First time grower day fourteen

• Thread starter Kidkaos70
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
how old is she? she is a pretty color and looks nice and perky.

what size pot is that? and what medium are you using? what light do you have and how close and is it at full intensity?

the one thing i do notice is the pot is only half full. that does a lot of things not so great. one thing is like how you want reflected light, so people put up panda paper or a tent with reflective surfaces, and then you block all that with the sides of a big black pot. next, the dimensions needed for a plant like cannabis are what pots are made to work for. some plants like short fat pots, or tall slender ones, and cannabis likes the standard dimension of most nursery pots. if you want a smaller pot, get one. but to use half a pot turns it into a short squat pot, the roots want to go down, they end up going out and round and round. use a pot the size you need or want. but use it all. learn to water right too. that pot with that amount of dirt is far too easy to water all wrong

Kidkaos70

Kidkaos70

Pot is 3 1/2 inches tall 3 inches wide on top. When I first planted it was fuller seems to have compacted down Foxfarm ocean forest.She popped out of the soil 14 days ago. Viparspectra 600w around 22 inches from top of pot At about 60% intensity that’s what the manufacturer suggested for seedlings

Kidkaos70

Kidkaos70

I have 3 gallon cloth pots I was going to transplant in.Should I go ahead and do that now or try to add some into the existing pot on the bottom.The light is LED. Thanks for the tips

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
don’t transplant quite yet., in 5-7 days do it and do it when the soil is dry than after transplant soak all of the soil..
a 3 gallon bag should be about 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon worth of water with your food..

Kidkaos70

Kidkaos70

OK cool… That’s When I was planning on doing it. Don’t see any roots coming out of the bottom yet. What type of food do you recommend? I was planning on going with the Fox Farm trio starting at 25% potency. Do I need to add nutes right away I read the soil is good for 3 to 4 weeks. Will be adding 25% perlite and dolomite lime to the mix am I missing anything.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
OK cool… That’s When I was planning on doing it. Don’t see any roots coming out of the bottom yet. What type of food do you recommend? I was planning on going with the Fox Farm trio starting at 25% potency. Do I need to add nutes right away I read the soil is good for 3 to 4 weeks. Will be adding 25% perlite and dolomite lime to the mix am I missing anything.
the lime is your ph buffer, so get your mix right.
no food yet and you’ll be transplanting into the same soil anyways so your good for a while.
make sure you get the right amount of soil in your bag? meaning plant the plant pretty close to the top as it will settle over time.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
what gnick said, wait till it is a bit dry (like not sawdust that falls off the root ball! lol) and it will love it! in a few days you will see her wanting out of there! lol. you will know.

keep up the good work and youre on your way! she does look nice and perky and a good green.

if you have the time, watch her for a while and lower the light about one inch or dial up the intensity just a bit and see if she points her leaves up, not straight up, just a little up. you will see what i mean, it takes a little while, but not so long. if you have the time to watch you can dial the light in just right! too close and she will say so, the tips will curl under or the leaves lighten up or they point up too much... but it is a lot of fun just to see the changes and the way they respond.

is it the purple light? or the p series? they have a few 600w ones. i use viparspectra and they work well. as a matter of fact i just got a couple more during the sale, ive gone a bit light crazy, lol.

keep the thread going with more pics as she grows and grows!

what strain is she? are you set to see her through? think about what you will need to provide a 12 hour dark period if she is photo. read up on topping and lst (low stress training) so you can decide if you want to do that. you will have a few weeks to study on what will happen. you can look at grow diaries to see what other plants look like along the way.

you might want to look into a few threads that are stickied here, like the watering one and the ph one and ... well there are too many good ones to note them all.

i guess what i am saying is, she looks good and ive found that reading and watching helps pass the time so you dont over mother! lol

Kidkaos70

Kidkaos70

Going the minimum on the dolomite 2 tablespoons per gallon
I have RO pretty consistently between 6.6 and 6.8
Have the soil in the pot already for a week or so has been watered seems nice and fluffy.
Will make sure it’s1” from the top giver take.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Go real easy on the n with ocean forest. Lots of people burning up plants with it trying to feed too much because it has available nutes in it already. I’d wait for her to ask for food if it were me. Also i had thought it had oyster shells in it to do the same as lime and dolomite but I can’t find that now

E7258F1B E85A 4679 842B 5543060CE483
Kidkaos70

Kidkaos70

Go real easy on the n with ocean forest. Lots of people burning up plants with it trying to feed too much because it has available nutes in it already. I’d wait for her to ask for food if it were me. Also i had thought it had oyster shells in it to do the same as lime and dolomite but I can’t find that now
Go real easy on the n with ocean forest. Lots of people burning up plants with it trying to feed too much because it has available nutes in it already. I’d wait for her to ask for food if it were me. Also i had thought it had oyster shells in it to do the same as lime and dolomite but I can’t find that n
what gnick said, wait till it is a bit dry (like not sawdust that falls off the root ball! lol) and it will love it! in a few days you will see her wanting out of there! lol. you will know.

keep up the good work and youre on your way! she does look nice and perky and a good green.

if you have the time, watch her for a while and lower the light about one inch or dial up the intensity just a bit and see if she points her leaves up, not straight up, just a little up. you will see what i mean, it takes a little while, but not so long. if you have the time to watch you can dial the light in just right! too close and she will say so, the tips will curl under or the leaves lighten up or they point up too much... but it is a lot of fun just to see the changes and the way they respond.

is it the purple light? or the p series? they have a few 600w ones. i use viparspectra and they work well. as a matter of fact i just got a couple more during the sale, ive gone a bit light crazy, lol.

keep the thread going with more pics as she grows and grows!

what strain is she? are you set to see her through? think about what you will need to provide a 12 hour dark period if she is photo. read up on topping and lst (low stress training) so you can decide if you want to do that. you will have a few weeks to study on what will happen. you can look at grow diaries to see what other plants look like along the way.

you might want to look into a few threads that are stickied here, like the watering one and the ph one and ... well there are too many good ones to note them all.

i guess what i am saying is, she looks good and ive found that reading and watching helps pass the time so you dont over mother! lol
The light is a eBay/Amazon VA 600
Super lemon haze photo maybe should’ve gone with the auto as a Noob. Not sure about training yet probably mainlining. I am all in…

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Mainline can add extra weeks to veg depending on how extreme you go. Therefore increasing the chances of deficiency or toxicity. Food for thought not to say you shouldn’t try it.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Mainlining is very easy, just top the plant around the 4th or 5th node. As the branches grow, you softly tie them down so they grow horizontal instead of vertical. Remember, it doesn't need to be perfect the first time, as the branches grow, you can continue moving the string further up the branch to bring it horizontal. The biggest mistake I see new growers make is defoliate too much. Allow plenty of side branches to grow so you have a full canopy. You can defoliate a lot more of the lower growth later on. Good luck.

Kidkaos70

Kidkaos70

Transplanted her 24 hours ago seems a little droopy is it something I should be concerned about. Tried adjusting the light intensity from 60% to 80% and full no difference.
B22BE6C0 F59A 4B5D AA22 95B11E0AE7AB

Latest posts

Top Bottom