First Time Grower - is it time to harvest?

• Thread starter Clemolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Clemolo

Hi everyone...

I am a first time grower and just looking for advice on when I should harvest. I've been looking at the trichomes via my phone camera but struggling to tell what's glassy and what's milky. Any advice based on these pics?

Sadly, I do not know the strain or type of plant. It just started growing from a seed I threw in the garden.

I first noticed buds about 7 weeks ago, if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

First time grower   is it time to harvest

First time grower   is it time to harvest 2

First time grower   is it time to harvest 3

First time grower   is it time to harvest 4

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Hi everyone...

I am a first time grower and just looking for advice on when I should harvest. I've been looking at the trichomes via my phone camera but struggling to tell what's glassy and what's milky. Any advice based on these pics?

Sadly, I do not know the strain or type of plant. It just started growing from a seed I threw in the garden.

I first noticed buds about 7 weeks ago, if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

View attachment 1296594
View attachment 1296595
View attachment 1296596
View attachment 1296597
Not near close yet buddy,the pistils are white.

Sport Farmer

Sport Farmer

If the plant is green, it is still growing. Always keep that in your mind. Dying pistils isn't really a good indicator either as some strains have their pistils die off rather early. Checking your trichs this early isn't going to help either. The plant will naturally fade and eventually die on its own. What you are looking for is the peak of that window when it starts to fade on its own. This one you posted here looks to be heavily sativa so its going to go quite awhile before it is ready. Could be a 12+ week strain, you just never known as each plant is different. She looks to be just starting to fill out the structure and hasn't added any sort of weight yet. I'd estimate you have about another 5-6 weeks to go just by looking at the pics. Growing the herb is a huge lesson in patience.

C

Clemolo

If the plant is green, it is still growing. Always keep that in your mind. Dying pistils isn't really a good indicator either as some strains have their pistils die off rather early. Checking your trichs this early isn't going to help either. The plant will naturally fade and eventually die on its own. What you are looking for is the peak of that window when it starts to fade on its own. This one you posted here looks to be heavily sativa so its going to go quite awhile before it is ready. Could be a 12+ week strain, you just never known as each plant is different. She looks to be just starting to fill out the structure and hasn't added any sort of weight yet. I'd estimate you have about another 5-6 weeks to go just by looking at the pics. Growing the herb is a huge lesson in patience.
Thanks... that's great info!

Latest posts

Top Bottom