First time grower - looking for general advice

• Thread starter Vera_imwald
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vera_imwald

Hey everyone! This is the first time I am trying to grow by myself. I have at the moment 6 plants, growing in the balcony. They are 12 weeks old.
Due to climatic constraints (I´m in Germany), the plants are growing slowly, but recently with very long days and hot weather, they´re growing quite quick.
The seeds were given by a friend from their plants so no idea which strain it is. As I said, I´m a beginner mostly taking this as an experiment to see how it goes :)
Now, 2-4 weeks ago, 4 of the 6 plants clearly show pistils and therefore I classified them as females. I want to ask you: Do you think the remaining 2 are males? I will attach pictures, sorry for the low quality. The "balls" are not well defined I think, so maybe they will become females at some point? However, the other females have already shown clear signs. I´m afraid if I wait too long for these 2, they might spread pollen if they´re males.
I am now fertilizing them for growth and flowering (not sure if it´s too soon for the flowering one).
In general, I am willing to read any advice/feedback you might have, I also attach general pictures of how they look like.
Thanks!!
Vera

First time grower   looking for general advice
First time grower   looking for general advice 2
First time grower   looking for general advice 3
First time grower   looking for general advice 4
TomH

TomH

I'm fairly new too, but my experience is the males will show before the ladies present themselves.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Second picture looks like a girl, I can't tell about the third, fourth looks like a girl.

You will need a way to control light and dark periods to get them to flower.

Top Bottom