 so yea been running autos 9 years continually the most important advice is nutrients and how easy it is to burn these things, pic is from a grow i just finished samsqatch og auto. Nice size nug in last pic, pulled 42g of flower off 1 plant. Another i was running refused to flower that happens sometimes with autos. Well you have a great set up you should do great good luck, oh never saw that mix, i use fox farms ocean forest exclusively, happy frog is a bit hotter and some autos dont like it, but fox farms is a great mix.
yea next run will be photoperiod plants, wanted to dabble in the autos the first run to get a grow under my belt. thank you for the insight

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
ok, looked into VPD i actually have a Thermal gun on the way for the leaf temp. Ill def read more into it and try and build a spreadsheet for this.
i know blackdog claims leaf temps will be 5-7 degrees lower then ambient temps and 85 degrees is ideal for the tent. ideally leaf temp should be 78-80 in this range.
in the meantime ill try and keep that humidity up thank you very much

Very Nice room &setup you have there. 🍻 🥂

regarding your vpd & charting efforts. You might want to take a look at this.... https://pulsegrow.com/products/pulse-one

expensive but worth every penny imho. so much so that i have purchased four and plan to buy at least 2 more.

Happy Growing!! 🍻😎

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
thats legit! now i want one lol thanks if only it has c02

They are working on it!

They push updates to the units about once a quarter. June 1st introduced the 2 hour graphs on the main display page so you don't have to click to get to graph.

Top Bottom