First time grower looking for advice

• Thread starter Goldils330
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goldils330

Goldils330

Hello to all, this is my very first grow using a hydroponic system I built. I’m using a 3x3x6.5 tent 1000w led on timers, general hydroponics nutrients, cal mag and phosphorus. The strain I chose for this grow is LSD. I monitor the PH and PPM daily. I started with three plants as a test to see if I can actually get to the finish line. I’m almost there but I’m having a issue because In veg state, two plants went through a deficiency but I did my research and brought them back to life within a couple of days to a week. They are all in the flowering stage. One of the girls was always a little bigger and more mature than the other ones even though they where all germinated at the exact same time. That one is almost ready for harvest but my issue is how can I flush that one plant being that all three are in one channel? The other two need about another three weeks from the looks of it. Should I flush all for two or three days with ph’ed water till I chop that one? Then maybe bring back the nutrients? This is my very first grow so that’s where I’m stuck at right now. The tricones are starting the get cloudy and a small portion Amber so I know it’s getting close. I’m just worried that if I flush them for a few days being that it’s hydro, will the other two suffer for those two days. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or advice.

First time grower looking for advice
First time grower looking for advice 2
First time grower looking for advice 3
First time grower looking for advice 4
First time grower looking for advice 5
First time grower looking for advice 6
First time grower looking for advice 7
First time grower looking for advice 8
First time grower looking for advice 9
Last edited:
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Your pants look borderline over fed/ n tox. I’d lower the ppms to 300 or so for the rest of the cycle.

Goldils330

Goldils330

Your pants look borderline over fed/ n tox. I’d lower the ppms to 300 or so for the rest of the cycle.
That makes sense I will try that. It seems like this can be a overall solution for all three. Do they look over fed because the dark leaves?

King_Cannabis

King_Cannabis

That makes sense I will try that. It seems like this can be a overall solution for all three. Do they look over fed because the dark leaves?

I have grown the LSD cultivar before and can tell you that they are NOT overfed. Dark leaves are in the DNA of this cultivar; thus, leaves will be dark green to black colour REGARDLESS of the feeding schedule. In addition, your plants do NOT show signs of nutrient burn at any rate.

I can tell by the photos that you did in fact not do a bad job considering this is your first time growing. I like how dense and frosty your plants are and I am sure you'll only get better at this method of growing and eventually grow some high quality stuff with greater yields.

I also like the approach here: growing smaller plants in a small hydro set up that will finish early and the turnover rate will be high with comparison to growing larger plants.

I would make sure my grow environment is perfectly tuned in first and accordingly modify my feeding regimen by watching and observing my plants on a daily basis.

Goldils330

Goldils330

I have grown the LSD cultivar before and can tell you that they are NOT overfed. Dark leaves are in the DNA of this cultivar; thus, leaves will be dark green to black colour REGARDLESS of the feeding schedule. In addition, your plants do NOT show signs of nutrient burn at any rate.

I can tell by the photos that you did in fact not do a bad job considering this is your first time growing. I like how dense and frosty your plants are and I am sure you'll only get better at this method of growing and eventually grow some high quality stuff with greater yields.

I also like the approach here: growing smaller plants in a small hydro set up that will finish early and the turnover rate will be high with comparison to growing larger plants.

I would make sure my grow environment is perfectly tuned in first and accordingly modify my feeding regimen by watching and observing my plants on a daily basis.
Thank you so much for your advice and feedback, I always watch for nutrient burn and I never me got it. I know hydro isn’t easy but I’d figure I try one of the hardest methods for a real challenge. This means a lot coming from an experienced grower and I’m already starting my next grow with a few more plants added. I’m applying everything I’ve learned to the new grow. I’m working on some purple punch seeds.

King_Cannabis

King_Cannabis

Hello to all, this is my very first grow using a hydroponic system I built. I’m using a 3x3x6.5 tent 1000w led on timers, general hydroponics nutrients, cal mag and phosphorus. The strain I chose for this grow is LSD. I monitor the PH and PPM daily. I started with three plants as a test to see if I can actually get to the finish line. I’m almost there but I’m having a issue because In veg state, two plants went through a deficiency but I did my research and brought them back to life within a couple of days to a week. They are all in the flowering stage. One of the girls was always a little bigger and more mature than the other ones even though they where all germinated at the exact same time. That one is almost ready for harvest but my issue is how can I flush that one plant being that all three are in one channel? The other two need about another three weeks from the looks of it. Should I flush all for two or three days with ph’ed water till I chop that one? Then maybe bring back the nutrients? This is my very first grow so that’s where I’m stuck at right now. The tricones are starting the get cloudy and a small portion Amber so I know it’s getting close. I’m just worried that if I flush them for a few days being that it’s hydro, will the other two suffer for those two days. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Flushing in your hydro set up is done with a flush agent such as Canna Flush and/or AN Flawless Finish and can be done within the life cycle of your plants but considering that only one will be chopped and the other 2 have 3 more weeks and you are working with RO water, it is strongly recommended that there is enough additional Cal/Mag in your rez. water otherwise the other two will encounter Cal/Mag defficiency. Another solution would be not to flush your plant that you will harvest first especially considering that your plants have already ingested and used what they have been fed thus far and a 3 day flush doesn't change this. Choice is yours my fellow grower.

Goldils330

Goldils330

Flushing in your hydro set up is done with a flush agent such as Canna Flush and/or AN Flawless Finish and can be done within the life cycle of your plants but considering that only one will be chopped and the other 2 have 3 more weeks and you are working with RO water, it is strongly recommended that there is enough additional Cal/Mag in your rez. water otherwise the other two will encounter Cal/Mag defficiency. Another solution would be not to flush your plant that you will harvest first especially considering that your plants have already ingested and used what they have been fed thus far and a 3 day flush doesn't change this. Choice is yours my fellow grower.
Hmmm both suggestions sound good, just chop it and at least I’ll have the other two or use ph’d water with a significant amount of cal mag to keep the other two safe. Thank you so much

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Ya, the dark shiny leaves and a couple tips pointing down. Overall they look pretty good.

King_Cannabis

King_Cannabis

Another really important factor in growing dank Cannabis and getting higher yields from it is your grow lights. I would get rid of that LED of yours and replace it with something proper; something that uses rather a more advanced tech such as a COB LED light grow light made to imitate natural sunlight with wideband IR lighting, producing a very high PAR output and is super bright that runs quiet and cool without any onboard fans (a.k.a. passive cooling).

Goldils330

Goldils330

Another really important factor in growing dank Cannabis and getting higher yields from it is your grow lights. I would get rid of that LED of yours and replace it with something proper; something that uses rather a more advanced tech such as a COB LED light grow light made to imitate natural sunlight with wideband IR lighting, producing a very high PAR output and is super bright that runs quiet and cool without any onboard fans (a.k.a. passive cooling).
I’m using led grow lights but not the expensive kind. These are Amazon led “grow lights” lol now that I have an idea of what direction to go I will invest in the real stuff. My hydro system was really inexpensive to make so I can invest into lighting more. Thanks I will soak in all your advice and apply it to this wonderful hobby

Top Bottom