First time grower - Help needed

• Thread starter Doobie_45
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Doobie_45

Doobie_45

Hey everybody! First timer grower here and unfortunately my plant wasn’t doing so well but I recently started to give it nutrients it was lacking and it brought back to life. Unfortunately I think the top is to heavy and I’m looking for other options. I also unfortunately do not have access to more seeds.

Would “cloning” it from the main Stem be a good idea?

Any advice is greatly appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read this!!

First time grower   help needed
First time grower   help needed 2
Vagician

Vagician

I'd semi start over. That long empty stretch of stem is kind of a waste of your vertical space. Here's what I recommend:

1 - Let the soil dry out just a bit so that it isn't too wet for life after the next steps.
2 - Cut that entire long, naked stem off just above where there are ~3 shoots. Do not remove the shoots, they will be your new main branches. Use the parts that you cut off for cloning.
3 - Let those 3 shoots grow a few inches before feeding her anything. Plain water is ok as needed. Maybe do a 1/4 strength feeding if she starts to yellow.
4 - Train those 3 shoots outward and let the plant bush out a bit. Hit us up when she gets to that point and we'll keep you on track.

The green color in the second picture is right where you want to be so it looks like you've done a good job of recovery. Just have to get her reset for the next try. This is still a healthy plant, she just needs a haircut.

Anthem

Anthem

Yes you could grow the plant out with good growth up top and take a clone. Above and beyond the nutrient issue, it looks like you are growing a palm tree. No joke intended. That is usually caused by a light that does not put off enough well light. You should probably also consider your lighting needs.

Doobie_45

Doobie_45

Thanks for the replies guys. I’ll definitely keep you posted!!
The plant is just over 3 months old and I didn’t tackle the issue early enough and always assumed it was the wrong thing.
It was just lacking nutrients all along and a lot of the lower leaves died off.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I'd semi start over. That long empty stretch of stem is kind of a waste of your vertical space. Here's what I recommend:

1 - Let the soil dry out just a bit so that it isn't too wet for life after the next steps.
2 - Cut that entire long, naked stem off just above where there are ~3 shoots. Do not remove the shoots, they will be your new main branches. Use the parts that you cut off for cloning.
3 - Let those 3 shoots grow a few inches before feeding her anything. Plain water is ok as needed. Maybe do a 1/4 strength feeding if she starts to yellow.
4 - Train those 3 shoots outward and let the plant bush out a bit. Hit us up when she gets to that point and we'll keep you on track.

The green color in the second picture is right where you want to be so it looks like you've done a good job of recovery. Just have to get her reset for the next try. This is still a healthy plant, she just needs a haircut.
Solid info. Happy grows.

Irishking

Irishking

The light must b too far from the top of the plant from the beginning for it to stretch like that. I would try over again it is horrible but u won’t get much from that. Maybe two grams. Try using ffof soil it a super soil and is good for 6-8 weeks no nutrience needed. It a solid start for novice growers. These are my autoflower, one week to go left. U can do it jus try again bro. Good luck, take care buddy stay healthy. Autoflower are much easier to grow, more room for error. Ppl say they get less yield but I can get anywhere from 2-6oz per plant and it only take 8-10 weeks to grow fully. I’d seriously consider them trust me bro!!!

B4951451 CB8A 482C B75E 9D0A71707AC4
Doobie_45

Doobie_45

The light must b too far from the top of the plant from the beginning for it to stretch like that. I would try over again it is horrible but u won’t get much from that. Maybe two grams. Try using ffof soil it a super soil and is good for 6-8 weeks no nutrience needed. It a solid start for novice growers. These are my autoflower, one week to go left. U can do it jus try again bro. Good luck, take care buddy stay healthy. Autoflower are much easier to grow, more room for error. Ppl say they get less yield but I can get anywhere from 2-6oz per plant and it only take 8-10 weeks to grow fully. I’d seriously consider them trust me bro!!!
Man, that is lovely. Will definitely consider it. This seed just so happen to pop a couple months of ago and really enjoyed the strain so I wanna see if I can get something out of it with some extra knowledge hahah

Doobie_45

Doobie_45

Yes you could grow the plant out with good growth up top and take a clone. Above and beyond the nutrient issue, it looks like you are growing a palm tree. No joke intended. That is usually caused by a light that does not put off enough well light. You should probably also consider your lighting needs.
This plant has definitely gone through the struggle lol. Lots of trial and error with this one but I’m using a HLG 100W panel

Doobie_45

Doobie_45

Bad light..💥
Positioning of lighting was definitely part of the issue, because I assumed lighting was too close early in the grow and was causing the stunt in growth; it was just lack of nutrients. Definitely taking the information and applying it though 💯

98EE884E DDE8 4281 89F9 C65CDFA23A28
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Agree, you can save it by chopping here, good luck!
20200324 102743

Archer1111

Archer1111

Thats definitely another concern of mine. I’m also worried of shipping seeds due to state laws

Im not giving you legal advice, and I am not qualified to do so. However, nobody really knows what goes through the mail. It's generally just another letter. There is really no way, or time, from shipment to you receiving, for the legal system in your state to see a law broken (which you haven't possessed anything yet), build a case, get a warrant before all this, and then execute an arrest. All for a $5 seed. From there an obvious defense is "I was just getting my mail." I don't know what someone sent me" Anyway how would they know you bough seeds? By admitting they illegally monitored your computer? Long and short of it is, you probably have nothing to worry about.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Im not giving you legal advice, and I am not qualified to do so. However, nobody really knows what goes through the mail. It's generally just another letter. There is really no way, or time, from shipment to you receiving, for the legal system in your state to see a law broken (which you haven't possessed anything yet), build a case, get a warrant before all this, and then execute an arrest. All for a $5 seed. From there an obvious defense is "I was just getting my mail." I don't know what someone sent me" Anyway how would they know you bough seeds? By admitting they illegally monitored your computer? Long and short of it is, you probably have nothing to worry about.
Seeds are novelty items that dont contain thc & not to be used for germination purposes, so they have a technically legal loophole I think, check my info on that before you do it tho

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I've ordered seeds from 3 different places with no problems. I think everyone is more concerned about virus than weed right now tho. So good time to be unnoticed if ordering

Top Bottom