First time grower - can anybody advise please?

• Thread starter frank42burns
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
frank42burns

frank42burns

Hi fellow growers. I have started growing this Northern Light, it is around 17 days old since planting. It is in a 7 gal textile pot, in Plagron grow mix soil (nutes for 3 weeks). I have hard water (ph 8+) so I treat it with Paragon pH min (NPK 0-43-0) which brings it down to 6.5ish. I have given it Biocanna BioRhizotonic twice. I plan on feeding organic Biocanna products in the future. 400W MH about 30in above. Temps around 80-85 / RH 60ish.

5 days ago I have watered it with 0.5gal (incl Ph min & Rhizotonic), no runoff but bottom of pot felt moist. 2 days after watering the leaves started yellowing, as per my googling it looks like interveinal chlorosis however I cant tell what caused this. Maybe overwatering? I never had runoff yet so dont know the PH but then again I only watered like a cup's worth each time.

Anybody can tell whats wrong with her? I would be super grafetul for any advice.

First time I noticed was 2 days after watering:
First time grower   can anybody advise please

And this is another 3 days later:
First time grower   can anybody advise please 2

AKgrow

AKgrow

If I had to guess based on what you've said, it's a problem with pH. You shouldn't have to mess with pH in soil, the soil will adjust for you. Also don't worry about runoff readings. It could also be your hard water building up in the soil, what the ppm of the water? Also could be too much light intensity, 400 watts is a lot for that little plant. Could also be cold roots, what is the temp at night? Is the pot on a cold floor? Just my thoughts, there are more experienced people than me, hopefully they chime in.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I would hit it with some foliar of mag/sulfate (epsom salts) 1/2 to 1 tsp max per L, and see if that helps. It certainly won't hurt it. I agree with the above statement, but it looks like sulfur and magnesium might be involved here somehow. Lower them temps into the 75-80 f region, if possible.

Good airflow aimed at the roots.

I see a plant that was planted in too big of pot, and it's struggling because of that.

Top Bottom