first time grower needs advice!

• Thread starter budahluva10k
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budahluva10k

hey hows it going? my name is budahluva i love smoking marijuana but in the state that i live in it is hard to come across anything other than stress so i decided to keep some seeds from some baggies of decent stress now i know that these are not the best seeds to use but i am limited on funds now this will be my first time growing i am planing to grow 1 mother plant and 4 clones i will be using cfls for this grow now my ?s are 1.how long can i keep a mother plant alive and how? 2.how many cfls would i need and which ones does anyone recomend? thanks everyone hope to here some good responds and good advice peace!

S

SweetIslandFunk

I'd bet that you get nothing but hermi's from those seeds. They are inbred over and over. You will get a mom but it will be an ugly mother. You'll get seeded bud. You'll need 3or 4 100w cfls I would say. But think about heat and your grow space can't be too hot or too dry, over 85 at the very most without co2 even then you are probably stressing the plant. I can't stress to you enough about your grow area being bug free. She will stay alive as long ass time if you do it right. But like i said, those seeds aren't going to be good for you, mostly males and herms if they germ, which you don't want. Do a little reading before you start. I wouldn't suggest starting if you can't afford to do it.

C

cheyenne

I'd bet that you get nothing but hermi's from those seeds. They are inbred over and over. You will get a mom but it will be an ugly mother. You'll get seeded bud. You'll need 3or 4 100w cfls I would say. But think about heat and your grow space can't be too hot or too dry, over 85 at the very most without co2 even then you are probably stressing the plant. I can't stress to you enough about your grow area being bug free. She will stay alive as long ass time if you do it right. But like i said, those seeds aren't going to be good for you, mostly males and herms if they germ, which you don't want. Do a little reading before you start. I wouldn't suggest starting if you can't afford to do it.

I'll go ahead and second that motion.
Mostly on the seed issue. Im sure a good % of all of us here got started on CFLs. But as ol boy said, youve most likely got bag seed hermies that will be a waste of time. If 4's are tight id say work an extra shift or pick up a side job for a couple saturdays and drop a c note on some good genetics.

I

iahsound

hey brother, do some reading and get some good genetics asap!! dont be afraid to order from seed banks and check thcbay. once you get some good strain get yourself at least a 250 watt h.i.d. lamp and some good venalation, and if you do it in dirt make sure to mix your soil 1/3 to 1/2 w/peralite!! and dont use miracle grow!!!
good luck!!! respect!!:rasta2:

420king-MASSES

go for it man get some experience under your belt before you plop down some dough but becareful bag seed is notorious for pumping out hermies

KUSHMAN901

KUSHMAN901

so ive been reading these post (and thanks for the advice) and now i am looking into buying seeds from a seed bank i am looking at this website http://www.1stmarijuanagrowerspage.com/indoor-marijuana-seeds.html
have any of you guys heard about it and is it any good?

in my honest opinion no try attitude seed bank, here at the bay, soamazing seeds, and one of my favorites dr greenthumb seeds if you start out with shitty genetics well i think you know the rest good luck

Mud Man

Mud Man

Get yaself a T5 light strip for ya Veg room.

http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_4265.html

Take ya Time...

Get a Nice clean x2 Tent set up....
Hang ya T5 light in one for ya mothers (keep forever)
hang a 400watt air cooled in the other and away you go... SORT OF! LOL

Good luck,,, take ya time looking around on here,,, loads of amazing growers and knowledge...!!

devious d

devious d

an 8u 250w blue cfl for veg*(at least) and a couple of 8u 250w red for flower you can get reasonable results, but have a read and good seed if you havent much paper some seed co sell individual seeds like attitude seeds or hear at the baya good 10 pack $50, id always say buy a couple of beans at least but its low cost for a good mother good luck you gotta start somewere.:rasta2:

A

AbusiveOGK

so ive been reading these post (and thanks for the advice) and now i am looking into buying seeds from a seed bank i am looking at this website http://www.1stmarijuanagrowerspage.com/indoor-marijuana-seeds.html
have any of you guys heard about it and is it any good?

Never seen or heard of the place before. Go with someone reputable. being as we're on the Farm we have THCBay conveniently located right here. They carry good stock from reputable breeders. You'll find yourself a winner.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
hey hows it going? my name is budahluva i love smoking marijuana but in the state that i live in it is hard to come across anything other than stress so i decided to keep some seeds from some baggies of decent stress now i know that these are not the best seeds to use but i am limited on funds now this will be my first time growing i am planing to grow 1 mother plant and 4 clones i will be using cfls for this grow now my ?s are 1.how long can i keep a mother plant alive and how? 2.how many cfls would i need and which ones does anyone recomend? thanks everyone hope to here some good responds and good advice peace!
It's how I started and I ended up with some SERIOUSLY skunky bitches. Couple of them smelled like cat pee they stunk so bad. Ain't nothin' wrong with working with what you have instead of worrying about what you don't have. None of them hermied on me, either.

Problem being, right now, that whatever you grow is going to grow less well under artificial light. That said, just go as BIG as you can with the CFLs. An absolute minimum would be six 100W equivalents (they draw something like 23W-26W, are for standard household lamps). Even better would be some of the newer security light CFLs, I think they're something like 300W equivalents. A problem using CFLs is spread, because the light is coming from a single point and fluorescent light does not have much "push".

So, a minimum of six 100W equivalent CFLs to start, make them 5,000K-6500K color temperature, and you're good for vegging.

HTH.

Btw, I have never spent a penny on genetics, and I think I've got some decent genetics in my rooms and planters. Do it when you can afford it.

B

boroboro

Regarding bagseed frequently growing hermies: I certainly agree, of course, but I recently ran about 30 seeds from a hermie-infested crop. About 4 of the 30 seeds turned out to be nice, solid females.

So, if budahlova is really short on funds and has a big pile of seeds, why not try them? Just be ready to discard most of the resulting plants.

convex

convex

If purchasing seeds, avoid anything with 'should' in the description.

I cannot believe the amount of F1 listings I see stating that the cross between parent A and parent B should produce ... blah blah.

IMO F1's should be tested before distribution and the breeder should KNOW what the resulting traits will be and not a guess of 'should'.

Look for tried and true hybrids, they will serve you well to learn with.
You can always go to mystery grows (including bag seed) when you have a bit of experience behind you, and better deal with any surprises.

Cheers

S

SweetIslandFunk

I

iahsound

If purchasing seeds, avoid anything with 'should' in the description.

I cannot believe the amount of F1 listings I see stating that the cross between parent A and parent B should produce ... blah blah.

IMO F1's should be tested before distribution and the breeder should KNOW what the resulting traits will be and not a guess of 'should'.

Look for tried and true hybrids, they will serve you well to learn with.
You can always go to mystery grows (including bag seed) when you have a bit of experience behind you, and better deal with any surprises.

Cheers[/QUOTE

WHAT HE SAID!!!:spacecraft:

Top Bottom