First Time Grower :D

• Thread starter waxydead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

waxydead

Hey guys, im a rookie grower this year looking to grow out in the woods in new england. I know the general area of where im going just not sue about exact spots yet(there is a fresh water source nearby), going to scout it out more over the next few days. I'm looking to be in the planted last week of may, june 1st at the latest.

I just ordered these seeds for my grow
3 x Mobby Dick (Dinafem)
3 x Super Lemon Haze (Greenhouse)
3 x Sweet Deep Grapefruit (Dinafem)
3 x Vanilla Kush(Barneys Farm)

freebies
3 x Critical+(Dinafem)
1 x Strawberry Blue(World of Seeds)
1 x Fruit Automatic(Dinafem)
1 x White Siberian(Dinafem)
1 x California Hash Plant(Dinafem)
1 x Mobby Dick (Dinafem)

What i really need help with is exactly what to get for soil and nutrients and how much of each to get.

This thread will also serve as my journal for this grow.

Mogrow

Mogrow

if you're ready to do the time, and have the space, you'll have a bushel basket full of goodies in the end, but you must put in the time and effort my man... try the soil at site first, better to amend than bring in, saves on everything.. give the girlies plenty of room to grow, they like their space. Start with some good potting soil to get your beans started, looks like you ordered some femenized gear, good move, I guess, I did the same thing. Any way get them seeds in the ground and hit it runnin....
may the ganja light shine on yer grow............

W

waxydead

I'm ready willing and able to invest whatever time and effort is necessary. The soil in the area is pretty poor so i think it would definitely be best to use just what i can bring for soil(i understand this means alot of lugging of soil but i am prepared.) What do you guys recommend for potting soil? I was looking at using roots 707. Also as far as nutrients are concerned i really have no idea what to get.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I a newbie too.

But Here is what I recommend

51RgRf7od2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

OR

kellogg-patio-plus.jpg

And

51SlEACmhEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

But Im sure that Roots stuff is probably Good stuff too.

I just picked up some Roots HPK the other day.

Try to K.I.S. It doesn't have to be rocket science.

and G.L.Bro

M

MTM

roots 707 is a coco blend,I would not use coco outside,,
peace
MTM

W

waxydead

Ok so i probably wont use 707 now(how come you wouldn't recommend it outside? just curious).

So peoples thoughts on using Fox Farm's ocean forest for soil and the grow big, tiger bloom, liquid plant food for nutrients?

R

Rory

ummm...i run 100% fox farm, soil and nutrients, and if i had pics i would show you the results, but i get my plants 9ft tall, 14ft in width, and i yield any where from 2-5 pounds per plant.

W

waxydead

Wow, im definitely looking at fox farm for soil as well but they seem a bit expensive for the amount of plants i want to do.

[edit] How much soil per plant should i use anyways? I'm looking at a budget of 600-900$ for nutrients and soil.

T

themeangreen

hey bud

im a newbie grower too, but have done a lot of reading and looking to learn more...do you plan on planting these is plamters or digging a hole and replacing existing soil?

W

waxydead

Hey sorry i havent been here in a few days, things got pushed back to this weekend so hopefully everything goes off without a hitch.

hey bud

im a newbie grower too, but have done a lot of reading and looking to learn more...do you plan on planting these is plamters or digging a hole and replacing existing soil?

I'm planning on using scrap wood to build containers for the plants with the most soil and using 10 gallon pots for the rest

H

HolyMunchies

roots 707 is a coco blend,I would not use coco outside,,
peace
MTM

Roots 707 is completely fine for being outside it has coco in it yes for water dispersion but it is not coco based its soil and very close to the regular RO blend just with a greater water holding capacity and small reduction in perlite.

Ideally its for large gallon smart pots that are outside

I have 707 in the ground this year also have some fox farm stuff in the ground as well both seem to be doing great after my ammendments.

Top Bottom