First time grower. I’m messing up.

• Thread starter IamteamfroZen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IamteamfroZen

IamteamfroZen

Hi I am new to the site and a first time grower. I got this plant recently. The place I got it from made it seem like I would just need to put the plant in sunlight and water it frequently without putting any effort into the process. After scrolling around on this site for around 10 minutes I’ve learned that there’s a lot more involved. I was hoping someone could tell me what’s going wrong with it and how to fix my mistake.

First time grower im messing up
First time grower im messing up 2
First time grower im messing up 3
First time grower im messing up 4
IamteamfroZen

IamteamfroZen

It’s been over watered and nutes burn , give us a history of the grow indoors or outdoors, help us help you . Od .
Sorry about that. When it was very small and only had two leaves it was indoor with a 300w grow lamp for 18 hours daily. I put it outdoors after about two weeks. I bring it inside some nights when it is extra windy or rainy and it gets light from the grow light all night. I have been watering it small amounts twice a day. I’ve learned That’s way too much.

Madbud

Madbud

I would drill a lot of holes around the pot to increase airflow. If that pot is in direct sunlight the soil gets too hot. Shade the pot or sleeve it with a carpet remnant.

Dan789

Dan789

Depending how long it’s been in that (one gallon..?) pot, it may need up potting. Then the soil and pot could be changed into a larger pot, maybe even a fiber bag and some new soil to be added...imho

IamteamfroZen

IamteamfroZen

I would drill a lot of holes around the pot to increase airflow. If that pot is in direct sunlight the soil gets too hot. Shade the pot or sleeve it with a carpet remnant.
Thank you for your responses guys. I keep the pot in direct sunlight and the temperature here is around 38 Celsius or 100 Fahrenheit all day. Will putting it in the shade effect growth? I’ll drill some holes tomorrow thanks for the advice.

• Wow
Reactions: Ina
Growing420

Growing420

Thank you for your responses guys. I keep the pot in direct sunlight and the temperature here is around 38 Celsius or 100 Fahrenheit all day. Will putting it in the shade effect growth? I’ll drill some holes tomorrow thanks for the advice.
Definitely way to hot in the 100s bro, especially in black pots. It attracts heat witch could damage your roots if gets to hot. I live in Cali so when it’s even in high 80s or low 90s I put my girls in shade once in a while to cool down. And no it won’t affect growth to be in shade. Unless you have them in shave for hours it can cause the plants to stretch looking for light. Also don’t have them on concrete cause that gets hot too, I put mine on grass. I recommend you get a moisture meter, it tells you how wet ur soil Is where the roots are. Basically telling you when it needs water. Hopefully your baby’s get better and when you transplant definitely put them in fabric pots, there a lot healthier for the roots! Let’s them breath and won’t get root bound, therefor increasing yields. Happy growing✌🏽

IamteamfroZen

IamteamfroZen

Depending how long it’s been in that (one gallon..?) pot, it may need up potting. Then the soil and pot could be changed into a larger pot, maybe even a fiber bag and some new soil to be added...imho
It has been in there sense it was a seed. I got it around a month ago as a very tiny two leaf plant. Is that long enough to put it into a larger pot with more soil? I’m using miraclegrow as soil is that any good?

Growing420

Growing420

It has been in there sense it was a seed. I got it around a month ago as a very tiny two leaf plant. Is that long enough to put it into a larger pot with more soil? I’m using miraclegrow as soil is that any good?
Aww bro you should’ve done your research. Do not use miracle grow! It’s already done so just transplant into different soil. Fox farm ocean Forrest is great soil. You can transplant now after a month the roots should be hitting that 1gal looking for more room.

Growing420

Growing420

Aww bro you should’ve done your research. Do not use miracle grow! It’s already done so just transplant into different soil. Fox farm ocean Forrest is great soil. You can definitely transplant now, after a month the roots should be hitting that 1gal looking for more room.

IamteamfroZen

IamteamfroZen

Definitely way to hot in the 100s bro, especially in black pots. It attracts heat witch could damage your roots if gets to hot. I live in Cali so when it’s even in high 80s or low 90s I put my girls in shade once in a while to cool down. And no it won’t affect growth to be in shade. Unless you have them in shave for hours it can cause the plants to stretch looking for light. Also don’t have them on concrete cause that gets hot too, I put mine on grass. I recommend you get a moisture meter, it tells you how wet ur soil Is where the roots are. Basically telling you when it needs water. Hopefully your baby’s get better and when you transplant definitely put them in fabric pots, there a lot healthier for the roots! Let’s them breath and won’t get root bound, therefor increasing yields. Happy growing✌🏽
Thank you for your great responses you’ve put me on game with a lot of info. I’m gonna take your advice from both comments and get a new quality Fabric pot and some quality potting soil and a moisture meter. Can you tell what vitamins are needed? I have been using pee and water clearly that’s not working.

Growing420

Growing420

Aww bro you should’ve done your research. Do not use miracle grow! It’s already done so just transplant into different soil. Fox farm ocean Forrest is great soil. You can definitely transplant now, by now roots should be hitting that 1gal desperately looking for more room.
Thank you for your great responses you’ve put me on game with a lot of info. I’m gonna take your advice from both comments and get a new quality Fabric pot and some quality potting soil and a moisture meter. Can you tell what vitamins are needed? I have been using pee and water clearly that’s not working.
Lol if you get fox farm soil witch I highly recommend, get there 3 bottle nutrient line up. Along with cal mag. That’s what I use. Also start with half of what it says to use to avoid nutrient burn

IamteamfroZen

IamteamfroZen

I’m having to order fox farm products my local Lowe’s/Home Depot/Calloway’s all don’t carry it. should be here before this time next week. Hopefully I don’t kill this poor thing before my products get here:

mancorn

mancorn

Pee can be super hot, so recommended at no more then 1 bladder per gallon (and probably better to piss in a 2 gallon bucket and fill with water). You wouldn't want to be doing it too often. Nothing wrong with urine, but better for larger outdoor plants in the ground, then small pots.

Madbud

Madbud

MG potting soil is not a good choice but their seedling and organic blend is better. FoxFarm and Promix blends with some added perlite is more typical for cannabis. The FF soils and ferts are well known. And yeah 100° heat with direct sunlight is too hot for that small pot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom