First Time Grower Requesting Some Insight

• Thread starter ECCultivatin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ECCultivatin

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to growing. This is my first time, definitely have had interest in getting into it put never put the time or money into it. Ive done a lot of research, I understand its all trial and error at this point. I don't half do anything, I'll make any required changes and therefore criticism I take well. I'll do my best to spare you guys a novel and try to be as direct as possible but may seem as if im jumping all over the place. Any information is HELPFUL.

Below are some pictures of what I am working with. Is there really a difference using T5s for seeds/seedlings instead of LED? Are my plants stretching? They just started showing roots out the bottom of my Rockwool.

I plan on getting another tent. It'll be a 3x4, 3x3 veg and 1x3 clones/pre veg (that will have a T5 light). This way I can have a continuous cycle with little to no down time. That being said is this my best route to go? The hard thing I don't really understand is timing.. Ive read a lot with this method I can crop every 6-8 weeks but how? If anyone can break this down for my this is my biggest question. I understand cut and create a clone during veg, have in clone/pre veg area then move to veg area, then to flower tent. I just don't understand how the cycle is steady with no down time? The way I am taking it is I will have the clone for 3 weeks in the 1x3 area give or take? Then Veg for 2 weeks? Im just seeing a few weeks of down time. Do I need to store clone in the fridge in the beginning to make up this time?

I appreciate everyone viewing this post hopefully my questions aren't too dumb.. I'm sure ill have more along the way.

View attachment IMG_2147.pdf View attachment IMG_2146.pdf
detroitjoe

detroitjoe

if im starting from zero , i buy 12 plants.

i veg 6 for 1 month then bud. the other 6 keep vegging.
when the 6 have been budding for 1 month, i throw in 3 to bud.

feed the bud room every month, so u have a crop to chop down every month.

E

ECCultivatin

I like that but my set up is 5x5 flower, soon to be 3x3 veg and 1x3 clone. I only have 4 pots I would only crop 2 plants a time. What kind of yields are you getting? Is there a different type of method or is this what everyone seems to go by?

Perception

Perception

I think t5’s are too much for clones. You can get a t8 or 12 shop light for cheap if you want something long. I use regular light bulbs successfully (cfl or led) for starting clones. (There is a window next to these as well with no direct sunlight. Two bulbs is good if no window though. )

81EC7974 6A30 4102 8358 A27C10D7B0B0

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

I like that but my set up is 5x5 flower, soon to be 3x3 veg and 1x3 clone. I only have 4 pots I would only crop 2 plants a time. What kind of yields are you getting? Is there a different type of method or is this what everyone seems to go by?

everyone has their own strategy of operations, and yes , that was my start up run about 7 years ago in Michigan....indoors....and no its not trial and errors and yes, i do yield heavy.
i do 1500 plants for medical.

nevermind me, welcome..
are you a breeder or...hobbiest....uhmmm...why do you grow??

Kepp89

Kepp89

everyone has their own strategy of operations, and yes , that was my start up run about 7 years ago in Michigan....indoors....and no its not trial and errors and yes, i do yield heavy.
i do 1500 plants for medical.

nevermind me, welcome..
are you a breeder or...hobbiest....uhmmm...why do you grow??
nice meet me on john r, we'll talk about tomatoes

Top Bottom