First time grower. Is this PM?

• Thread starter Savagenorth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Savagenorth

Savagenorth

First time grower here. I'm assuming (yes I know the saying) from my research this is the beginning of PM.

How would you treat in the beginnings of flower? I am growing outdoors in NW Oregon.

Help me, please!

First time grower is this pm
First time grower is this pm 2
First time grower is this pm 3
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Yes, the white parts look like it. The speckling of your leaves is also an indicator of mite damage. Check those white clusters closely to make sure they are not a mass of new eggs.

It seems like the plants have some time to go and the buds look to be browning a bit which makes me think of bud rot, but I can't really tell from the picture. The environment is going to get bad out there very soon, I know the area well, how much longer do you think you have until harvest?

Savagenorth

Savagenorth

We are about 4/5 weeks into flower. I've missed the plants with a 1:9 milk/water solution twice now and the PM looks to have cleared up almost completely. I bought Garden Safe fungicide 3(pic) to address both the PM and Mites.

The buds aren't browning, I think that's just the camera on my phone.

We are currently trying to decide on a plan for the beginning of rainy season, since our greenhouse isn't big enough for all the plants.

Yes, the white parts look like it. The speckling of your leaves is also an indicator of mite damage. Check those white clusters closely to make sure they are not a mass of new eggs.

It seems like the plants have some time to go and the buds look to be browning a bit which makes me think of bud rot, but I can't really tell from the picture. The environment is going to get bad out there very soon, I know the area well, how much longer do you think you have until harvest?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Glad that you are making progress.

That spray has me curious as to what the active ingredients are. One of the problems major grows face in legal states is pesticide approval. Many pesticides have been tested for dangers when sprayed on food for consumption, but hardly any have been tested for consumption after combustion. Eagle 20 was a miracle worker on PM, then it was discovered the main ingredient converts to cyanide gas when combusted.... so that one was removed from the approved products list.

Savagenorth

Savagenorth

According to label and website, the active ingredient is clarified hydrophobic extract of neem oil. From the safety data sheet, if I'm reading it right ( pic) there is no hazard from combustion.

Glad that you are making progress.

That spray has me curious as to what the active ingredients are. One of the problems major grows face in legal states is pesticide approval. Many pesticides have been tested for dangers when sprayed on food for consumption, but hardly any have been tested for consumption after combustion. Eagle 20 was a miracle worker on PM, then it was discovered the main ingredient converts to cyanide gas when combusted.... so that one was removed from the approved products list.

Screenshot 2020 10 05 14 12 49 589 comgoogleandroidappsdocs
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

That is a great place to look for the right info :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom