First time grower in coco I thought I was over watering it……

• Thread starter Ctsbestsmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ctsbestsmoke

Ctsbestsmoke

But now I think I’m letting dry too much. Need any help these are all autos as I wanted to try autos and see what I could learn from them, but have been having nothing but problems. I’m using drip nutrients don’t ask why that’s what the guys at the grow store said would be easiest. Any advice would be helpful thanks. Using box style with fans and big bulbs full spec led from 2020 budgrower full tent. First time using it since I didn’t wanna start growing until I knew I would have the time, becaue when I do something I give it everything I got!! Glad I chose autos because the light leaks in this thing is horrible lol straight trash. Have a gorilla 5x5 and kindled x750 coming in.Also any opinions on best coco to use and best nutrients. Also having a hard time with watering because the weight test to me isn’t working. Maybe I should get a scale? Also I don’t know how much water I should be adding at different stages because every where you look they don’t tell you. Any links are appreciated as well. Thanks for your time in advance mean the world to me.
First time grower in coco i thought i was over watering it 2
First time grower in coco i thought i was over watering it
First time grower in coco i thought i was over watering it 3
First time grower in coco i thought i was over watering it 4

SSgrower

SSgrower

The droop in the leaves is a sign, how long has it been drying out? How "Heavy" is your planter, light or heavy? If heavy, let it dry back some more. Someone else will chime in but, lift you planter daily to judge how much water has drained.SS

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Is there any perlite with your mix or just straight coco? Looks over watered for sure. What’s the temps/rh? Maybe it’s not drying out fast enough bc of the temps. I don’t grow hydro any more so I won’t be able to help you on the latest nutrients and media but I’m sure you’ll have a lot of people to help you there.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Not a coco grower but gonna leave this here. Its a good read.

R

rangabud

Honestly a plant that size in that pot should be getting fed/watered every day, if that's coco in the pot.

It could even possibly be underwatered judging by the stems on the leaves also drooping aswell.

How often have you been watering, and is there runoff when you do?

Ctsbestsmoke

Ctsbestsmoke

So there’s been no run off the pot sucks I had to poke holes in the bottom they are light right now was gonna flush them. I’ve been watering once every day or once every two days. Temps are 77 during the day 71 at night.

Ctsbestsmoke

Ctsbestsmoke

Is there any perlite with your mix or just straight coco? Looks over watered for sure. What’s the temps/rh? Maybe it’s not drying out fast enough bc of the temps. I don’t grow hydro any more so I won’t be able to help you on the latest nutrients and media but I’m sure you’ll have a lot of people to help you there.
There is perlite 70/30 temps are 77 during the day 71 at night but I haven’t been getting run off due to the stupid pot not have proper drain holes they have them on the bottom but the sides.

Ctsbestsmoke

Ctsbestsmoke

The droop in the leaves is a sign, how long has it been drying out? How "Heavy" is your planter, light or heavy? If heavy, let it dry back some more. Someone else will chime in but, lift you planter daily to judge how much water has drained.SS
They are light but I think the problem is the pot drainage hole are on the side the pot just sucks I think I’m gonna flush them out with straight ph 5.8 water today and see what they do?

Ctsbestsmoke

Ctsbestsmoke

Honestly a plant that size in that pot should be getting fed/watered every day, if that's coco in the pot.

It could even possibly be underwatered judging by the stems on the leaves also drooping aswell.

So it’s 70/30 coco perlite but the drainage sucks on the pot they are on the sides of the pot I poked a bunch of holes in the bottom last night was thinking about giving her a flush today and see how she bounces back?

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

There is perlite 70/30 temps are 77 during the day 71 at night but I haven’t been getting run off due to the stupid pot not have proper drain holes they have them on the bottom but the sides.
That might be the cause. Maybe it was staying saturated. Hopefully the extra holes will help

Ctsbestsmoke

Ctsbestsmoke

That might be the cause. Maybe it was staying saturated. Hopefully the extra holes will help

In hoping do you think I should flush it? If so how much water should I flush it with? All six plants are kinda looking the same.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

In hoping do you think I should flush it? If so how much water should I flush it with? All six plants are kinda looking the same.

Also should the flush have ca-mg in it if so how much per gallon?
I won’t be able to help with that. I don’t grow hydro any more and when I did I used rock wool cubes and had a ebb n flow watering system. Never grew in coco. I’m sure someone will chime in and help answer your questions ✌🏼

Ctsbestsmoke

Ctsbestsmoke

I won’t be able to help with that. I don’t grow hydro any more and when I did I used rock wool cubes and had a ebb n flow watering system. Never grew in coco. I’m sure someone will chime in and help answer your questions ✌🏼
Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Your the man keep rocking brother.

Ctsbestsmoke

Ctsbestsmoke

So there’s been no run off the pot sucks I had to poke holes in the bottom they are light right now was gonna flush them. I’ve been watering once every day or once every two days. Temps are 77 during the day 71 at night.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Your the man keep rocking brother.
Have you scrolled through @Aqua Man how to water coco thread? I’m sure there is great information in there in regards to your questions. Thanks man, stay strong and be patient. Your doing great and will get through this 💪🏼

Ctsbestsmoke

Ctsbestsmoke

Have you scrolled through @Aqua Man how to water coco thread? I’m sure there is great information in there in regards to your questions. Thanks man, stay strong and be patient. Your doing great and will get through this 💪🏼

Yea I was reading through it yesterday which then told my self maybe your underwatering I went into this blind with out know a thing an learned as I been going I got a gorilla grow tent coming and a kindled x750 I will never quit it’s not in my blood!!! S 💪🏼

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Yea I was reading through it yesterday which then told my self maybe your underwatering I went into this blind with out know a thing an learned as I been going I got a gorilla grow tent coming and a kindled x750 I will never quit it’s not in my blood!!! S 💪🏼
That’s right man, mine too. I’ll never stop to much love for this plant💚
That very well good be it too. I know some guys that feed twice a day with the 70/30 mix but don’t take my word on it. I haven’t done hydro for awhile. I’m a soil grower now

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Maybe @Aqua Man or @Enforcer will be able to help you with this. They are just to name a couple of really great growers

Top Bottom