First Time Grower/ Best Bang For The Buck /budget Grow

• Thread starter Eyebedam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irietime

Irietime

That's about what Its mixed now. Maybe even a little lighter than that.
I've used ffof almost exclusively and never had any issues sprouting and growing killer head stash. That being said, maybe I should mix it, maybe I'll try it as an experiment, see if there's any apparent benefits. Peace

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

No that would be Kick-Ass. But they are a little overpriced.

I actually have a line on this set-up here at a really good price.. It was used for 1 grow but also comes with new spare bulbs. If the price is right I may try this hood & bulb combo out.

Growlab GL120 Tent

Solis-Tek 1000w digital ballast with bulb (adjustable 400,600,1000w)

Sun system 8 inch blockbuster air cooled hood

Sunleaves 8in inline fan

Phresh 8 inch carbon scrubber

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I actually have a line on this set-up here at a really good price.. It was used for 1 grow but also comes with new spare bulbs. If the price is right I may try this hood & bulb combo out.

Growlab GL120 Tent

Solis-Tek 1000w digital ballast with bulb (adjustable 400,600,1000w)

Sun system 8 inch blockbuster air cooled hood

Sunleaves 8in inline fan

Phresh 8 inch carbon scrubber
You might be okay with that if you can control the heat. But you have to look out for those used ballasts especially if they're not high quality name brand.

Irietime

Irietime

Yeah I'm going through issues on seeds again. I was gonna get white widow x Girl Scout cookies fem, northern lights auto , and regular old school skunk but they bill from random places and in the USA you can't have them bill from 80% of the countries outside USA. USA banks even credit cards lock the purchases on them to USA only. So I'm thinking of rolling dice at cash or western union. I might actually try a seed bank that actually is in USA but hard to find. It's just a lot of bull fighting for weeks to get a place to bill from somewhere where I can actually send money. Then got to go through customs too so it's 2 strikes off the top every time I need seeds. I need a male plant.
Check out green point seeds from Colorado, no issues using my card and fast delivery

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I've been growing LED for three years now, and will say, one light covers about a 4x2 area which is why I run four in my 4x8 and that's not accounting for any cross lighting which is definitely happening. Can't speak for cob, just never tried it, heard it was dope. If I could give you any suggestion, in which I noticed full body results from, is switching my veg cycle from led to power veg t5. I only run 4 bulbs from a 8 lamp fixture and even that has done wonders. Since you're just starting out, deal with your setup for a bit longer, have your friends get into your product, and then go purchase yourself something worth waiting for. I can't even express the inter node development from a t5 and only running 4 bulbs will not give you a big burden on your utility bill. And yeah one might think, you're only running 4 "300" watt lamps....I know I'm not getting yeilds like you hps guys, but the key is to train your plants,l with LEDs because they DO lack lumens and output that a HpS or MH can give you....

Mars hydro 300w, and 600w are perfect and idea for my setup and the quality and yeild don't lack because I put the work into my veg cycle. @Irietime he runs leds, and I've seen amazing quality come off his grows, check out his bare bones thread in diaries he's got a nice new set up in the works

BudBogart

BudBogart

Yeah I'm going through issues on seeds again. I was gonna get white widow x Girl Scout cookies fem, northern lights auto , and regular old school skunk but they bill from random places and in the USA you can't have them bill from 80% of the countries outside USA. USA banks even credit cards lock the purchases on them to USA only. So I'm thinking of rolling dice at cash or western union. I might actually try a seed bank that actually is in USA but hard to find. It's just a lot of bull fighting for weeks to get a place to bill from somewhere where I can actually send money. Then got to go through customs too so it's 2 strikes off the top every time I need seeds. I need a male plant.

I used an international wire transfer one time. Cost $45. Then the banker asked what the purchase was for. A sweater? I replied. Awkward. Check out The Choice.

Monster762

Monster762

I used an international wire transfer one time. Cost $45. Then the banker asked what the purchase was for. A sweater? I replied. Awkward. Check out The Choice.
I'm thinking of trying a bank called southern Oregon seeds. In USA. Bill from us ship in us so no customs check. Carry sensi and a lot of known brands. Anyone heard of them.

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

So here we are at Day 42... plants are to dam tall for the tent now lol... I'm trying to try them down some for some light clearance. Current tent is 48x30x60. Gonna grab a 48x48x80 & pic up another light. I was planning on getting a larger tent for my next grow & use my current as a veg tent. I guess I'm just having to move it ahead a little earlier than planned.

IMG 7623
IMG 7624
IMG 7625
IMG 7626
IMG 7627
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

So here we are at Day 42... plants are to dam tall for the tent now lol... I'm trying to try them down some for some light clearance. Current tent is 48x30x60. Gonna grab a 48x48x80 & pic up another light. I was planning on getting a larger tent for my next grow & use my current as a veg tent. I guess I'm just having to move it ahead a little earlier than planned.
The struggle is real.:D

Irietime

Irietime

How long did you veg for? If you flip a little sooner it will allow more space for the stretch. Also depends on strain I guess. So many factors! Plants look good. Peace

Eyebedam

Eyebedam

Yup Autos...... I'm debating on Autos again for my next run or giving photos a try. My initial plan was to run 3 or 4 batches of autos then try photos when spring comes around & I have some experience under my belt.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Yup Autos...... I'm debating on Autos again for my next run or giving photos a try. My initial plan was to run 3 or 4 batches of autos then try photos when spring comes around & I have some experience under my belt.
They have smaller Autos I think you picked the big ones LOL

Top Bottom