First time grower: Pistols growing and possible preflower in veg stage for Photoperiod

• Thread starter Cityjungle17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cityjungle17

Hi, I’m a first time grower and I am currently growing 2 strains. I have a lemon autoflower that’s almost ready to harvest and I have a Jack Herer photoperiod that is currently in veg. Originally I thought the Jack Herer was an autoflower because the other strains seeds I ordered were all autoflower and the Jack Herer seeds were freebies from the company so I’d assumed they were autoflower too. Nevertheless, around 4-5 of veg I realized it was a photoperiod, so I continue to grow with one autoflower and one photoperiod.
I currently have my tent running on a 20/4 light cycle primarily for the autoflower that is in its last few weeks of flower. And after I harvest the autoflower, I plan to switch to a 12/12 cycle to trigger flowering in the photoperiod plant. However, I’m starting to worry because for the past week noticed that my photoperiod plant has been growing multiple pistils from the top and lower branches. I know that this means that my plant is female but I am a little worried about how many pistils there are.
Also another bigger concern is that I saw today that it kinda looks like my plant is going into flower. But I didn’t think that was possible because it’s still running on a 20/4 light cycle. Do you think this will negatively impact my plant once I officially switch it to 12/12 to flower? And do you think I should be concerned about the pistols?
And I forgot to mention that the plant has been in veg for about 9 weeks now. I wanted to switch to flower earlier but because of the autoflower in my tent I had to wait longer.

If you think you can help, please feel free to leave a comment!

First time grower pistols growing and possible preflower in veg stage for photoperiod
First time grower pistols growing and possible preflower in veg stage for photoperiod 2
First time grower pistols growing and possible preflower in veg stage for photoperiod 3
First time grower pistols growing and possible preflower in veg stage for photoperiod 4
Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

This is completely normal.

There's only so much anyone can say from these pics, but those are probably preflowers. The plant is just letting you know it's ready to flip.

Photo plants can also flower spontaneously if you stress them, like keep them in a pot that's too small for them. Regardless, this plant is ready to rip when you are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom