First time grower - drooping and yellow leaves

• Thread starter Growx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growx

Hello! Here is a couple pictures of my setup and my problem. I have the bottom leaves turning yellow and most of the plant is drooping. I’m not sure if I am under or over watering.

First time grower   drooping and yellow leaves
First time grower   drooping and yellow leaves 2
First time grower   drooping and yellow leaves 3
CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

Can you give us more info?

Light schedule?
Lights?
Medium?
Water?
Feed?

These will help with the problem solving.

Just casual observation, they look over watered. Stems are stiff, leaves are a bit swollen and droopy. You have enough drainage? I don't see any perlite or holes in the bottom of the pot.

G

Growx

Can you give us more info?

Light schedule?
Lights?
Medium?
Water?
Feed?

These will help with the problem solving.

Just casual observation, they look over watered. Stems are stiff, leaves are a bit swollen and droopy. You have enough drainage? I don't see any perlite or holes in the bottom of the pot.

2x 23w (100w equivalent) 5000k cfl
1x 23w 6500k cfl
1x 23w 2700k cfl

red/green led light bar with 6 LED 18W

light schedule 18/6

I haven’t been feeding much and if I do I do it at 1ml/500ml water

3A4F54D7 7C55 42A5 970B 6A6465A7254F
1980FB37 5F58 40BA 8346 3101E0C6CA72
CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

I've never grown in that medium, but from my quick google search it looks like it needs perlite mixed in it.

It doesn't have much if any nutes in it so you'll need to feed for sure. The nutes you do have seem like they're suited for more flowering. Look for something a little more balanced or at least has more N in it.

Lights look alright, I don't think that's hurting them.

I think I'll stick with my first observation of over watering. Without the excess drainage from the perlite, the soil will retain water a lot longer. At this stage they don't need much water, but will need food. Try to find a nute that is more suitable for veg, like a 4-4-4 or a 6-4-4.

G

Growx

I've never grown in that medium, but from my quick google search it looks like it needs perlite mixed in it.

It doesn't have much if any nutes in it so you'll need to feed for sure. The nutes you do have seem like they're suited for more flowering. Look for something a little more balanced or at least has more N in it.

Lights look alright, I don't think that's hurting them.

I think I'll stick with my first observation of over watering. Without the excess drainage from the perlite, the soil will retain water a lot longer. At this stage they don't need much water, but will need food. Try to find a nute that is more suitable for veg, like a 4-4-4 or a 6-4-4.
I have this available, it doesn’t match what you recommend but I’d like to ask anyways.

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

Those are packing some heat. If you're going to use, make sure you figure out how much you need to dilute it down.

If you can find something like Fox Farm Grow Big, or Jack's 3-2-1 set up, or you can always go the organic route and look for a bag fertilizer. Like Gaia Green 4-4-4 all purpose, or make your own if you really want to get invested.

G

Growx

Those are packing some heat. If you're going to use, make sure you figure out how much you need to dilute it down.

If you can find something like Fox Farm Grow Big, or Jack's 3-2-1 set up, or you can always go the organic route and look for a bag fertilizer. Like Gaia Green 4-4-4 all purpose, or make your own if you really want to get invested.
Because of where I work, I have a pretty much unlimited supply of blood meal, bone meal, feather and fish meal. But I have no idea how to use it .

R

ritoMox

Here is a couple pictures of my setup...
Hellllllll Yup🤣✌️

Top Bottom